DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 16, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #12,796 of 22,021
Monday just comes , LOL! Still making breakfast and some coffee. I usually have dhl delivery in the evening. Their location is like 40 minutes away from me, and I am still amazed by how they deliver stuff on time

My Monday is ending hahaha. 730pm here!

Lol! Walk over to them and demand for it!!

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #12,797 of 22,021
With any Mac you need a third party app in order to transfer files, such as Android file transfer or Commander One.
Once you connect the dx200 to the Mac you have also choose the mode “file transfer “ on the player, this has to be done in android, not mango.

Music at last! :)

Android transfer downloaded and working, so thank you very much chaps, for putting an end to a couple of hours of frustration.

I was hoping to use "dapper" as it looked like a good option for synching with Mac/ itunes library, importing playlists, etc, which is supposedly compatible but no joy.

I'm a new convert from 2 channel to the possibilities of head-fi and having had a lot of my other preconceptions proved wrong I thought i should try a DAP as alternative to my regular portable set up of iphoneX + Dac (mojo or df red or on rare occasions my hugo2), so i found DX200 with spare amp5 going in the classifieds here to scratch the itch with and so what i can hear for myself and decide on the sound quality/ practicalities of carrying iphone+Mojo vs iphone and DAP

Instant impressions as i write this listening (amp1) through my EE phantoms/ EA Leonidas to Daft Punk are that its got the march over the DF red, not to mention having a clear practical benefit of being able to micro adjust the volume to safe listening levels. Think i know who'll the winner will be when it comes to mojo comparisons, but i am loving the lack cables/adapters.

Thank you again and rather than hi-jack this thread with lots of newbie questions if anyone can direct to a start up guide, best settings etc.. if not any quick optimisation tips gratefully received.

:):)

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #12,798 of 22,021
Music at last! :)

Android transfer downloaded and working, so thank you very much chaps, for putting an end to a couple of hours of frustration.

I was hoping to use "dapper" as it looked like a good option for synching with Mac/ itunes library, importing playlists, etc, which is supposedly compatible but no joy.

I'm a new convert from 2 channel to the possibilities of head-fi and having had a lot of my other preconceptions proved wrong I thought i should try a DAP as alternative to my regular portable set up of iphoneX + Dac (mojo or df red or on rare occasions my hugo2), so i found DX200 with spare amp5 going in the classifieds here to scratch the itch with and so what i can hear for myself and decide on the sound quality/ practicalities of carrying iphone+Mojo vs iphone and DAP

Instant impressions as i write this listening (amp1) through my EE phantoms/ EA Leonidas to Daft Punk are that its got the march over the DF red, not to mention having a clear practical benefit of being able to micro adjust the volume to safe listening levels. Think i know who'll the winner will be when it comes to mojo comparisons, but i am loving the lack cables/adapters.

Thank you again and rather than hi-jack this thread with lots of newbie questions if anyone can direct to a start up guide, best settings etc.. if not any quick optimisation tips gratefully received.

:):)

Welcome to the gang!! Now you just need an amp4s to play around hahah.

Anyways there’s no such things as newbie questions or anything. This thread is created for any DX200 loving person to come in and discuss anything you wished to!

As for setting wise, there are un fact not much settings for you to play with. Other then the digital filters which are IMO minimally in changing the sound.

However if you wanna have access to Google store etc, and use Spotify etc. Maybe you can check out lurkers latest firmware!

Otherwise just sit back and enjoy the music man!!!!

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #12,800 of 22,021
IMG_20180416_101110-01_2.jpeg

I called DHL this morning and the delivery window was from 2:30 - 6:30 PM. I asked if there was any way they could get it here before 1 PM. The guy said it was already on the truck and he could add a note to it but couldn't make any promises. It arrived before 9:30 :)

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #12,802 of 22,021
I understand where you're coming from. Foxtrot admitted to trolling and yet totally nailed the fact that the new Amp4 module (later called Amp4s) would be somewhat different than the previous Amp4 well before iBasso officially told anyone. It was a prescient call by Foxtrot. I had to ask: how did they know? I tried in vain to search the forums and find where they got it and I still have no idea.

On that level, I have to earnestly congratulate Foxtrot. If that was a deliberate troll, I have to say it was masterful. If it wasn't deliberate trolling but legitimate spreading of information, Foxtrot still nailed it.

Speaking of nailed it, let's also talk about the DX200, which has done the same. The DX150 has my attention, but I've been enjoying the DX200 even before it burned in. It's such a great product, I'm kind of wondering what iBasso will do to top it.... Foxtrot, any ideas? :p

He probably guessed. 50/50 chance getting it right.

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #12,803 of 22,021

I called DHL this morning and the delivery window was from 2:30 - 6:30 PM. I asked if there was any way they could get it here before 1 PM. The guy said it was already on the truck and he could add a note to it but couldn't make any promises. It arrived before 9:30 :)

Say what? I called them they said first thing they do is delivering to me first in FV though! :ksc75smile:

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #12,804 of 22,021

Come come first listen experience???? :L3000::L3000:

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #12,809 of 22,021
Wish I have two DX200 now....I won't say which one is better but both of them are worthy to have .

Let it burn in before jumping into a conclusion. I'm letting it cook for 3-4 days before any impressions.

ibasso_dx150_amp4s-x01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back