DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 14, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #12,721 of 22,021
Lurker0, you rock! Firmware flashed and I can’t wait to hear. My hope is that the battery savings will translate to just enough to get me through a work day while streaming with Amp1. Just need between 30-60 minutes extra over the previous version. Now to wait for Amp4s to be delivered...

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #12,722 of 22,021
Just need between 30-60 minutes extra over the previous version
Sorry, not more than 20 minutes compared to L0, with a fully charged fresh battery. But more than a hour compared to the official version, according to my tests. YMMV, as always...

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #12,723 of 22,021
Sorry, not more than 20 minutes compared to L0, with a fully charged fresh battery. But more than a hour compared to the official version, according to my tests. YMMV, as always...
Oh, darn. I guess I'll have to learn to live with an extra 20 minutes of battery life, Google Play Store, access to the microSD when plugged into a PC, an improved for DX200 Hiby app, and external HD support (plus more!) instead. Yeah, you're awesome. Don't let anyone tell you different!

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #12,724 of 22,021
wish I could pluck up the courage to install the lurker firmware

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #12,726 of 22,021
I have a Mac, and it's easy and well worth the effort. No regrets. Lurker0 did a fantastic job with the previous gen firmware mod, has been doing this for years and has my respect for that effort. If you read the instructions first, ask about what you don't understand (paging Dr Google!), and then follow the steps, it works like a charm.

One happy user here, in case that wan't clear.

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #12,727 of 22,021
I´m trying to figure out how to update the music database so the new data is showed on the Mango player on Android mode, but I don´t find the way. I switched to Mango mode and updated there the library, but once I return to Android mode the data on Mango player is not updated. I tried to disconnect and insert again the memory card, but the system does not detect any change and, thus, the message about scanning the card is not showed.

Any ideas?

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #12,728 of 22,021
Use the Batch Tool and just do it. You can't brick the DX200 and the sound is excellent. Very analogue but with better dynamics than LP and wonderful imaging and layering! With AMP4 this easily takes the DX200 above anything I have, including the Chord Hugo. The sound is very natural and flowing. AMP3 sounds very open dynamic normally but everything opens up even more.

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #12,730 of 22,021
After several months of investigation, tries and tests, 2.8.198L1 is available for general public. The changes compared to L0 are:
  1. Less power consumption in both active and sleep modes. It also runs cooler.
  2. Tuned charging process, to prevent overheat, especially during playback with a charger attached.
  3. A fix of Hiby Music: I've found out, that it was staring with the system boot, and never fully exited, actually. Now it starts by demand only, and fully exits by "Exit" button.
  4. USB Audio does not hide music player icons on selecting an active player anymore: with the fix of Hiby Music, and new UAPP version, there are no conflicts between them.
  5. A fix against "pops and cracks" when playing back from on-line services (Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music confirmed).
  6. Fix against hang on boot or reboot on some devices.
Note: No of my devices reproduce problems #5 and #6 in either way. I list them based on feedback from more than one tester for each problem.

To those who are running test builds: Please update with the release! Only one of you is running the release build (who made me the final test today).

Many thanks to all the users who was involved into troubleshooting and testing! I just couldn't reproduce all the possible cases myself!

Outstanding work, as always. Thanks so much!

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #12,731 of 22,021
I´m trying to figure out how to update the music database so the new data is showed on the Mango player on Android mode, but I don´t find the way. I switched to Mango mode and updated there the library, but once I return to Android mode the data on Mango player is not updated. I tried to disconnect and insert again the memory card, but the system does not detect any change and, thus, the message about scanning the card is not showed.

Any ideas?

You have to scan in the library on Android mode. Think of it as a separate OS to Mango mode. Make sure you swipe all the way right in the Mango app to find the DB scan in Android mode.

It's a little annoying and I do wish you could transfer your playlists between the two. I have to switch to Android mode at times because that's where I made them.

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #12,732 of 22,021
I'll test the AMP4S with the default firmware and then upgrade the firmware to the latest Lurker FW.

@parabellum777, Noticed you signature that lists your items. I've the Rhapsodio Solar Universal/ 64 Audio U12 ADEL MAM/ Heir Audio 10 & Ifi Micro iDSD Black Label. I had The Bit OPUS#1 and sold it some time ago. Heir Audio 10 is one well tuned IEM. One of my favorite. I'm thinking of getting the custom version.

How do you rate DX200 against AK380 black DAP+AMP combo/ Lotoo Paw Gold? Would love to hear your impressions whenever you get a chance. Thanks!!

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #12,733 of 22,021
You have to scan in the library on Android mode. Think of it as a separate OS to Mango mode. Make sure you swipe all the way right in the Mango app to find the DB scan in Android mode.

It's a little annoying and I do wish you could transfer your playlists between the two. I have to switch to Android mode at times because that's where I made them.
Thank you so much. Now I found it. I knew there was an option somewhere, because I did it when I inserted the memory card the first time, but I completely forgot how to do it. I appreciate your help.

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #12,734 of 22,021

Super-duper-easy-peasy. I was apprehensive at first too many moons ago but it really is worth it just to have the Play Store and tweaked Hiby player if so inclined to use.

Apr 14, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #12,735 of 22,021
I'll test the AMP4S with the default firmware and then upgrade the firmware to the latest Lurker FW.

@parabellum777, Noticed you signature that lists your items. I've the Rhapsodio Solar Universal/ 64 Audio U12 ADEL MAM/ Heir Audio 10 & Ifi Micro iDSD Black Label. I had The Bit OPUS#1 and sold it some time ago. Heir Audio 10 is one well tuned IEM. One of my favorite. I'm thinking of getting the custom version.

How do you rate DX200 against AK380 black DAP+AMP combo/ Lotoo Paw Gold? Would love to hear your impressions whenever you get a chance. Thanks!!

Well, I think they are just different DAPs since each of them provides different options and different user experience as well.
The Lotoo is a very simple DAP focused on playing stored music files. It is very powerful and the audio quality is excellent, since all the invested money is on audio components. There´s no touch screen, wifi, bluetooth, USB DAC...just turn on, play and enjoy. I miss to have the possibility to create more than 3 playlists, but I don´t miss the touch screen.
The AK380 has also an excellent audio quality, but in this case there are more options for those who care: some streaming services with no offline possibility, USB DAC function, touch screen, an amazing UI (the best I´ve ever seen), the possibility to add an AK380 AMP, OTA firmware updates,... If I have to have one, this will be my choice.
The DX200 is a big sized player with Android UI, so it has the possibility to install apps and take advantage of offline mode provided by streaming services, such as Tidal and Spotify. That´s why I decided to buy it. It is currently the best one with this capability if you are using IEMs (Hiby R6 is another option, but the output impedance is not good for IEMs). Besides, the Ibasso DX200 has interchangeable AMP modules which can be bought to suit each one´s preferences and jack connectors.

In my opinion they complement each other and they cover different audio requirements. If you need Spotify or Tidal offline mode, neither the AK or the Lotoo are for you. If you just need the best audio player for stored music and to have some streaming possibility, the AK380 is amazing. But if you just want to play your stored albums and navigate through folders, the Lotoo has been created for enjoying the music with no distractions.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back