DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 28, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #9,678 of 22,021
does the dap have song search function?

You can install other app like Neutron Music Player for this function. (bit perfect support as well)
Until now, The stock music app doesn't come with search function, unfortunately.

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #9,681 of 22,021
Alright. Don’t know if the AMP3 needs burn in, but I don’t have time to wait 100 hours. Lol my impressions, so far, with my A18, is as everyone with the amp have said. It’s a different flavor from AMP1... but I like this flavor more.

AMP1 has more sparkle... you can pick up on the treble, and the sound signature is definitely more analytical and reference. It’s a detail monster. If you have badly recorded music... you notice it more.

AMP3 has more feel to it. The treble is rolled off, and not as airy, but it seems to dig deeper in the bass. Not boomy type of dig, but it brings it out and presents it cleanly. I noticed a kick drum double pedal in a song that I’ve listened to for years and never heard. Vocals are sweeter... I fell in love with Celine Dion all over again... she can sing to me anytime...:heart_eyes:

Both do an excellent job of instrument spacing. AMP3 seems to present it in s more natural way. I felt more like I was at a live performance with AMP3. AMP1 is more like listening in a studio.

Great Job Ibasso... great job...

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #9,682 of 22,021
Alright. Don’t know if the AMP3 needs burn in, but I don’t have time to wait 100 hours. Lol...

Burn-in is overrated anyway. Listen to it from Day One as you are doing and grow old together.I found Amp3 to be impressive straight out of the box. It is a noticeable improvement over Amp1 in terms of presence and spaciousness.

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #9,683 of 22,021
Burn-in is overrated anyway. Listen to it from Day One as you are doing and grow old together.I found Amp3 to be impressive straight out of the box. It is a noticeable improvement over Amp1 in terms of presence and spaciousness.

It is absolutely overrated. The only player that I observe dramatically changes during burn in is Sony Walkman ..... anyways, Amp3 and Amp1 won’t change much over burn-in. Not noticeably so

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #9,684 of 22,021

Not every piece of audio gear has a noticeable burn in effect. When you burn in while listening, you are getting used to the sound as it changes (if any), often not even noticing the change. When you do standalone burn in, you take a mental note out of the box, and come back 4 days later to see if you hear any difference. Whatever works for you :wink:

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #9,685 of 22,021
AMP5! It will be here soon!

upload_2017-10-28_22-57-42.png

Oct 28, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #9,689 of 22,021
Feel being cheated with amp2.
Why? AMP2 is great sounding. They all, from what I have listened to, offer something a little different and to me, it is great getting this without having to buy a new dap. I have now heard all the top daps and am glad that the 200 is right there and frankly, better than most anything I have heard. I use AMP2, 3 and when I want a more reference sound, AMP1. Looking forward to 4 and to what 5 has to offer.

Oct 28, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #9,690 of 22,021
Can't wait to see what Amp6 brings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back