1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848
850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859
Next

Last
  1. Victorfabius
    Lurker0, you rock! Firmware flashed and I can’t wait to hear. My hope is that the battery savings will translate to just enough to get me through a work day while streaming with Amp1. Just need between 30-60 minutes extra over the previous version. Now to wait for Amp4s to be delivered...

2. Lurker0
    Sorry, not more than 20 minutes compared to L0, with a fully charged fresh battery. But more than a hour compared to the official version, according to my tests. YMMV, as always...

kubig123 likes this.
  3. Victorfabius
    Oh, darn. I guess I'll have to learn to live with an extra 20 minutes of battery life, Google Play Store, access to the microSD when plugged into a PC, an improved for DX200 Hiby app, and external HD support (plus more!) instead. Yeah, you're awesome. Don't let anyone tell you different!

4. alan_g
    wish I could pluck up the courage to install the lurker firmware

5. Whitigir
    Easily reversible

6. Victorfabius
    I have a Mac, and it's easy and well worth the effort. No regrets. Lurker0 did a fantastic job with the previous gen firmware mod, has been doing this for years and has my respect for that effort. If you read the instructions first, ask about what you don't understand (paging Dr Google!), and then follow the steps, it works like a charm.

One happy user here, in case that wan't clear.

7. parabellum777
    I´m trying to figure out how to update the music database so the new data is showed on the Mango player on Android mode, but I don´t find the way. I switched to Mango mode and updated there the library, but once I return to Android mode the data on Mango player is not updated. I tried to disconnect and insert again the memory card, but the system does not detect any change and, thus, the message about scanning the card is not showed.

Any ideas?

8. jamato8 Contributor
    Use the Batch Tool and just do it. You can't brick the DX200 and the sound is excellent. Very analogue but with better dynamics than LP and wonderful imaging and layering! With AMP4 this easily takes the DX200 above anything I have, including the Chord Hugo. The sound is very natural and flowing. AMP3 sounds very open dynamic normally but everything opens up even more.

acap13, kubig123, McCol and 1 other person like this.
  9. KEV G
    That extra run time is extremely tempting :L3000:

10. bigsix
    Outstanding work, as always. Thanks so much!

11. ctaxxxx
    You have to scan in the library on Android mode. Think of it as a separate OS to Mango mode. Make sure you swipe all the way right in the Mango app to find the DB scan in Android mode.

It's a little annoying and I do wish you could transfer your playlists between the two. I have to switch to Android mode at times because that's where I made them.

parabellum777 likes this.
  12. linux4ever
    I'll test the AMP4S with the default firmware and then upgrade the firmware to the latest Lurker FW.

@parabellum777, Noticed you signature that lists your items. I've the Rhapsodio Solar Universal/ 64 Audio U12 ADEL MAM/ Heir Audio 10 & Ifi Micro iDSD Black Label. I had The Bit OPUS#1 and sold it some time ago. Heir Audio 10 is one well tuned IEM. One of my favorite. I'm thinking of getting the custom version.

How do you rate DX200 against AK380 black DAP+AMP combo/ Lotoo Paw Gold? Would love to hear your impressions whenever you get a chance. Thanks!!

13. parabellum777
    Thank you so much. Now I found it. I knew there was an option somewhere, because I did it when I inserted the memory card the first time, but I completely forgot how to do it. I appreciate your help.

14. Signal2Noise
    Super-duper-easy-peasy. I was apprehensive at first too many moons ago but it really is worth it just to have the Play Store and tweaked Hiby player if so inclined to use.

15. parabellum777
    Well, I think they are just different DAPs since each of them provides different options and different user experience as well.
    The Lotoo is a very simple DAP focused on playing stored music files. It is very powerful and the audio quality is excellent, since all the invested money is on audio components. There´s no touch screen, wifi, bluetooth, USB DAC...just turn on, play and enjoy. I miss to have the possibility to create more than 3 playlists, but I don´t miss the touch screen.
    The AK380 has also an excellent audio quality, but in this case there are more options for those who care: some streaming services with no offline possibility, USB DAC function, touch screen, an amazing UI (the best I´ve ever seen), the possibility to add an AK380 AMP, OTA firmware updates,... If I have to have one, this will be my choice.
    The DX200 is a big sized player with Android UI, so it has the possibility to install apps and take advantage of offline mode provided by streaming services, such as Tidal and Spotify. That´s why I decided to buy it. It is currently the best one with this capability if you are using IEMs (Hiby R6 is another option, but the output impedance is not good for IEMs). Besides, the Ibasso DX200 has interchangeable AMP modules which can be bought to suit each one´s preferences and jack connectors.

In my opinion they complement each other and they cover different audio requirements. If you need Spotify or Tidal offline mode, neither the AK or the Lotoo are for you. If you just need the best audio player for stored music and to have some streaming possibility, the AK380 is amazing. But if you just want to play your stored albums and navigate through folders, the Lotoo has been created for enjoying the music with no distractions.

Cheers.

First

Back
839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848
850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859
Next

Last