DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 13, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #5,206 of 22,021
I sure hope changing the screen protector helps stopping the phantom swipes
I am getting really pissed of with my unit. It happens way too often

I's hard for me to to understand that this can occur with a 900 euro DAP
Combining a touchscreen to Android software is not really something new is it?

@Ibasso Paul:
Do you at Ibasso know if this issue is hardware or software related?
People are spending time and money on fixes that might not solve the problem

So it does not appear to be screen protector problem. I still get the ghost swipes after I pasted the tempered glass screen. :mad: With latest beta firmware I have been getting the ghost swipes for the last 3 days very frequently.
I have downgraded my unit now to v1.5.69 which quite a few people claim to be unresponsive. Seem fine now but have to monitor it the next few days.

I am losing confidence with iBasso too ever since my DX80 had the battery problem and now the second DAP that I purchased from them has such faulty hardware.

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #5,207 of 22,021

I have not compared it directly to the DAC2. I don't often use the W80 with the DAC2. If I get a chance, I'll try to do a decent comparison and post back.

The very low noise floor of DAC2 makes iems listening pleasant. I actually enjoy listening with my NT-6 the most with DAC2. That is why I am eager to compare DX200 with it. I hope mine arrive this weekend. I don't have my DAC2 since Xmas.

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #5,208 of 22,021
Now I face the ghost swipe problem as well especially at the top right of screen. will look into the mentioned solution if any will solve.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #5,209 of 22,021
  Now I face the ghost swipe problem as well especially at the top right of screen. will look into the mentioned solution if any will solve.

i experienced that, i actually took a video of it.

Luckily I got my unit replaced. 

Ask for replacement to all of you experiencing ghost swipes, it's swiping or pressing down at the upper right corner. Don't spend buying screen films to solve it. 

I got no issues of ghost swiping now after replacement, though buggy firmware and noise clicks occur. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Paul, when is the next firmware update be releasing? 

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #5,210 of 22,021

Ask for replacement to all of you experiencing ghost swipes, it's swiping or pressing down at the upper right corner. Don't spend buying screen films to solve it. 

I got no issues of ghost swiping now after replacement, though buggy firmware and noise clicks occur. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

I will reload the beta firmware again today. If it is still faulty will bring it to the dealer tomorrow.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #5,211 of 22,021
I have followed twister6 idea.
- wash my hand clean
- clean the screen thoroughly with soapy tissue.
- clean with a bit water-soak tissue and dry tissue.

seems so far so good now. will surveillance few more days.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #5,212 of 22,021

Agree it's time for a new Firmware :)
Luckily i have no ghostswipes but the loud "pops" when pausing some tidal Hifi titles is annoying. Though it just happens sometimes...not every time.
Hope it can be solved Firmware wise...Paul?

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #5,213 of 22,021
First full day of listening at work (computer job, sys admin). Didn't listen to it ALL day, but maybe almost 4 hours out of a 8.5 hour day. Used up around 50% of the battery.

I was definitely a little skeptical about what the DX200 would sound like compared to what I've been using for years... Note2 to RSA Predator DAC/amp. But gotta say... this thing sounds awesome! No disappointment at all with the sound quality. Using single-ended out through Silver Dragon 2 to Westone W80. Even for a semi-bass head like myself, who really likes a warm sound signature, this has plenty of that, and so much more. The high end and instrument separation is killer... but still very smooth without being harsh at all. And, like some others said, if you're listening to tracks that have bass and sub in the mix, you will hear it.

I can kinda understand how it's sometimes being described as analytical sounding rather than fun. But for me... it's definitely a fun, detailed sound signature with the W80.

I'm only using the Mango OS player, as that's all I really wanted this for... a portable killer "reference" DAP... and it is. And I plan to burn it in the old fashioned way, as it sounds great out of the box to me. There's only a few little niggles with the player, like a little slow on the swipe. And it could definitely use some sorting options based on tags. But it's nothing that gets in the way of enjoying that great sound! Really looking forward to the firmware updated to allow using 3rd part Android music apps at native resolution. But I'm more than happy with the Mango OS player now.

Firmware version I seem to have is 1.6.2... and it's not listed as a download on the iBasso site. So I'm a little hesitant to upgrade it right now, as the player is working great as it is.

So, I thought the sound signature "low end" and "impact" might be an issue compared to what I was using. But it's not at all. VERY happy with this as a portable DAP. I would just about say that the DAC and associated analog circuitry alone is worth the price of the DX200 (and I'm using a Benchmark DAC2 DX at home). That you get a portable DAP, and late version of Android on top of it really makes this an outstanding value. So far, I lover it! :D  

And looking forward to seeing how much it gets tweaked to be even better as new firmware updates are released.

I really feel you, friend.
cheers!! :)

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #5,214 of 22,021
  I have followed twister6 idea.
- wash my hand clean
- clean the screen thoroughly with soapy tissue.
- clean with a bit water-soak tissue and dry tissue.

seems so far so good now. will surveillance few more days.

I did those ideas already but does not work. I re-roll to 1.3.60 using Factory Tools then to 1.5.69 using internal update. 

That not only solves my ghost touch issue but also improve my aforementioned battery leakage and self-reboot (launcher has stopped)

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #5,215 of 22,021
Firmware version I seem to have is 1.6.2... and it's not listed as a download on the iBasso site.
It is a version of MangoPlayer, not firmware version.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #5,216 of 22,021
I also ordered with http://protectionfilms24.com/ .
But it comes by air mail.

I applied the glass coating solution for the car for a while.
I am storing it in a moisture-proof storage and it is drying now.

I will do impressions such as touch feeling at a later date.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #5,218 of 22,021
  Good pairing. The naturalness of the SE5 Ultimate works will with the very reference sound of the DX200. I am not sure if I don't still prefer the LPG or WM1Z, might depend on mood and genre.

Very nice Cable.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #5,219 of 22,021
  Good pairing. The naturalness of the SE5 Ultimate works will with the very reference sound of the DX200. I am not sure if I don't still prefer the LPG or WM1Z, might depend on mood and genre.

I'll guess it depends on the mood. I keep switching between DX200 and LPG and sometimes the M1+Hugo.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #5,220 of 22,021
I am starting to get a hang of the DX200. I am now running the beta firmware, and the screen sensitivity is improved. Using many head/earphones with the DX200, and so far, they all sound fantastic. The KSE1500 is still my preferred choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back