DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 5, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #3,872 of 22,021

Trying to get Google Play + Google services installed. Using an app which installs the full suite on Chinese phones like Huawei & xiaomi devices. Fingers crossed!
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow. Does it work? Look forward to your further updates. 

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #3,873 of 22,021
Feb 5, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #3,874 of 22,021
I like it when the manufacturer supplies the hamsters for you. It's a welcome courtesy.

I am sorry this was overlooked. I will see what can be done. Later you can have a hamster sandwich while listening to your favorite music.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 5, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #3,875 of 22,021

I am sorry this was overlooked. I will see what can be done. Later you can have a hamster sandwich while listening to your favorite music.

Wow Paul...lol....

Just wow....

:wink:

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #3,876 of 22,021

The DX200 will move to the top of my list, then.

:D

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #3,877 of 22,021
How TIDAL sounds on DX200? On my ZX2 it sounds a bit flat..

Tidal sounds just fine on the DX200. I can also say that it sounds great on my ZX2 but I am using Hi-Fi (lossless Flac) when streaming on both.

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #3,878 of 22,021

I like it when the manufacturer supplies the hamsters for you. It's a welcome courtesy.

Hamster or hampster, there is plenty of room inside of DX200 for anything 
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #3,879 of 22,021
Does DX200 support .ISO ?

Even though I haven't seen it stated anywhere that the DX200 supports ISO, I tried it last night and I was indeed able to play an ISO.

The DX90 is very fussy in playing ISO--sometimes it works fine, and other times not at all, depending on the ISO selected. I haven't been able to figure out what criteria makes any specific ISO track work, and others not work. The DX200 might behave the same--I haven't tested it beyond that one attempt last night.

Is there any official word on whether the DX200 supports ISO?

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #3,880 of 22,021
Here's some information I gathered in my attempts to get Google Framework & Play Store running.

WindowsX is already working on a ROM which includes the Google Play Store. I'm not sure if he has been successful, but it's not going to be free.

Firstly, there are 2 essential processes that must first be installed: Google Framework & Google Play Services. These come in many different versions, based on Android versions and CPU models. This means that any application meant to install the whole suite on china phones are NOT compatible with this device.
As far as I know, the DX200 uses a RK3368 processor, which is ARM based. This calls for the installation of an ARM compatible version of both applications. Installing the wrong version of either one of the applications will lead to both processes constantly crashing. Only way to stop this is uninstalling the application through the settings menu.
I have yet to be successful in finding compatible versions.

Secondly, the Google Play Store also has multiple versions. However, I don't think compatibility is an issue. I'll have to test this once I figure out the processes.

Lastly, all current versions of all the frameworks and the Play Store is available for download off apkmirror. Do give it a go and update us with the compatible versions if you do manage to find them.

I'll still be working on this, but at my own free time. I wish anybody who tries this the best of luck.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #3,881 of 22,021
I've done some quick comparing with DX90, DX80, over the last few days.

I would definitely label DX200 closer to DX90's voicing, which isn't really surprising, its the iBasso unit I've liked the most (up until DX200)

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #3,882 of 22,021
Scary good soundstage testing track, pretty holographic with DX200 :)

https://tidal.com/track/15666682

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #3,883 of 22,021
  I've done some quick comparing with DX90, DX80, over the last few days.

I would definitely label DX200 closer to DX90's voicing, which isn't really surprising, its the iBasso unit I've liked the most (up until DX200)

In which areas, soundwise, would you say DX200 is an upgrade over DX90?

I love the voicing of DX90 and maybe it's time to upgrade...

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #3,884 of 22,021
In which areas, soundwise, would you say DX200 is an upgrade over DX90?

I love the voicing of DX90 and maybe it's time to upgrade...

Refinement really stands out on DX200, the posture held by music particularly at higher volumes and during busy passages. In turn strong refinement leads to higher coherency. With DX90 you may hear an instrument on the side channels or in the background, while you know it's there you cannot quite interpret it's melody or hear it clearly separated (smearing). With DX200 you'll actually hear the instrument clearly and understand it among others around it.

Detail wise is an upgrade definitely same with resolution, at the same time DX200 sounds a little fuller, thicker, I keep referring to the word 'clearer' occasionly, because DX200 resolution is quite a bit higher and it pushes out more clarity.

There are other areas such as tighter bass, texture, but that's a few areas for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back