DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 7, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #4,997 of 22,021
Sorry, this is off topic on what you all currently speaking about. Often there been a back and forth argument, whether burn in makes a difference. I know it been posted that Dx200 needs 200hrs of burn in to hear the difference. How does the burn in actually work on daps or dacs?

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #4,998 of 22,021
  Sorry, this is off topic on what you all currently speaking about. Often there been a back and forth argument, whether burn in makes a difference. I know it been posted that Dx200 needs 200hrs of burn in to hear the difference. How does the burn in actually work on daps or dacs?

mainly about capacitors. It needs electricity passing thru for some period of time until its C value is as same as the face designed value.

http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=751.0

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #4,999 of 22,021

Regarding capacitors, they stabilize after a while but it takes time. I have a Sencore LC102 that test ESR, can condition and stabilize caps and gives extremely accurate capacitance readings. I have put caps that are supposed to be 470uF on it that measure in the 300's in uF. After a lot of conditioning with it they will often come up to 470 or in that area but will vary and after more time will stabilized. So you have current and want it stable, the best ESR the cap has etc and the Sencore has shown me what is going on. Even resistors are better after some burn in. Opinions will always vary. If you hear no difference that is fine and nothing wrong with that. I do hear differences and have over the years but again, some people do and some don't. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #5,001 of 22,021
Do we have concern in heat for burn in? The burn in cable line input makes the device sooooo hot. Not warm but hot. I am concern it may damage the screen.

Surely it is hot. I need to use electric fans blow along burning in period. But it doesn't damage the screen or any backfire.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #5,002 of 22,021
Thanks bro.

It is insanely hot in mine.

What I do is I place it over any heat shrink surfaces like PC desktop housing or any metal that functions as heat dissipation.

Without the leathercase of course. 

This is to prevent the literal "burn in". badumm tsss!

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #5,003 of 22,021
the zip file has to be in the root folder (no matter sd card or default), so you would have to move it there and then the manual update will recognize it. Also, and maybe I'm the only who got confused: for the manual update the "SD card" is the internal memory and the external SD card is "default"

Thanks for that information. I will try it when i get home from work. I don't know whether to actually install the new version as i see lots of people are having problems once they update.
I managed to install tidal last night using the idea suggested in this forum where you convert the url of the tidal page on playstore into a kind of link, place it in internal memory and run it. It worked great. I couldn't download it direct from playstore as it says i don't have any device.
Just need to do that with qobuz now. I have started a free trial with both providers so i can test them both on the player.

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #5,004 of 22,021
Surely it is hot. I need to use electric fans blow along burning in period. But it doesn't damage the screen or any backfire.

Mine has been burning in for the last couple of days using the dongle but it only gets warm. And that is with the case on. I am waiting for a balanced cable to arrive from Forza audioworks in Poland. Once that gets here i will continue burn in with my headphones.

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #5,005 of 22,021
Mine has been burning in for the last couple of days using the dongle but it only gets warm. And that is with the case on. I am waiting for a balanced cable to arrive from Forza audioworks in Poland. Once that gets here i will continue burn in with my headphones.

I think it is just everyone has different threshold of expressing temperature. warm of one = hot for the other = insanely hot for another. 

By the way, congratz for the balanced cable. it is a lot improvement from Single End on this device.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #5,006 of 22,021
  Do we have concern in heat for burn in? The burn in cable line input makes the device sooooo hot. Not warm but hot. I am concern it may damage the screen.

No. This unit doesn't get as hot as the DX100 used to. My review unit burned in for over 300 hours with no detrimental effect whatsoever. Just leave it out of it's case when burning in. I'm not sure why you needed a fan artpiggo. I live in NYC and had the unit next me every day, it wasn't that hot for me.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #5,007 of 22,021
No. This unit doesn't get as hot as the DX100 used to. My review unit burned in for over 300 hours with no detrimental effect whatsoever. Just leave it out of it's case when burning in. I'm not sure why you needed a fan artpiggo. I live in NYC and had the unit next me every day, it wasn't that hot for me.

Don't underestimate Tropical weather.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #5,008 of 22,021
Mar 8, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #5,009 of 22,021
  Thanks bro.

It is insanely hot in mine.

What I do is I place it over any heat shrink surfaces like PC desktop housing or any metal that functions as heat dissipation.

Without the leathercase of course. 

This is to prevent the literal "burn in". badumm tsss!

LOL 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back