DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 3, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #5,611 of 22,021
unless dx200 is way better than wm1a (sonic-wise), i think that wm1a would suit me better

much bigger battery , a bigger internal memory (128gb) and no talk about bugs etc

so the question is how much better dx200 is , sound-wise :confused:
The DX200 has a very different approach to sound than both WM1Z and WM1A. One might prefer either.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #5,612 of 22,021
Just got this beautiful case and wanted to use it with this support on my desk. Just like shown on a picture. @Paul - iBasso is it possible to make mango player working in horizontal in future? There's an auto rotate option in android but it doesn't work for mango player.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #5,613 of 22,021
Just got this beautiful case and wanted to use it with this support on my desk. Just like shown on a picture. @Paul - iBasso is it possible to make mango player working in horizontal in future? There's an auto rotate option in android but it doesn't work for mango player.

The Rotate is an Android feature. I will ask our software team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 3, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #5,614 of 22,021
I am noticing that hi res popping noise during playback is still there and more noticeable when I swipe up down left right. I believe the lag cause songs to have popping noise. Maybe they use a lot of rams resulting in annoying pop noise.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #5,615 of 22,021
I am noticing that hi res popping noise during playback is still there and more noticeable when I swipe up down left right. I believe the lag cause songs to have popping noise. Maybe they use a lot of rams resulting in annoying pop noise.

Are you referring to a pop when switching between songs with a different sample rate?  I don't believe that has been addressed yet, but should be soon,

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #5,616 of 22,021
Are you referring to a pop when switching between songs with a different sample rate?  I don't believe that has been addressed yet, but should be soon,

No sir. Random pop noise during playback in hi res song itself.

Pop noise during changing bit rate is another issue. Not sure if it is about the device get heat up and trigger this or not.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #5,617 of 22,021
You can try experiment yourself in android mode. Mango player.

1.play any 24/96 bit rate song from any album

2. Then in album list, you swipe screen up and down up and down very quickly for several times.

I believe you can notice glitches sound along as your swipe more or less.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #5,618 of 22,021

Pop noise during changing bit rate is another issue.

Is this after the latest fw update?  I don't recall hearing any pops playing flac/dsd files with previous fw, need to test more the latest one.

Bit rate change is not a problem, it's a sample rate where you will hear a pop due to a switch between the clocks (dual crystal oscillators).

... just read your other comment.  So, the pop noise happens only when you play a high res song and go and quickly swipe up/down the screen?  That sounds like some buffering issue during playback.  I will try it later, at work now.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #5,619 of 22,021

Pop noise during changing bit rate is another issue. Not sure if it is about the device get heat up and trigger this or not.

For some reason I do not get this. I am sending this to the software team anyway and they will work on this. It may be a kernel issue.

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #5,620 of 22,021
For some reason I do not get this. I am sending this to the software team anyway and they will work on this. It may be a kernel issue.

So basically it is same problem that others are mentioning

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #5,621 of 22,021

When changing to a different resolution the hardware is being changed and there can be a sound. During the song or on the same album there should be no pop or click and we will work on this.

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #5,623 of 22,021
I have 1.6.6. I don't think it changes each time. 

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #5,625 of 22,021

Just to explain further the reason between clock switching.  Look at all the sampling frequencies: 768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz - they all have 2 common fundamental denominators - 44.1k and 48k.  Every other frequency is derived by multiplying these fundamental frequencies by an integer (2, 4, 8, 16).  Clock is very important in order to have low-jitter performance, and the frequency is cleaner when you multiply it by an integer rather than a fraction to go from 44.1 to 48 (fraction requires multiplication and division).

Many daps use 2 clocks/oscillators on the board, 44.1kHz and 48kHz (femptosecond high precision in case of DX200).  When you switch between the songs with a different sampling rate (44.1kHz vs 48kHz or their multiples), the hardware needs to switch between these clocks.  I mean, literally, you have some kind of a mux with both clocks going in and a select bit that switches from one input to the other.  That switching should be fast and transparent, but it's currently not since you hear a pop when switching between the songs.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

The problem you described before is different, you are playing high res files and during playback go to a folder/album/file list and scroll fast up/down when you hear pops,  That could be related to some buffering issue.  In theory, dx200 has a multi-threaded processing (multiple cores handle multiple functions at the same time, playback, browsing, etc).  I will try to recreate it once i get home.  Btw, do you have gapless on/off when this happens?  Wonder if it makes any difference when gapless is disabled since with gapless it usually reads ahead of time to skip the "gap", and perhaps something is getting messed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back