DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 26, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #9,661 of 22,021
Hello
How is the paring => DX200 + LCD I4??
I like the sound signature of LCD XC, but i know these headphone have a more treble than the lcd x or 4, so... lcd i4 sound much smooth or dark?

I was have se846 and i don't have a treble like shure again... ( quantity )

I like balanced (headphones/iem)

Neither, It has that shouty, aggressive sound. Not exactly mid forward, it just have that unusual peak centered at 1.5Khz and a steep drop below 2Khz until aabout 8Khz. It shares similar FR with the iSines and you might want to EQ it as well. It's not actually source sensitive but harder to drive than the iSines. DX200 should have no problem with it. Just that EQ is a must and works very well if you get the curve you like. Neutron and UAPP has very good PEQ and works well with the iSines/LCDi4.

Oct 26, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #9,662 of 22,021
Thank you for your response.
I think Amp1 has balanced out as well. Isn't that correct?
Which one do you prefer, AR M2 or DX200+Amp3?
yep, amp1 has balanced phone out as well, but having AMP3, when I want bal, I use it.
ARM2 vs dx200+amp3 not easy to say which one is better. I can say dx200 recovers the gap I heard in AMP1 single ended. I can say in this config there is no one is better than the other. It's a matter of sound signature. Burr brown dac and Sabre 9028 are different. Sabre has for sure better resolution but it does not finish here. This could be an advantage in many songs. For example "the river" live 2001 new york (great dsd64 record) sounds better with dx200+amp3 vs ARM2 since I feel it 3d and appreciate better the live atmosphere and Bruce harmonic reaches better level (small differences, but there are). Generally speaking in this comparison ARM2 always appear minus airy than dx200+amp3 and less depth. Despite of this, there is the percussions aspect where dx200+amp3 gets improvements vs dx200 in single ended amp1 but I'm not convinced at all if I compare it with ARM2 percussions reproduction that are simply....realistic.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #9,663 of 22,021
Neither, It has that shouty, aggressive sound. Not exactly mid forward, it just have that unusual peak centered at 1.5Khz and a steep drop below 2Khz until aabout 8Khz. It shares similar FR with the iSines and you might want to EQ it as well. It's not actually source sensitive but harder to drive than the iSines. DX200 should have no problem with it. Just that EQ is a must and works very well if you get the curve you like. Neutron and UAPP has very good PEQ and works well with the iSines/LCDi4.
Do you have the i4?
I see the graph of lcd i4 that peak centered at 1.5khz, is very unusual
I really don't like use EQ, for me at this price , it's a big no...

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #9,664 of 22,021
Do you have the i4?
I see the graph of lcd i4 that peak centered at 1.5khz, is very unusual
I really don't like use EQ, for me at this price , it's a big no...

I have the iSine 10/20 and have demoed the LCDi4 extensively. As long as you have a good EQ device, they can be rewarding instead of looking at it as negative. The draw of the iSine/LCDi4 is the experience of full-size open headphone at a very compact package.

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #9,665 of 22,021
I have purchased amp3 but I feel as if I am not getting the full effect because I still have not figured out how to update the firmware. It is the same firmware that first came with the DX200. I am convinced my unit is faulty.

You're convinced your unit is faulty based on your trying to run the original DX200 fw with a new amp3 module? You need to update the fw, bud. There is no other way around it.

1. Go to http://ibasso.com/down.php and download DX200FW2.5.141OTA.zip file.
2. Unzip it to extract DX200-2.5.141-ota.zip file (in sub-dir of the original archive file). You will also find readme.txt file in there with update instructions.
3. Follow the instructions in that readme.txt file:
a) Copy and paste the DX200-2.5.141-ota.zip to your SD card's root folder. (extraction is not needed, place zip file directly on the card).
b) Go to Android OS, press Settings-->About DX200-->System updates-->local update-->default and tap the zip file.
c) The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX200 after update is completed.

Enjoy your DX200 and AMP3.

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #9,666 of 22,021
80C2B9D5-63CA-48AF-8D6A-C0FE9AB520D7.jpeg
So this came in finally... :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #9,667 of 22,021
You're convinced your unit is faulty based on your trying to run the original DX200 fw with a new amp3 module? You need to update the fw, bud. There is no other way around it.

2. Unzip it to extract DX200-2.5.141-ota.zip file (in sub-dir of the original archive file). You will also find readme.txt file in there with update instructions.
3. Follow the instructions in that readme.txt file:
a) Copy and paste the DX200-2.5.141-ota.zip to your SD card's root folder. (extraction is not needed, place zip file directly on the card).
b) Go to Android OS, press Settings-->About DX200-->System updates-->local update-->default and tap the zip file.
c) The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX200 after update is completed.

Enjoy your DX200 and AMP3.

agree with Twister, i have problem with Amp3 until i upgraded to the latest firmware.

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #9,668 of 22,021
I was describing the AMP1 module, the one DX200 comes with by default because RE800 only has SE Jack and not Balanced :darthsmile:

It is hard to compare DX200 to Opus #2, especially because they are both really good.

Basically, opus #2 has a very organic and smooth midrange, and a little enhancement in the treble and the bass, while DX200 is more linear. The detail levels are similar, but presented differently, DX200 enhances muscaility and textures while Opus #2 leans more towards organic sound and a little leaner and smoother midrange. DX200 is electrifying and musical, while Opus is leaner, but also quite musical. Both are quite good.

DX200 comes with interchangeable modules, and I only described AMP1 above, I am still getting my full thoughjts on AMP3.

If you're using SE I would recommend trying out Amp2. I like it much more with my A12 CIEMS. It is more organic and has more body when compared with Amp1.

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #9,669 of 22,021
To use amp3 You need to update the fw, bud. There is no other way around it.

P3.

This is the part people get wrong.

Unzip the file,

Then you find another zip file inside.(Don't unzip).

This you load onto your dx200

(As Twister wrote is correct).

In my review there are also some
Instructions i think.

It took me a few tries to get the hang of it.

----/----/-----------

From
My review:

Updating the firmware

This is in the manual but it leaves out one piece of information.

First you have to unzip the file, inside is a Read me and also another zipped file.
That is the file you use for the updating.

IMG_7021.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #9,672 of 22,021
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 27, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #9,674 of 22,021
Anyone else getting a dropout when listening to Tidal?
Happens most times I listen now. It just stops playing and I have to skip to next track to get it playing again. I know some on here have suggested it could be an internet or router problem, but the AK300 did not do this and my main hifi system does not drop out either so I think its an issue specific to the 200

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #9,675 of 22,021
Anyone else getting a dropout when listening to Tidal?
Happens most times I listen now. It just stops playing and I have to skip to next track to get it playing again. I know some on here have suggested it could be an internet or router problem, but the AK300 did not do this and my main hifi system does not drop out either so I think its an issue specific to the 200
I usually have this happen when I'm having Internet problems. I have Comcast's 200 Megabit connection at home and it does this at peak times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back