DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 3, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #3,781 of 22,021
I have Metallica, GnR, Linking Park and RHCP badly mastered album. They still sound bad on DX200 but a bit more tolerable. They are very harsh lije giving me migraine on LPG and Hugo.

^ Gotta love Linking Park, sounds like the Chinese version of AC/DC. :D

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #3,785 of 22,021
However, a very audible clicking sound can be heard once every 0.5 seconds. I've tried multiple cables but to no avail.

Did you try both SD card and internal memory as the source storage? Did you try to turn the display off while playing, or vice versa - keep it always on?

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,786 of 22,021
^ Gotta love Linking Park, sounds like the Chinese version of AC/DC. :D

ACDC precedes Linking Park but ACDC had a few excellently mastered albums (e.g Back in Black) which is part of any demo playlist by many audiophiles. Can't really understand what happened afterwards. Loudness wars is like a nuclear holocaust of music recording.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #3,787 of 22,021
Just checking out Mango OS vs Android Mango, and I have just realised that Android Mango is putting my tracks in the wrong order within the album. Tracks are all tagged correctly and order is fine when accessing hrough the directory, but when accessing via album view the tracks are shifted around. In Mango OS they are fine. Rescanned the sd + internal, and they're in a slightly different order but still wrong....! Anyone else had issues with this? Very perplexed...

I have reported this along with any other bugs that have been mentioned since the holiday started here. Our software team will get the complete list and work on it right away.

Hi! Thank you for messages.

The fact that I have both devices, burned Mojo with 1000+ hours and DX200 was burned just only 50 hours.
I am in some confusion, everyone including iBasso is talking about the benefits of the player in front of Mojo.

The DX200 can be used as a source but where did I mention the Mojo?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 3, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #3,788 of 22,021
I went ahead and used HibyMusic for a test run with my Hugo.

Good news is that everything runs like it should, even with native DSD playback.

However, a very audible clicking sound can be heard once every 0.5 seconds. I've tried multiple cables but to no avail. I'll have to get a working version of the USB Audio Player Pro and the Onkyo HF player and see if those face the same problem.

Unfortunately, play store isn't installed in the stock firmware, proving that we might have to flash the player with a custom firmware for the play store to work and get license verifications up and running.

We have tested this and it works with no clicking but I have to see what app we are using.

We are going straight into a a dac from the DX200. You are using the app for other functions?

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #3,789 of 22,021
I haven't even been tempted to try the Mojo with my dx200... Don't see the point as the DX200 sounds fine on its own. There is little to no reason to stack the DX200. I tried last night with my rha dacamp l1... Rather pointless. Way too much hulk. The additional bass was nice, but not worth carrying for my walk.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,791 of 22,021
  Will there be an amp module later on with more bass?

The bass on the DX200 continues to improve with burn in. There will be more amps to meet many needs.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #3,792 of 22,021

The bass on the DX200 continues to improve with burn in. There will be more amps to meet many needs.

​It will be ground breaking and will cause a massive stir if you are able to make a tube amp module :p

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #3,793 of 22,021
  ​It will be ground breaking and will cause a massive stir if you are able to make a tube amp module :p

Oh my that would be incredible but I guess it would mean extra size (I wouldn't mind).

This being said DX200 + ALO Ref8 + Vega is pure bliss, beyond my wildest expectations :D
Up to the point I am not sure to keep the Mojo and god knows I love it...

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3,795 of 22,021
I have Metallica, GnR, Linking Park and RHCP badly mastered album. They still sound bad on DX200 but a bit more tolerable. They are very harsh lije giving me migraine on LPG and Hugo.

honestly i am starting to think those bands are deaf that is why they can not evaluate the quality of their recordings so for that i forgive them if they are deaf

BUT if the have perfect hearing and they allow their albums to be ruined by recording companies and mastering engineers then to hell with them

Now back to the topic, would the PEQ be introduced to dx200 in the next firmware update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back