DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 10, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #9,346 of 22,019
There are 2 ways

1. Using Official Rom and load apk which you can google "Tidal apk download". Download the latest version and Copy that apk file into sd card. Then in DX200, you click File manager and click to install it. (don't forget to click "allow third party app installation" in setting)

2. Follow Lurker0 Rom instruction here https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-firmware/releases
This way, you can download any apps from google playstore (same like appstore in iOS). You can also click update the app when it comes easily.
Again this way, you need to learn to flash rom by another method called Factory Tools where you can find more details in the website.

Feel free to ask.

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #9,348 of 22,019
There are 2 ways

1. Using Official Rom and load apk which you can google "Tidal apk download". Download the latest version and Copy that apk file into sd card. Then in DX200, you click File manager and click to install it. (don't forget to click "allow third party app installation" in setting)

2. Follow Lurker0 Rom instruction here https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-firmware/releases
This way, you can download any apps from google playstore (same like appstore in iOS). You can also click update the app when it comes easily.
Again this way, you need to learn to flash rom by another method called Factory Tools where you can find more details in the website.

Feel free to ask.

Great post thanks. I will look for a little more help if I order or should I say when :blush:
It is interesting that you are a DX200 advocate as I seem to recall you are one of the users who had a lot of issues

Oct 10, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #9,349 of 22,019
I swear to god that if another HW issue appears to me in DX200. No more sugar for next gen of any of their products.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #9,350 of 22,019
Order placed.
I will have to get a balanced cable for my Lyra 2 in time ......oh and of course AMP3 :grinning:
Thanks for your help guys, very much appreciated......and dont go away :grin:

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #9,351 of 22,019
The AMP2/3 are definitely considered "good" amps

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #9,352 of 22,019
Guys as I said in a previous post, I think AMP2 is not enough to drive my Elear, do you think that the AMP3 with a balanced cable can solve the situation?

The AMP2 is pushing my HD650's, my LCD2's, and my friends HD800's fantastically. I seriously cannot fathom why it wouldn't push the Elear and the LCD i4's more than sufficiently. I can't imagine you're the only guy on here with the Elear...maybe the i4's...but not the Elears.

Oct 10, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #9,355 of 22,019
Well my DX200 will be with me in the next few days and as I am a novice at all of this I am doing my preparation for its arrival

I assume that the newest firmware will be installed.

I am assuming that I will just copy a few of my albums across to the 200 as I do with my AK300.

Like I said my use is simple, I don’t require any equalisers or other tools. But tidal is a must and is the reason I have nought the 200.

I have downloaded the instructions off the IBasso website and it looks very straightforward.

Application (APP) Installation:

① Press the internet browser on the desktop.

② Enter the website address of the APP.

③ Find the download icon on the website and start the download.

④ Return to the desktop and open the download manager.

⑤ Press the downloaded app and install it.

I assume the DAP has an internet browser icon?

If it is this simple I don’t get all of the stuff on these pages about zip files, batch tools ….Rom updates and all the rest of it.

Is there a video to watch showing the above or is that wishful thinking

ALL GOOD NEWS THOUGH OR HAVE I SIMPLY GOT IT WRONG :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #9,356 of 22,019
Well my DX200 will be with me in the next few days and as I am a novice at all of this I am doing my preparation for its arrival

I assume that the newest firmware will be installed.

I am assuming that I will just copy a few of my albums across to the 200 as I do with my AK300.

Like I said my use is simple, I don’t require any equalisers or other tools. But tidal is a must and is the reason I have nought the 200.

I have downloaded the instructions off the IBasso website and it looks very straightforward.

Application (APP) Installation:

① Press the internet browser on the desktop.

② Enter the website address of the APP.

③ Find the download icon on the website and start the download.

④ Return to the desktop and open the download manager.

⑤ Press the downloaded app and install it.

I assume the DAP has an internet browser icon?

If it is this simple I don’t get all of the stuff on these pages about zip files, batch tools ….Rom updates and all the rest of it.

Is there a video to watch showing the above or is that wishful thinking

ALL GOOD NEWS THOUGH OR HAVE I SIMPLY GOT IT WRONG :beyersmile:
Just relax and have a glass of water:)
We will be here to help you with any questions you may have.
Enjoy your new music player.

Oct 10, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #9,357 of 22,019
I use Mango exclusively.
I don't doubt that Android (and the firmware offered by @Lurker0 and others) have great things to offer too, but basically I'm lazy and also I rather enjoy seeing how far iBasso can keep improving it themselves :)

I think this will be me too :smile:

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #9,358 of 22,019
The AMP2 is pushing my HD650's, my LCD2's, and my friends HD800's fantastically. I seriously cannot fathom why it wouldn't push the Elear and the LCD i4's more than sufficiently. I can't imagine you're the only guy on here with the Elear...maybe the i4's...but not the Elears.

I have the same experience Dx200 with Amp3 combine Hd800s ,I spouse almost 80% drive it .
Last week i used Aune x7s desktop amp ,so all know fully drive it ,when compared both ,could say Aune x7s equal in the normal output ,while using XLR output Hd800s(300 ohms) fully drive ,XLR Aune wins.
Finally prefer Dx200 with Amp3 (portable and SQ fantastic) i don't need external amp .
If somebody listening louder volume for headphone over maybe need to add Desktop Amp .:)

Regards Mori

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #9,359 of 22,019
I understand, but sending the DX200 to an address in the Netherlands, and letting them handle the rest would be a lot cheaper for me then shipping it to China I would think.
Well, I have very simmilar problem. Analyzing the legal circumstances I decided to point to the Ibasso's distributor first. Not doing this I may lose the customer rights in terms of the Country legal system. And on the other hand - why should I pay for the shipping to China?
Knowing that there is /was such a problem the best sollution would be from the customer point of view to organize the service action within the distributors/sellers, regarding to the screen issue.

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #9,360 of 22,019
Well, I have very simmilar problem. Analyzing the legal circumstances I decided to point to the Ibasso's distributor first. Not doing this I may lose the customer rights in terms of the Country legal system. And on the other hand - why should I pay for the shipping to China?
Knowing that there is /was such a problem the best sollution would be from the customer point of view to organize the service action within the distributors/sellers, regarding to the screen issue.

Paul probably wanted to make the process faster and easier, of course your original seller has to solve the issue as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back