1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852
854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863
Next

Last
  1. artpiggo
    \

how about amp2

2. ZzmadzZ
    Replied you in nick's thread. General consensus will point you to amp5. But if your lucky enough to get an amp4s. That may delight you even more.

3. ctaxxxx
    I kind of miss AMP2. AMP5 was an improvement in every way except the mid to treble transition. Not too fond of smooth upper mids if it peaks in the treble soon after. It doesn't really make it suitable for louder listening as the treble starts creeping up. I know I have some sensitivities in the lower treble though. I just don't remember having the issue with AMP2. I usually prefer more neutral treble, which AMP1 and AMP4 does right.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. ZzmadzZ
    Ahh so you heard the creeping low treble peaking up similarly to me for the amp5. Amp5 sounds fantastic on low volume but like i described previously, a little too aggressive when you increase the volume. At least when i use Zeus.

Amp4s on the other hand do not have this issue.

5. Paul - iBasso
    The only person that represents iBasso is me. No one else is an employee or otherwise attached to iBasso here. I appreciate the many people the help here and that care about helping others. It is all about the music and the enjoyment of it. To make is clear, I am iBasso here and no one else.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  6. ZzmadzZ
    Hi @Paul - iBasso, thank you for the clarification! Now we can all ignore foxtrot from now on.

And yes, enjoying music is the best solution for everything :D

7. Victorfabius
    I understand where you're coming from. Foxtrot admitted to trolling and yet totally nailed the fact that the new Amp4 module (later called Amp4s) would be somewhat different than the previous Amp4 well before iBasso officially told anyone. It was a prescient call by Foxtrot. I had to ask: how did they know? I tried in vain to search the forums and find where they got it and I still have no idea.

On that level, I have to earnestly congratulate Foxtrot. If that was a deliberate troll, I have to say it was masterful. If it wasn't deliberate trolling but legitimate spreading of information, Foxtrot still nailed it.

Speaking of nailed it, let's also talk about the DX200, which has done the same. The DX150 has my attention, but I've been enjoying the DX200 even before it burned in. It's such a great product, I'm kind of wondering what iBasso will do to top it.... Foxtrot, any ideas? :p

ZzmadzZ likes this.
  8. teknorob23
    Apologies if this question has been asked 100 times already but i couldnt see the answer in the thread.

I have just bought dx200 from a fellow headfier which i'm very pleased with other than i cannot get it to connect or appear as device on my mac?

I have plugged it in to my iMac, macbook pro and mac mini, it shows as charging on the Dx200 itself but does not appear as a device on any of the macs

Apologies again for interrupting the thread, but any help in getting started would be much appreciated :)rob

9. kubig123
    With any Mac you need a third party app in order to transfer files, such as Android file transfer or Commander One.
    Once you connect the dx200 to the Mac you have also choose the mode “file transfer “ on the player, this has to be done in android, not mango.

teknorob23 likes this.
  10. Victorfabius
    I don't have too much of an issue connecting to my Mac. First, you need to be in Android mode for anything to work.

Then, you need Android File Transfer, like Kubig123 mentioned, in order to transfer files. To use as a USB DAC, open the Mango player app from Android (NOT Pure Mango Mode), swipe right to left and choose the USB DAC mode option. Seems to work for me that way.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the DX200!

teknorob23 likes this.
  11. twister6 Contributor
    So, to put it in a different perspective

i'm_the_law.jpg

gc335, icefalkon, ctaxxxx and 3 others like this.
  12. ZzmadzZ
    This is the best HAHA

13. Whitigir
    I Am!
    0B38F623-601A-4682-A9FE-EE89F530E296.jpeg

icefalkon, ctaxxxx and KEV G like this.
  14. ZzmadzZ
    Got your amp4s yet?

15. Whitigir
    Monday just comes , LOL! Still making breakfast and some coffee. I usually have dhl delivery in the evening. Their location is like 40 minutes away from me, and I am still amazed by how they deliver stuff on time

First

Back
843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852
854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863
Next

Last