DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #12,737 of 22,021
with the lurker firmware can you use the installed tweaked Hiby app and Hiby link on a smartphone to control the DX200 (ala the M3s and some of the other hiby based daps)? Or is the installed tweaked hiby app mainly for USB out

Does the DX200 have the necessary hardware to receive BT?

Apr 14, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #12,738 of 22,021
928D3055-8B88-4545-8357-0D166508D0B8.jpeg

Straight in. iBasso DX200, Spdif/ coaxial to Onkyo CR-N765 and D-112EXT speakers plus Onkyo sub woofer T300-B

Sounds excellent.
That added layering etc

Took me a while (cause input is around the back/ short cable/ lazy).

Usually I use the ifi iOne BT with a variety of daps or my wife used her iphone plugged into the front.

F0992AA9-DFE1-4910-9490-440D238289D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #12,739 of 22,021
Guys my amp4s came.

Obviously I swap it immediately.

First listen after coming from amp5.

This is so so so different. Amp5 to me is very clean and very analytic. Sometimes it borderlines on overly aggressive at the upper treble. Resulting in ear fatigue. It has a soundstage that is very wide yet it’s height is not as extended.

However for amp4s, sound become creamy smooth, with a slight emphasis on the Low ends. Smoother upper treble with zero ear fatigue. Vocals still sounded clean but not as high resolution. However vocals become so raw and lifelike. It’s amazing.

The most awesome improvement? The soundstage!!! The width remains as amp5’s, however the Low soundstage of the amp5 is no more!!! Sound extends all the way up, so much air so much space. Simply breathtaking.

I am currently pairing Zeus with ares 2+ And omgosh Zeus have never sounded this good...

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #12,740 of 22,021
Guys my amp4s came.

Obviously I swap it immediately.

First listen after coming from amp5.

This is so so so different. Amp5 to me is very clean and very analytic. Sometimes it borderlines on overly aggressive at the upper treble. Resulting in ear fatigue. It has a soundstage that is very wide yet it’s height is not as extended.

However for amp4s, sound become creamy smooth, with a slight emphasis on the Low ends. Smoother upper treble with zero ear fatigue. Vocals still sounded clean but not as high resolution. However vocals become so raw and lifelike. It’s amazing.

The most awesome improvement? The soundstage!!! The width remains as amp5’s, however the Low soundstage of the amp5 is no more!!! Sound extends all the way up, so much air so much space. Simply breathtaking.

I am currently pairing Zeus with ares 2+ And omgosh Zeus have never sounded this good...

*hyper ventilating*

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #12,742 of 22,021
Monday can’t come soon enough....dang it
Mine was supposed to deliver by Monday, but I called dhl to schedule Saturday. But the driver forgot to take the package so they had to special deliver on Sunday(today) hahaha.

I am very interested to see how amp4 compares to the latest amp4s though... if it’s an upgrade or a sidegrade or even a downgrade hahaha!

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #12,743 of 22,021
Mine was supposed to deliver by Monday, but I called dhl to schedule Saturday. But the driver forgot to take the package so they had to special deliver on Sunday(today) hahaha.

I am very interested to see how amp4 compares to the latest amp4s though... if it’s an upgrade or a sidegrade or even a downgrade hahaha!

Based on comments from @Paul - iBasso and initial impressions from people, I'm thinking it's a kind of diagonally-upwards-grade :)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #12,744 of 22,021
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #12,745 of 22,021
Amp5 to me is very clean and very analytic. Sometimes it borderlines on overly aggressive at the upper treble. It has a soundstage that is very wide yet it’s height is not as extended.

This surprised me a little bit :)
I haven't listened to AMP5 much because all my IEM's are using CB12 or CB13 balanced cables now. I do have a 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm SE adaptor though.
The one time I listened to AMP5 was when I got the IT01 with the stock cable.
My immediate impression was of a significantly more warm and organic sound signature, delightfully musical and fun.
This was coming from the IT03 and Noble Katana, both with AMP3 though.
So a lot of that impression was doubtless due to the IT01.

But anyway, now you've intrigued me.
I'm going to use my adaptor and do a bit of back and forth with the AMP3 and AMP5, using the IT03 and CB13 :)

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #12,746 of 22,021
This surprised me a little bit :)
I haven't listened to AMP5 much because all my IEM's are using CB12 or CB13 balanced cables now. I do have a 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm SE adaptor though.
The one time I listened to AMP5 was when I got the IT01 with the stock cable.
My immediate impression was of a significantly more warm and organic sound signature, delightfully musical and fun.
This was coming from the IT03 and Noble Katana, both with AMP3 though.
So a lot of that impression was doubtless due to the IT01.

But anyway, now you've intrigued me.
I'm going to use my adaptor and do a bit of back and forth with the AMP3 and AMP5, using the IT03 and CB13 :)

Yes it’s fun yet alittle fatiguing I think. But I’m using ares 2+ which is bassier and a slight treble lift.

Lol how are you managing the back and forth. You need another DX200 to make it easier to A-B :jecklinsmile:

I love amp5 a lot by the way. It’s really clean and energetic. Amp4s is more relaxing and smooth. Loving both.

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #12,747 of 22,021
Yes it’s fun yet alittle fatiguing I think. But I’m using ares 2+ which is bassier and a slight treble lift.

Lol how are you managing the back and forth. You need another DX200 to make it easier to A-B :jecklinsmile:

I love amp5 a lot by the way. It’s really clean and energetic. Amp4s is more relaxing and smooth. Loving both.

Now it's clear why AMP4(without S!) is estimated at $ 999 lol

No, no, I'm not selling, do not ask! )))

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #12,748 of 22,021
Lol how are you managing the back and forth?

I got distracted by reading and writing posts on Head-Fi. Oh, the irony :p
But I'm starting now :)
I've loosened the screws on both amp units and have the 2.5mm - 3.5mm adaptor plugged into the AMP5 already.
So I can swap the AMP units over as smoothly and seamlessly as possible, although in accordance with the advice from @Paul - iBasso I will be powering off the DX200 when swapping the AMP modules.
Wish me luck :p

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #12,749 of 22,021

I forgot to ask; do you have AMP3? If so, what's your opinion about how its sound signature differs from AMP5? :)

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #12,750 of 22,021
I forgot to ask; do you have AMP3? If so, what's your opinion about how its sound signature differs from AMP5? :)

Nope i sadly do not have amp 3 or amp4.

Only heard amp1, amp5 and amp4s! Too many amps yet only one dx200... :L3000::L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back