DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 4, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #3,858 of 22,021
I just so happen to know the discount code. They have it written down on paper at the store. If you want, I'm willing to share the code. Not sure if Music Sanctuary ships overseas though.

Thanks. But even with the discount the calculated landed price (thanks to our customs/taxes) would be around AUD $1,400.00.

I've recently spend a fair bit on a HD800S and Oppo HA-1, so I think I'll fall back on my DX-90 and wait a while for the price to drop a bit and (hopefully) for the exchange rate to improve...

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #3,860 of 22,021
after burning still be a cold dap?, i like a little bit more warm

Definitely not and that was my worry as well. I think the initial impressions before burn in is the DAC with the initial Sabre ESS chip like sig. But the amp section once burned in brings a lot to the table, in particular a warmer sig (not overly so but enough to bring great musicality).

I wouldn't be concerned DX200 isn't a cold DAP

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #3,863 of 22,021
It's been 2 weeks since I bought DX200 and I really love this DAP. The soundstage is wider and the imaging is accurate, the bass is tight and the texture is very good. Pairing with Noble Katana is a joy, it enhance the soundstage, separation and the resolution. And I am sure my DX200 is not yet reaching 200 hours burns in, maybe 100 plus hours, since I am not leaving it to play all day long. The wifi interference is not that bad as I thought in the first place, it's very minimum when using balance cable and when using SE port its dead silence. All in all I am very happy with DX200, good job iBasso very good job, well done.

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #3,864 of 22,021
How TIDAL sounds on DX200? On my ZX2 it sounds a bit flat..

I am using Tidal most of the time and I can assure you it sound as it should be like when you using the stock player mango, the volume level is the same there is no degradation in quality. Maybe it because third party app can have access to both DAC on DX200 like the native player app.

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #3,865 of 22,021
In other words, DX200 outclasses DP-X1? Sorry mate but Your impressions sounds more like comparising for e.g. Galaxy S6 and DP-X1 and not like trying to describe two top daps. 

If you value increased soundstage and depth iBasso DX200 definitely has the edge over DP-X1. But the same goes compared to other DAPs. I don't see it necessarily negative for DP-X1. Actually depending on your iem/headphone DP-X1 can have similar soundstage on my NT-6 but smaller on T8iemkii. But DX200 still has advantage in depth on both iems.

I brought both DX200 and DP-X1 on my recent plane trip and for the length of the flight(3hrs) I actually used DP-X1 almost exclusively with NT-6. I actually enjoy the pairing more listening to 80's 90's rock band.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #3,866 of 22,021
If you value increased soundstage and depth iBasso DX200 definitely has the edge over DP-X1. But the same goes compared to other DAPs. I don't see it necessarily negative for DP-X1. Actually depending on your iem/headphone DP-X1 can have similar soundstage on my NT-6 but smaller on T8iemkii. But DX200 still has advantage in depth on both iems.

I brought both DX200 and DP-X1 on my recent plane trip and for the length of the flight(3hrs) I actually used DP-X1 almost exclusively with NT-6. I actually enjoy the pairing more listening to 80's 90's rock band.

Thanks, I'll get DX200 for next weekend from a friend so I could compare them and test with all my iems.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #3,867 of 22,021
I started my review today, I'm having quite a lot of fun writing it.

Here's a snippet from the unboxing/packaging section.

"If you're a real packaging freak, who likes to meditate over unboxing's momentarily and cherish that moment, iBasso have not let you down in any shape or form"

The packing is really quite good. 
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #3,868 of 22,021
I started my review today, I'm having quite a lot of fun writing it.

Here's a snippet from the unboxing/packaging section.

The packing is really quite good. :wink:  

Are there live hamsters waiting to great you beneath each layer?

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #3,870 of 22,021
No, BUT you could easily buy hamsters afterward and let them live inside.

Would be a two level dwelling with extravagant exterior. 

I like it when the manufacturer supplies the hamsters for you. It's a welcome courtesy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back