DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 28, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #9,691 of 22,021
Can't wait till AMPX :beyersmile:

Oct 28, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #9,692 of 22,021
Oct 29, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #9,694 of 22,021
Ok more and more of my listening with the DX200 is with my HE1K hesdphones . I only have the stock 4ft cable so I am considering an upgrade.
If I am going to get a new cable I am presuming I might as well get a cable that will enable me to use the Balanced output . Will the balanced output drive my HEKs better?

Oct 29, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #9,695 of 22,021
Ok more and more of my listening with the DX200 is with my HE1K hesdphones . I only have the stock 4ft cable so I am considering an upgrade.
If I am going to get a new cable I am presuming I might as well get a cable that will enable me to use the Balanced output . Will the balanced output drive my HEKs better?
You haven't listened to them balanced on the DX200? You are in for a treat. Very dynamic and open. I use the Whiplash Twau cable on mine.

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #9,696 of 22,021
You haven't listened to them balanced on the DX200? You are in for a treat. Very dynamic and open. I use the Whiplash Twau cable on mine.

I am in the UK so pretty limited options and don’t think I want to pay a lot for the cable as already over budget with the DX200 purchase

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #9,698 of 22,021
To anyone who is not biased towards anyone player and the new toy syndrome has worn away what are some pro's and con's of the DX200 vs. X7ii.

Can't really find con's of either, except for the battery life, if you require tens of hours of batter. Battery life is similar on both.

The signature, body shape and internal UI / Operation is different between X7mkii and DX200.

Do you have more specific questions? I will address this in the full-length review when I get to DX200 (X7mkii being planned later than DX200) :darthsmile:

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #9,699 of 22,021
Can't really find con's of either, except for the battery life, if you require tens of hours of batter. Battery life is similar on both.

The signature, body shape and internal UI / Operation is different between X7mkii and DX200.

Do you have more specific questions? I will address this in the full-length review when I get to DX200 (X7mkii being planned later than DX200) :darthsmile:
Thanks.
Just inquiring about sound sigs between the two and the UI. Is the DX200 worth the 250 dollar difference.

Oct 29, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #9,700 of 22,021
Thanks.
Just inquiring about sound sigs between the two and the UI. Is the DX200 worth the 250 dollar difference.
I got to use a X7II for a while and like it but the 2 players are in a different league, IMO. The DX200 is a step up in type of refined detail, stage size and general quality of sound presentation. The other 2 players that I consider to be in the same league as the DX200 are the WM1Z and the SP1000. The 3 players sound different but are all top contenders IMO.

Oct 29, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #9,701 of 22,021
Oct 29, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #9,702 of 22,021
Thanks.

If you're ready to spend that much on a DAP, I see the difference much smaller than it is :smile_phones:

I'll have a more in-depth answer in my full review, but until then, brother @twister6 's review should help a lot!

Different from Alex's input, I actually think that X7mkii has some U shape signature compared to DX200 + AMP1, but I haven't compared AMP3 with AM03A, and haven't compared the balanced outputs yet either, so my input is with AM03A vs AMP1, both on SE.

I got to use a X7II for a while and like it but the 2 players are in a different league, IMO. The DX200 is a step up in type of refined detail, stage size and general quality of sound presentation. The other 2 players that I consider to be in the same league as the DX200 are the WM1Z and the SP1000. The 3 players sound different but are all top contenders IMO.

I don't know, I hear that DX200 has more details in the midrange, and more enhanced textures, but wouldn's say X7mkii really falls behindn that much, I'd place DX200, X7mkii and Opus #2 in the same league, more or less :smile_phones:

DX200 does have that detail and clarity you talk about, and I agree, those are actually somehow more refined, but X7mkii is clearly above X5-3, which was already midrange, so I just mentally group all high end DAPs as High-End / TOTL for simplicity :beyersmile:

Oct 29, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #9,703 of 22,021
I don't know, I hear that DX200 has more details in the midrange, and more enhanced textures, but wouldn's say X7mkii really falls behindn that much, I'd place DX200, X7mkii and Opus #2 in the same league, more or less :smile_phones:

DX200 does have that detail and clarity you talk about, and I agree, those are actually somehow more refined, but X7mkii is clearly above X5-3, which was already midrange, so I just mentally group all high end DAPs as High-End / TOTL for simplicity :beyersmile:

I am using the AMP3, which is balanced so I compared balanced to balanced and did the same with the other 2 players I mentioned. To me, the difference is obvious but that doesn't mean I am right, it just means that to me, I hear something that pleases me more and is closer to what I hear in live music.

I have been listening to more binaural lately. Very enjoyable.

Oct 29, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #9,704 of 22,021
I am using the AMP3, which is balanced so I compared balanced to balanced and did the same with the other 2 players I mentioned. To me, the difference is obvious but that doesn't mean I am right, it just means that to me, I hear something that pleases me more and is closer to what I hear in live music.

I have been listening to more binaural lately. Very enjoyable.
]

Oh, I see!

I only went for comparing SE so far, since most of my devices are still SE and I didn't try to match their balanced abilities. With AMP3, DX200 gets a much more refined and detailed sound, so I understand why you're placing DX200 in higher category entirely :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back