DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 4, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #3,827 of 22,021
I just so happen to know the discount code. They have it written down on paper at the store. If you want, I'm willing to share the code. Not sure if Music Sanctuary ships overseas though.

Music Sanctuary accepts overseas orders. Like others have mentioned, the first batch are sold out at the various shops.

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #3,828 of 22,021
For those who have tested extensively balanced and single ended, do you notice any large difference in soundstage width? I keep seeing comments regarding how wide/airy the stage is, its one area I'm not hearing quite that way single ended.

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #3,829 of 22,021
Those who upgraded from DP-X1, do you notice a soundstage increase, I mean my LG G5 w/ B&O DAC has a bigger soundstage than DP-X1 though not as well defined 

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #3,830 of 22,021
Music sanctuary, Zeppelin and co, E1 personal audio. I have HEARD that E1 sells Parallel import units, but that is still unconfirmed.

Music Sanctuary has a 10% off the player as of now, so if you would like to get one, do it ASAP. It's selling for around SGD1260, which converts to about USD894. Zeppelin and Co also has an early bird discount running for the player. I got mine from Music Sanctuary anyways
smily_headphones1.gif

hi Lawrence, E1 pride ourselves on a friendly environment and good customer service.  do believe many head-fiers here familiar with E1 can vouch for that.  may have disappointed you with our pricing as we are professionals and not hawkers per se. to insinuate the possibility of E1 is offering parallel imported units is totally not true and uncalled for.    

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #3,832 of 22,021
For those who have tested extensively balanced and single ended, do you notice any large difference in soundstage width? I keep seeing comments regarding how wide/airy the stage is, its one area I'm not hearing quite that way single ended.

My condition: Pure mode
Song used: Kalafina - heavenly blue 16 bit/44.1
Headset: U12 + brimar sup ref eliodic balanced cable
Balanced to SE adapter: viablue plug DIY
Balanced volume: 68
SE volume: 78

I find balanced is noticeably more airy and more spacious both in width and depth, compared to SE.

I also find vocal in SE is dryer a little compared to balanced.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #3,833 of 22,021

The soundstage started off wide high and deep, and went on to contract during burn in and expanding after further burn in.
This is qhat i'm hearing on both single ended and balanced. Even didn't sound as wow but i'd attribute it to the components having varying degree of breaking in. hopefully after the 200 hrs mark, we will have the final character of the player.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #3,834 of 22,021
The soundstage started off wide high and deep, and went on to contract during burn in and expanding after further burn in.
This is qhat i'm hearing on both single ended and balanced. Even didn't sound as wow but i'd attribute it to the components having varying degree of breaking in. hopefully after the 200 hrs mark, we will have the final character of the player.
So the sounstage first contracted and then expanded. Maybe you should stop listening it might contract again.

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #3,835 of 22,021
So the sounstage first contracted and then expanded. Maybe you should stop listening it might contract again.

Yeah. It's just odd really. Never heard a player that has it's character shift this much in short spurts. Will just let it run in for a while before listening again.
Just more concerned with the heat making the software behaving a bit off (like runtime stops during playback, track number out of order, etc).

Still sounds awesome though. 

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #3,836 of 22,021
Thanks guys,

Everything is sounding pristine now with my 1Plus2.2 / DX200, the mid-range is 100% legit, just missing some stage width single ended.

I kind of understand what Ken's saying, it may depend on the tracks played as I've found it can vary at times.

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #3,837 of 22,021
  Those who upgraded from DP-X1, do you notice a soundstage increase, I mean my LG G5 w/ B&O DAC has a bigger soundstage than DP-X1 though not as well defined 

Yes I did, I still have the DP-X1 and did a quick A/B (balanced on both), despite the DX200 being much fuller it's a tad wider and significantly deeper.
On other aspects, it packs more detail while being more musical (treble in particular are way smoother and mids are much fuller).

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #3,838 of 22,021

Yes I did, I still have the DP-X1 and did a quick A/B (balanced on both), despite the DX200 being much fuller it's a tad wider and significantly deeper.
On other aspects, it packs more detail while being more musical (treble in particular are way smoother and mids are much fuller).

In other words, DX200 outclasses DP-X1? Sorry mate but Your impressions sounds more like comparising for e.g. Galaxy S6 and DP-X1 and not like trying to describe two top daps. 

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #3,839 of 22,021
In other words, DX200 outclasses DP-X1? Sorry mate but Your impressions sounds more like comparising for e.g. Galaxy S6 and DP-X1 and not like trying to describe two top daps. 

How so?

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #3,840 of 22,021

Opinions may differ but I had DP-X1 for a year with a lot of hours on them, to me it's simply not the same league. I am not saying the DP-X1 is a bad DAP I enjoyed it for a long time, it's just that DX200 is quite something as it compares favorably even with amps I had. I also happen to like the signature better. My impressions are just that and by not means a proper review...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back