DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 18, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #5,311 of 22,021
  I am having a playback problem.. DX200 randomly stops the playback. It happens in mango/spotify/tidal.

Very odd.

Edit: I am on latest beta.

you may want to post that in the bug thread brother.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/838997/ibasso-dx200-bug-thread-post-any-firmware-bugs-issues-here

check first if that is posted already, and if not you may post it there.

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #5,312 of 22,021
@bluesnote Cheers. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #5,313 of 22,021
Now my DX200 is suffering from sever "ghost touch" syndrome.
blink.gif

This never happens before I changed the screen protector. The screen protector that comes with DX200 is very thick compared to the one I used to replaced it. 

Mar 18, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #5,314 of 22,021
Now my DX200 is suffering from sever "ghost touch" syndrome.:blink:  

This never happens before I changed the screen protector. The screen protector that comes with DX200 is very thick compared to the one I used to replaced it. 
maybe air got between the protector.

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #5,316 of 22,021
  Now my DX200 is suffering from sever "ghost touch" syndrome.
blink.gif

I imagine you cleaned the screen well before applying the new protector. If this continues please email me at paul@ibasso.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 19, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #5,317 of 22,021
With all the talk about how burning in the dx200 makes a huge difference to the sound, will the same be true for the cable and headphones? I have Audeze lcd-xc headphones and a balanced "noir hybrid" cable from Forza Audioworks in Poland. I have about 60hrs burn in on the unit but only an hour or so using the setup. Would it be worth leaving everything playing for hours and hours to burn in the headphones and cable?

Thanks in advance

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #5,318 of 22,021
With all the talk about how burning in the dx200 makes a huge difference to the sound, will the same be true for the cable and headphones? I have Audeze lcd-xc headphones and a balanced "noir hybrid" cable from Forza Audioworks in Poland. I have about 60hrs burn in on the unit but only an hour or so using the setup. Would it be worth leaving everything playing for hours and hours to burn in the headphones and cable?

Thanks in advance

cable not really headphones, depends planar maybe not so much but yes a few hours to loosen things up , for the device its a completely different thing. Some electronics need time to portray their default characteristics.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #5,319 of 22,021

Thanks in advance

There is connecting wire inside of the headphones. Even planar seem to do better with some burn-in.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 20, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #5,320 of 22,021

So I've had my DX200 for almost a month now. It's had approx 500 hrs burn in of which I have to admit most of the time I hadn't listened to it. This weekend my wife & kids have headed outta town so I've had some time to myself and a chance to listen. I'm on the 2.0.78b since its release and was very briefly on the unusable 1.5.69 and the DX200 was delivered at 1.3.60 which I didn't listen to. First 250 hrs was burnt in with the burn in dongle which to me didn't seem to smooth out the trebles so the latter 250 hrs was burnt in with my MH335DW-SR and TG!334.

Here are some of my initial findings of my DX200 unit :-

• DX200 gets warm in DSD
  • Delay in touch response
  • Would be nice if response is to a larger section than exactly on the icon (back button for example)
  • Would be nice to have touch volume dial (supposedly available on next firmware)
  • Larger internal memory 64 a bit small if only one microSD
  • No DXD 384kHz support (hangs firmware)
  • Firmware is easy to hang with random actions (e.g. I've just unplugged my 2.5mm TRRS TG!334 to 3.5mm TRS DITA in Mango and the screen & buttons are non-responsive )
  • Loud clicks when hitting the rewind (a different sound in Android mode)
  • Track ordering in Mango mode doesn't match Android mode
  • Android mode is faster responding than Mango mode
  • Android mode sounds wider and deeper (echo-y type effect) but Mango mode sounds more intimate and clear but flatter
  • Android mode sounds more dynamic and more fun of the two (both are using the same filters)
  • Line out next to 3.5mm headphone out is a little worrying for me at least in case I make a mistake of what I plug my earphones into accidentally

Sonically the DX200 has been great. After burning in with my earphones (over the dongle - maybe it's luck, maybe it was timing, don't know) I've found the sonically it's been satisfying. There's a great about amount of smooth detail. Overall an engaging sound, nothing mundane or boring about it.

If used in Single Ended mode the DX200 feels more dynamic than the NW-WM1Z (however I think this is more a fault with WM-WM1Z's SE implementation). The DX200 leans more towards neutral than the NW-WM1Z which sounds a little warmer. I'd personally consider the DX200 to be more in the AK380Cu or even AK380SS category - tonally speaking. Back to the DX200 compared against the NW-WM1Z, there's something about the vocal midrange of the DX200 sounding a little more shouty than the NW-WM1Z.

In balanced mode, the NW-WM1Z has more fullness body than the DX200 which sounds lean by comparison. The DX200 is a little more clinical whereas the NW-WM1Z has more analogue-ish type signature.

Pairing, so far I've actually enjoyed the DX200 pairing with the DITAs and Vega's more so than with BA's where at least with the BAs I have, the trebles are either lacking or a little too brittle. I can't seem to find the common ground with BA IEMs with the DX200 but more so with dynamic driven earphones. I'll need to experiment a more about this in detail in the future.

Overall I think the DX200 is a typical and expected evolution from the DX100 in the iBasso world. To me both sonically were great and rather well rewarding for their asking price, however the DX200 as with the DX100 has room for improvement in the software/firmware dept. In the past 1.5 hr listening session, I've power reset my DX200 probably 4-6 times. But the good thing about software/firmware, bugs could be eliminated as found with updates - therefore there's opportunity for the DX200 to improve as long as there's continual support for it.

For now I've lent my DX200 to a friend for 2 weeks. I'll be able to perform more tests after I get it back.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #5,322 of 22,021
The reasons I didnt buy it. Lean, UI issues, too cold sounding.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #5,324 of 22,021
Mar 20, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #5,325 of 22,021
We'll lean vs full IMHO is just personal taste and it doesn't really mean one is better than the other. I think in audio lean has develped a negative connotation which is unfortunate cos if it were food that'll be a positive connotation (usually).

The software though could do with a more robust QA testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back