DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 3, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #5,626 of 22,021
Just to explain further the reason between clock switching.  Look at all the sampling frequencies: 768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz - they all have 2 common fundamental denominators - 44.1k and 48k.  Every other frequency is derived by multiplying these fundamental frequencies by an integer (2, 4, 8, 16).  Clock is very important in order to have low-jitter performance, and the frequency is cleaner when you multiply it by an integer rather than a fraction to go from 44.1 to 48 (fraction requires multiplication and division).

Many daps use 2 clocks/oscillators on the board, 44.1kHz and 48kHz (femptosecond high precision in case of DX200).  When you switch between the songs with a different sampling rate (44.1kHz vs 48kHz or their multiples), the hardware needs to switch between these clocks.  I mean, literally, you have some kind of a mux with both clocks going in and a select bit that switches from one input to the other.  That switching should be fast and transparent, but it's currently not since you hear a pop when switching between the songs.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

The problem you described before is different, you are playing high res files and during playback go to a folder/album/file list and scroll fast up/down when you hear pops,  That could be related to some buffering issue.  In theory, dx200 has a multi-threaded processing (multiple cores handle multiple functions at the same time, playback, browsing, etc).  I will try to recreate it once i get home.  Btw, do you have gapless on/off when this happens?  Wonder if it makes any difference when gapless is disabled since with gapless it usually reads ahead of time to skip the "gap", and perhaps something is getting messed up.

Actually it is so random that I cant predict it. Some times it just play smooth. But sometimes is pop clicking very often out of blue.

I am always gapless off.

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #5,628 of 22,021
Hi guys,

How to transfer audio file to DX200 or Micro sdcard without take out the card ?
When i connect the dx200 to my win7 pc, it didn't popup any window for putting the file.

It only appear a DX200 icon in window explorer.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #5,632 of 22,021
Honestly guys.  Tried again tonite after 24 more hours (475 hour zone).  This thing is a poor alternative to the DX90.  Wiry, inorganic and gutless hifi.  The 90 is wildly better if you have any idea how live vs reproduced music sounds.  I hope they come out with a  new amp module. Or that balanced utterly transforms it. Otherwise, this thing is a paperweight to me.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #5,633 of 22,021
  Honestly guys.  Tried again tonite after 24 more hours (475 hour zone).  This thing is a poor alternative to the DX90.  Wiry, inorganic and gutless hifi.  The 90 is wildly better if you have any idea how live vs reproduced music sounds.  I hope they come out with a  new amp module. Or that balanced utterly transforms it. Otherwise, this thing is a paperweight to me.

Your headphone for use dx200 is hd800?

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #5,634 of 22,021

You use with 2.5 or 3.5? And what headphone you use now ,sir.

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #5,637 of 22,021

LOL if you're serious, then I would definitely see an audiologist. Saying this unit is sub-par to the DX90 is the equivalent of saying that a StarTak phone was more powerful than an iPhone. Now I don't know how long you've had the DX200, or if you even have the correct firmware installed. What I do know is that many of us have owned some of the highest end DAP's ever produced and find it comparable to them. The DX90 is in no way better than the DX200 according to thousands of users. The DX90 is in no way better than the DX80 according to thousands of users. Both the DX80 and DX90 are not even in the same league as the venerable DX100. That being said, the DX200 has brought the tonality, sound quality, and dynamics of that DX100 to an entirely new level.

If you have truly burned this unit in for 475 hours and have poor quality sound, tell Paul from iBasso and have them send you a new unit. I assure you that you have a lemon. Lets put it this way...on just about every single audiophile website, people are raving about this unit. I personally compared it to the AK380 and found it in league with it. I also compared it to my DX80, DX90, DX100, Cowon, and FiiO units side by side. I was not the only one amazed at this DAP. (BTW I didn't get a "free' unit, and I certainly don't work for them). But you don't have to believe me, you can hear from members here or read the many reviews online.

Seriously, speak to Paul and look into getting a replacement unit. There is something wrong with the one you have.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #5,638 of 22,021

LOL if you're serious, then I would definitely see an audiologist. Saying this unit is sub-par to the DX90 is the equivalent of saying that a StarTak phone was more powerful than an iPhone. Now I don't know how long you've had the DX200, or if you even have the correct firmware installed. What I do know is that many of us have owned some of the highest end DAP's ever produced and find it comparable to them. The DX90 is in no way better than the DX200 according to thousands of users. The DX90 is in no way better than the DX80 according to thousands of users. Both the DX80 and DX90 are not even in the same league as the venerable DX100. That being said, the DX200 has brought the tonality, sound quality, and dynamics of that DX100 to an entirely new level.

If you have truly burned this unit in for 475 hours and have poor quality sound, tell Paul from iBasso and have them send you a new unit. I assure you that you have a lemon. Lets put it this way...on just about every single audiophile website, people are raving about this unit. I personally compared it to the AK380 and found it in league with it. I also compared it to my DX80, DX90, DX100, Cowon, and FiiO units side by side. I was not the only one amazed at this DAP. (BTW I didn't get a "free' unit, and I certainly don't work for them). But you don't have to believe me, you can hear from members here or read the many reviews online.

Seriously, speak to Paul and look into getting a replacement unit. There is something wrong with the one you have.

I have owned (own) the DX50, DX80, DX90, DX100 and the DX200. I can also state without reservation that the DX200 SQ is at the top of the list.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #5,639 of 22,021
I have owned (own) the DX50, DX80, DX90, DX100 and the DX200. I can also state without reservation that the DX200 SQ is at the top of the list.

I think the guy has a bad unit. There is no way the unit should be behaving the way it is. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back