1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346
Next

Last
  1. Aerosphere
    My unit lasts about 6hrs using tidal.
    *2.78b fw
    *no wifi/airplane mod
    *offline tidal ofc
    *5 min screentime total
    *low gain | mid volume

Is this normal? 

2. LCMusicLover
    B&H now shows:

dx200.jpg

3. bluesnote
    Just to share my reasons fot getting DX200 above other DAPS.

- "reference" sound because I do not want colored or modified or enhanced sound. I want to hear what the artist intends the audience to hear.

- USB C... because USB C from my years of usage is prone to damage and slow speed for this age 2017.

- large screen for easy GUI sighting

- for the price it competes equal if not above TOTL known DAPs (this us subjective)... Considering DX200 price you get more.

- incredible Paul and support attending

- android interface which is important for me to insfall Spotify to discover other bands and music.

The only con I have is a single expandable card. But hey I can live with it. Hopefully next AMP release is card expandable if so.

Hope this helps deciding people and those who doubt their purchase.

This is coming from a musician and who has been a fan of music for 15 years. This is my first DAP yet I use my TOTL music interfaces which has DACS that most TOTL uses.

Cheerio.

4. headwhacker

I don't want enhanced. I want them all natural. [​IMG]

5. moedawg140 Contributor

I agree with your post, my friend.

The DX200 is quite the performer acoustically, and I really enjoy the snappiness of the UI/screen compared to a lot of DAPs that I've listened to or own.  The DX200 embodies a beautiful sound, however is less punchy and detailed in the treble and especially bass areas of the frequency spectrum compared to the QP1R.  The volume knob of the DX200 isn't my favorite since it takes a lot of turns with a finger and a thumb, but wouldn't be as much of a concern if in the future via firmware update volume can be implemented via the screen.

The X5iii was nice for the price, but I much preferred the DX200 on all levels except for the volume knob of the DX200 and more open Android implementation of the X5iii.

twister6 likes this.
  6. headwhacker
    Actually, to my ears LPG is more like the reference. I find DX200 gives an extra thickness in the body of any song I listen with. Which is similar to the R10 have. LPG on the other hand is flatter. Though, I agree it has more mid bass and a little more sparkle on the top end. 

But reference is very relative and for me both DAPs is a good reference. As long as they don't give too much emphasis on a single thing. Maybe the perfect reference is somewhat in the middle of the 2

7. jmills8
    One says thin the other says thicker. Guess its the iems being used or ones ears?

8. bluesnote
    I am currently using my DX200 now, and into volume 18 to 40.... 

From random time like within a minute to 3 minutes, I am hearing a digital click sounding.

Anyone else can try too on low volume?

9. artpiggo

Already stated in the bug list thread, already point out for annoying popping noise between Hires Playback.

10. bluesnote
    Thanks Artpiggo, I just thought the sound is different from popping noise as it sounds digital click to me. [​IMG] like a metronome digital click.

If this is a popping noise in high res playback, then sampling or buffer could be an issue.

(this is the same issue with cracking popping noise in sound interfaces and DAW softwares too when buffering or sampling high res...downsampling is our answer for latency free monitoring, also for eliminating pops and crackling noises).

I hope not for DX200.

I hope this is just a bug not specs-wise issue in which downsampling will be the answer. [​IMG] 

11. headwhacker
    Probably both

12. odevans
    I wouldn't say it sounds thick, nor would I say that it sounds thin, far from either in fact. To me, it is crystal clear with the right amount of base(which definitely isn't lacking) - as the music should be... To my ears, through my andro and lcd-x, at least.

13. Aerosphere
    No opinions? 

14. bluesnote
    Tidal users can only answer your questions brother.

Let's wait for them to chime in.

15. KK-android

normal.

First

Back
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346
Next

Last