DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 3, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #3,797 of 22,021
bad/loud mastering is a modern era disease caused by the need for everything to sound 'louder' (in radio especially)

being a guy 95% into 70s-90s music , i feel lucky

plus today's music also usually suffers from being bad/boring , besides being badly mastered/mixed

btw , speaking of well recorded/mastered albums (that are also masterpieces in their genre) here are a few off the top of my head

steely dan - aja
abc - the lexicon of love
earth wid and fire - spirit 
dead can dancce - spiritchaser
fleetwood mac - mirage / tango i the night

there are too many great albums out there actually if you do some searching

my problem is not finding good music to listen to , it's finding money to buy great dap/ciems to listen to all this great music available

cheers

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,798 of 22,021
I have Metallica, GnR, Linking Park and RHCP badly mastered album. They still sound bad on DX200 but a bit more tolerable. They are very harsh lije giving me migraine on LPG and Hugo.

If you are a big RHCP fan, it is worth looking at HDTracks for their albums/remasters. They are much better than the original releases.

fixed.

Lol

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #3,799 of 22,021

If you are a big RHCP fan, it is worth looking at the discography of Parliament/Funcadelic , which RHCP have based their whole sound on

fixed.

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #3,802 of 22,021
MiniDisc in Sydney is still considering whether to sell the Dx200 as the anticipated selling price would be AUD$1,400.00.
frown.gif

Wow, is everything a lot more expensive in Australia or is it the exchange rate right now? 

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #3,803 of 22,021

Wow, is everything a lot more expensive in Australia or is it the exchange rate right now? 

A little of both AUD == .77 USD right now.  1400 AUD would be 1078 USD

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,804 of 22,021
Paul,

Please add the bug report. In mango pure mode, if the album you play have only 1 song and you use function "repeat all". It will cause into the short silence at the near end of song.
This also occurs if you use "repeat one" for any song.

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #3,805 of 22,021
Where can I buy DX200 in singapore?

Music sanctuary, Zeppelin and co, E1 personal audio. I have HEARD that E1 sells Parallel import units, but that is still unconfirmed.

Music Sanctuary has a 10% off the player as of now, so if you would like to get one, do it ASAP. It's selling for around SGD1260, which converts to about USD894. Zeppelin and Co also has an early bird discount running for the player. I got mine from Music Sanctuary anyways :)

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #3,807 of 22,021
Anyone having issues with the DX200 screen turning on? It's happened 2 or 3 times to me now. I was getting ready for my evening stroll, plugged my IEMS in and tried to turn the screen on, nothing. Held the power down to try and turn it on, as if it was off (it shouldn't have been it was on literally 3 minutes before), nothing. Unplugged iems. Tried both again. Nothing. Tried holding power button for 10 seconds. Nothing. Waited for 30 secs, tried powering it up, and it turned on. Screen shut off, I plugged my IEMS in again, nothing. Had to try again. Got it to work. It's been fine since. Weird.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #3,808 of 22,021
My computer is not recognizing my DX200 as a storage device on which to load files. The DX200 itself pops up in Windows explorer, but I am unable to load any files onto the internal memory. The Micro SD card installed in the DX200 is not being recognized at all by Windows explorer, though it's recognized by the DX200 itself, and I can play the music that's loaded on the card.

When I try to drag a file onto the DX200 internal memory via Windows explorer, I get a message saying "Do you want to be able to play selected media files on your device?," followed by two choices: Yes, media files will be converted and copied to the correct location so that I can play them on my device; or, No, all selected files will be copied to the same folder, but media files won't play on my device.

When I choose the "Yes" option and drag a file to the DX200, I get an error message that says "Cannot copy item. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.

I have installed the latest firmware. Can anyone figure out what's going on? Is this a problem that has been seen before with the DX200? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #3,809 of 22,021
There is a drop down menu for the DX200, click on it. You have to drag down from the top of the screen. Make sure you select file transfer. I think that might be the issue. That's regarding the USB function.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #3,810 of 22,021
There is a drop down menu for the DX200, click on it. You have to drag down from the top of the screen. Make sure you select file transfer. I think that might be the issue. That's regarding the USB function.

I'm able to drag from bottom to top from the Android desktop in order to return to the DX200 app, but I'm unable to drag from top to bottom. Do I need to be in any particular screen in order to do so? Thanks!

Edit: Never mind, I was able to get that menu and change it to file transfer, and that is indeed what the problem was. It now works great. Thanks so much!  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back