DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #9,332 of 22,021
Still no news about the copper and titanium versions? I guess the Chinese holiday is over now.
Many, many will be interested in these i am sure:)

I would guess that they want to perfect the process and bring the best results possible to us!

Having an engineering degree, I know how much attention one must give when acquiring a new processing facility for a new material and how different materials need to be experimented with before promoising deadlines. I am eager to hear more as well, especially since I heard that both new versions will be really elegant and eye-candy!

A golden DAP would surely look nice next to the golden RE2000!

Thanks for the updates guys......dont hate on me :grinning:
I will keep reading but I guess I am not great with technology and yeah it scares me a little. Zip files, Batch tools , ROM updates.....hey to a novice this is a little off putting.
I love the fact that IBasso contribute on here though so I will keep reading. I think I am up to around July 2017 in the posts and there are a lot of unresolved issues it would appear.
Love the forum and the help though as believe me I think i would need a lot of guidance at first.

Don't worry!

Most of the older issues have been solved later on though, I mean, right now DX200 is one of the most stable DAPs I have ever thouched, by a good margin. For updating the firmware, it should be a pretty simple and automatical process providing you only need to update it and you have a wifi connection, and I haven't noticed any kind of issues with mine, it just works :dt880smile:

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #9,333 of 22,021
I will keep reading but I guess I am not great with technology and yeah it scares me a little. Zip files, Batch tools , ROM updates.....hey to a novice this is a little off putting.
I love the fact that IBasso contribute on here though so I will keep reading. I think I am up to around July 2017 in the posts and there are a lot of unresolved issues it would appear.
Love the forum and the help though as believe me I think i would need a lot of guidance at first.

The link above for Tidal has no zip....zap...whatever...you download it like you would download a music track. You drag and drop it into you microSD location. Then you browse to it by using DX200 File Explorer app installed on your Dx200 just like you would open a Game, then browse into the Location that you dropped the APK file to it, you then click on install it.....can’t get much simpler than that.

I remember the first time I learned MS-DOS, and it was a much shittier tool

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #9,334 of 22,021

When you get to Page 500, you can just skip it all together, we were talking about the End of the World in there, but later cleared up that issue by page 502 :p

Just keep in mind, old pages have old news :wink:

Oct 10, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #9,342 of 22,021
I just notice that ibasso DX200 never said about power output (mW @ 16,32,300 ohm) like other brands. I think this is a much more concrete information to objectively define if the headphone can be fully driven or not.

Vrms can only reflect just one side. Current is also taking a huge role.

Oct 10, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #9,343 of 22,021
I don't see how the DX200 wouldn't be able to drive the LCD i4...

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #9,345 of 22,021
You guys have been very helpful and I have a feeling that I will commit soon, as long as you accept that you are culpable :dt880smile:

For me it is all about offline Tidal. 7 months ago I never used it, then I bought the AK300 and it has totally changed how I listen to and buy music. Then about 2 months ago my home system was able to use Tidal to through my Devialet/Melco system, using the Kazoo app. Now Tidal is more or less all I use. I have gone from buying say 10 albums per month to maybe 1 or 2, and to be honest I can see that stopping all together.

The AK just worked out of the box. Plugged it in to my PC and copied some of my music across. Tidal worked a treat. No having to download the app as it is incorporated in the DAP. Now of course I want offline Tidal for holidays etc.

Just to add I am not stupid, honest :ksc75smile: I run my own business quite successfully , but I just want to listen to music I don’t want to have to be continually messing about with updates for this and updates for that.

I have read earlier that after firmware updates you can lose the offline Tidal content as it is not on a proper operating system?

There are recommendations to download a guys software as thus will include google play store, which I gather is a must? Without this I cant get Tidal ?

The post above makes me think I do not have to do that.

My requirements are simple. I will put about 20 of my 24 bit albums on the 200, and I want to store Tidal offline content. I am assuming for now I will not need extra memory to do this? I can get an additional SD card later when my offline tidal content grows. Or can I only store the Tidal content to an SD card?

After reading your posts it looks like I do not need to install all of these batch tools, zip files etc. Although I said I wasn’t an idiot I have never used Android devices as I guess I am an Apple man. It appears that I can just copy the tidal link to my lap top and then drag it across to the DX200, as I would music. ?

If this is true even I can do that :laughing:

Close to going for this and I can recoup some of the cash with the sale of my AK300 and Sony MW15 on these trade pages. I have only used them to buy but it all looks ok to me.

Sorry for the long post , but thought it was worth an explanation as you guys have tried to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back