DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 14, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #8,522 of 22,021
Yes, tried it with my Stax009, and it did sound good but I don't need it. The sound quality is very very good, if you have a good amplifier. I use it to connect into my stereo system at home all the time too

I probably missed something (was not really interessed when you posted but now some new box is coming home), what type of connector do you use? TRRS to 2 x XLR? Where did you find it? DIY I presume, any recommandation?

Sep 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #8,524 of 22,021
I used this 2.5mm TRRS female to 3.5 mm TRS male adapter(see link below) with my DX200 w/ amp3 line out to my iFi iDSD BL line in with no issues at all. I use a 2.5mm trrs aux cable between them. It is electrically feasible.

The diagram I put up is the pinout for a microphone adaption to 3.5mm trs but is the same concept as the 2.5mm trrs balanced to 3.5mm trs single ended connection.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/528113...25mm-trrs-to-35mm-trs?ref=shop_home_active_21
Ok. thank you for your time

Sep 14, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #8,525 of 22,021
Ok. thank you for your time

No problem.

FYI, I talked with Paul and he said that adapting the AMP3 to a SE connection is not supported and can cause damage to the DACs. So take my suggestion with a grain of salt. I'll definitely stop using my DX200 this way. So back to AMP1 for my SE connection needs.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #8,526 of 22,021
No problem.

FYI, I talked with Paul and he said that adapting the AMP3 to a SE connection is not supported and can cause damage to the DACs. So take my suggestion with a grain of salt. I'll definitely stop using my DX200 this way. So back to AMP1 for my SE connection needs.

I always stated out this rule of thumb

Balanced to Balanced only, and Single Ended to Single Ended only.

The only time for exception is when you have a Balanced in and want to plug it into a Single Ended out. Fe, any Balanced headphones into a Single Ended DAP, Amps.....or Single-Ended player into a Balanced in amplifier. It is ok to split the signals up, but it is not ok to joined them up, period.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #8,527 of 22,021
No problem.

For this reason my doubt LOL

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #8,528 of 22,021
I always stated out this rule of thumb

Balanced to Balanced only, and Single Ended to Single Ended only.

The only time for exception is when you have a Balanced in and want to plug it into a Single Ended out. Fe, any Balanced headphones into a Single Ended DAP, Amps.....or Single-Ended player into a Balanced in amplifier. It is ok to split the signals up, but it is not ok to joined them up, period.

I've connected balanced to unbalanced components (read non-headphones)quite a bit since I've been an audiophile. I've never had an issue with it. I've seen this done in the pro world. So it is electronically feasible, you do have to have the correct adapter though. The reason I reneged my recommendation is because iBasso doesn't support it.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #8,530 of 22,021
Nice, First impressions?
I just spent under a hour with it. So not much to say but it does everything better than my old 1A. Treble is a bit more than 1A. Sometime it's harsh a bit with some of my songs when i use A18 with it. But not so bad, i think can handle it.
In mango mode, its too laggy.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #8,532 of 22,021
I've connected balanced to unbalanced components (read non-headphones)quite a bit since I've been an audiophile. I've never had an issue with it. I've seen this done in the pro world. So it is electronically feasible, you do have to have the correct adapter though. The reason I reneged my recommendation is because iBasso doesn't support it.

I spoke to Paul on this also, to see if i can have a double amplification setup using AMP3 to Hugo2. I wanted to connect 2.5mm line out of AMP3 to either RCA or 3.5mm coax of Hugo2.

It seems Hugo2 does not have a line in so it would not work. it tried feeding 3.5mm AMP1 to 3.5mm coax that does not work, so I'm guessing same result if i try with AMP3.

I thought SPDIF to coax was line out to line in

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #8,533 of 22,021
I spoke to Paul on this also since I was curious to try connecting AMP3 to Hugo2, to see how it would sound with double amplification. I wanted to connect 2.5mm line out of AMP3 to either RCA or 3.5mm coax of Hugo2. It seems the Hugo2 does not have a line in so it would not work. it tried feeding 3.5mm AMP1 to 3.5mm coax that does not work, so I'm guessing same result if i try with AMP3.

I thought SPDIF to coax was line out to line in

I'm using (or should I say have used) my AMP 3 line out to my iFi iDSD BL 3.5mm line in with adapters and it works fine. You have to have the right adapters though and you have to adapt the right output/inputs. I'm going to discourage this though since iBasso doesn't support it.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #8,534 of 22,021
I'm using (or should I say have used) my AMP 3 line out to my iFi iDSD BL 3.5mm line in with adapters and it works fine. You have to have the right adapters though and you have to adapt the right output/inputs. I'm going to discourage this though since iBasso doesn't support it.

as long as both the dac from dx200 and hugo2 are working together to improve the sound quality, i'm fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back