DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #8,506 of 22,021
completely agree with your reasoning.
But , if you have 10 minutes to spend, pls do a little search about " ALO RX MK3B+ "... why a so different performance compared with AR-M2 LO+ALO external amp ?

I am not familiar with that Alo amp or the AR2. But from what I know, different sources with Line-Out will have different performances when connected to external amplifier. It is all due to implementations and the DAC sections of the (LO) source.

Just a thought, but shouldn't the Line out function in settings be checked to On? In his picture he is not using line out. Correct me if I am wrong.

I never did tick it on, the player automatically realized the connection, Line Out, phone out, or coax out. Just plug and play, another reason I love the dx200

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #8,507 of 22,021
how does it work?for l+ and r+ ok but with l- and r-?

Good question. I don't do dyi very often.... but wouldn't you connect the L+ to L and R+ to R then the L- and R- to G? I may be off on this please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• 2_5mm TRRS pinout.jpg
    2_5mm TRRS pinout.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3_5mm TRS pinout.jpg
    3_5mm TRS pinout.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 14, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #8,511 of 22,021
Yep and i am getting piled on.

Infos are available if they backread.

Thanks for your objective response.
Takin
I am very sorry for the stress and frustration you have over this situation. I can totally understand. If you go back to my message where I answered you and stated that we had just received delivery from the distributor there is an edit. That is because after I posted the first part of my message I got confirmation that the package had been received and I posted that information in the same message. Most of the time I ask that product be returned directly to us. It is the only way we really have any control over what is happening but we are still at the mercy of the shipping company. But at least we can correspond with them. When a distributor ships we don't have that control. I have been totally honest with you in my correspondence. I can say it no more clearly than that. I do understand your frustration and feel bad about it. All I can add is that we now have the shipment and repairs are being made.

To ad, I would like to clarify that we have many good distributors. I do not want to leave the impression that a number of them do not do a good job. This is about working together to provide information and service as soon as possible. We do not want stress to be part of the music. Music is for enjoyment and we would like to be part of that if possible.

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 14, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #8,512 of 22,021
I am very sorry for the stress and frustration you have over this situation. I can totally understand. If you go back to my message where I answered you and stated that we had just received delivery from the distributor there is an edit. That is because after I posted the first part of my message I got confirmation that the package had been received and I posted that information in the same message. Most of the time I ask that product be returned directly to us. It is the only way we really have any control over what is happening but we are still at the mercy of the shipping company. But at least we can correspond with them. When a distributor ships we don't have that control. I have been totally honest with you in my correspondence. I can say it no more clearly than that. I do understand your frustration and feel bad about it. All I can add is that we now have the shipment and repairs are being made.

Thanks Paul, so this is what we all assumed. Let's this be a lesson to all customers out there, that if problems raised, contact your Ibasso directly instead of sending back through distributor. Not only this is a problem to Ibasso, but to all others as well. The problems is because "distributors are involved"

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #8,513 of 22,021
Good question. I don't do dyi very often.... but wouldn't you connect the L+ to L and R+ to R then the L- and R- to G? I may be off on this please correct me if I'm wrong.
this is my doubt.
in a balanced amplifier l- and r- are two different amplifiers. in the 3.5mm you have r+ and l+ in two different positions. but in the ground you put l- and r- in the same place.
just curiosity if is possible

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #8,514 of 22,021
I am not familiar with that Alo amp or the AR2. But from what I know, different sources with Line-Out will have different performances when connected to external amplifier. It is all due to implementations and the DAC sections of the (LO) source.
infact my doubt was it could be "simply" a question of poor synergy between dx200 and ALO...maybe.

@mrmoto050
if I remember well maybe in some fiio player you have to flag LO mode or something similar, but no with dx200 where everything is managed automatically.

Sep 14, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #8,515 of 22,021
this is my doubt.
in a balanced amplifier l- and r- are two different amplifiers. in the 3.5mm you have r+ and l+ in two different positions. but in the ground you put l- and r- in the same place.
just curiosity if is possible

I used this 2.5mm TRRS female to 3.5 mm TRS male adapter(see link below) with my DX200 w/ amp3 line out to my iFi iDSD BL line in with no issues at all. I use a 2.5mm trrs aux cable between them. It is electrically feasible.

The diagram I put up is the pinout for a microphone adaption to 3.5mm trs but is the same concept as the 2.5mm trrs balanced to 3.5mm trs single ended connection.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/528113...25mm-trrs-to-35mm-trs?ref=shop_home_active_21

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #8,516 of 22,021
@bluesnote
Completely understand your frustration. 2 months absolutely too much.
Let me say, also with a perfect customer care, there would be always some cases where something would go very bad. This is statitstic. :frowning2:

My experience with ibasso warranty is absolutely positive (screen replacement spare + amp3 sent in less than 5 working days from HK to Italy). What I have to say is that @Paul - iBasso presence for sure has been decisive since he offers me complete availabilty (and quick) through email contact. My impression is the contribute of Paul is crucial to be sure to solve the problem. In other words in your case it would have been better a direct RMA with ibasso.
The problem is the customer support should always works also without Paul intervention. (this could be a problem since of course a good customer support should not be done only by a person...).

Anyway pls note this thread how big is and how is followed constantly by ibasso delegate (Paul)...a so close presence is not taken for granted by other brand.
And Paul offered you his help more than one time here in public. This is not again a granted act. So, even if (and I'm really sorry for you) you've been unlucky, what is important is ibasso now is trying to do his best to help you.

ciao,
Lorenzo

Sep 14, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #8,517 of 22,021
I used this 2.5mm TRRS female to 3.5 mm TRS male adapter(see link below) with my DX200 w/ amp3 line out to my iFi iDSD BL line in with no issues at all. I use a 2.5mm trrs aux cable between them. It is electrically feasible.

The diagram I put up is the pinout for a microphone adaption to 3.5mm trs but is the same concept as the 2.5mm trrs balanced to 3.5mm trs single ended connection.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/528113...25mm-trrs-to-35mm-trs?ref=shop_home_active_21
Be careful, technically it is bad. Paul and his engineers already said that you could burn out the buffer in the amp

Sep 14, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #8,518 of 22,021
infact my doubt was it could be "simply" a question of poor synergy between dx200 and ALO...maybe.

@mrmoto050
if I remember well maybe in some fiio player you have to flag LO mode or something similar, but no with dx200 where everything is managed automatically.

I don't use line out so I was not sure but it looks like it is automatically sensed. If you want more power for SE output and can afford it, buy the AMP2 it has plenty to drive LCD-2 for me as well as Beyer T90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back