1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624
626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635
Next

Last
  1. Cagin
    Greetings,

I plan to go through all 600 of these pages, I hadn’t tested the DX200 at Canjam London as I'm perfectly happy with my WM1A and I tend to ignore daps with sub 10h battery.

But there's one thing I can't do and that’s is using the Sony as a dac/amp on my pc, or use the player to stream youtube or even play the youtube vids I've downloaded, be it in mp4 vid or audio only. I like to sleep off to some playlists which the Plenue D or DP-X1 allowed.

So I had bought an iFi Micro DSD Black Label. Works great with my Zeus ciems, 0 hiss, great sound. With my LCD-i4 though, not so much. Regardless of the settings, I dislike its sound signature and it gets fatiguing within 5 minutes.

This leads me to thinking of selling the LCD-i4 and the Micro DSD BL, but not before I got a plan for a replacement for my PC's dac/amp. The DX200 is an option I'm starting to think about seriously.

Plan would be to use the DX200 on my pc or sleep, then using WM1A for portable day cary, work commuting.

I've got a few questions which I hope some of you might be able to answer, though like I said I plan to go through all the pages of this thread overtime.

1. 1st page of this thread says AMP4 is available, but I couldn't find it on the iBasso site, nor amazon or anywhere in fact. Only found these from the Shenzhen show: https://twitter.com/orcinus_/status/891571410287472640 and here at the bottom of the page http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5249476021
    2. Is it possible to buy the DX200 with AMP4 as bundle and from where? 4.4mm TRRRS is perfect for me, wouldn't need to switch out cables from my dap <-> pc. Would be no more use for a 3.5mm cable/jack
    3. What's the rough estimate of the battery with AMP4, say on flac, normal iem? 8h?
    4. Anyone try an Empire Zeus/r with AMP1 or 2, does it hiss?
    I'm guessing the AMP4 isn't out yet, as I imagine Twister6 or Whitigir would've been over 'em already.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. headfi19
    please someone can advise me the real market value(the best price we can pay) of DX 200? thanks

3. icefalkon
    Go to www.ibasso.com and order it directly from them.

4. TheUbiquitous
    It's been too long since the last news Paul, give us something to talk about! :ksc75smile:

Glasha likes this.
  5. Whitigir
    Wholeheartedly agree :)

Glasha likes this.
  6. Paul - iBasso
    As many know we have the AMP4 4.4 TRRRS coming out very soon. The specifications are basically the same as the AMP3 but the sound is a little different. The AMP5, which is a single ended amp with plenty of power. Both very soon. We were off for 1 week and are now back at it.

The DX200 ti is being worked on. Because of the hardness and time to do each case, production is slower than the CNC aluminum of the standard case. Also the cost of the titanium is much more expensive.

And very soon the IT01 IEM.

IT01 Specifications

Dynamic 10.0mm driver X1 per monitor
    Freq. response: 10Hz-42kHz
    Sensitivity: 108+/-2dB
    Impedance: 16 Ohm
    Noise Attenuation: -26dB
    Rated power: 10mW
    T.H.D. <1% (at 1kHz/1mW)
    Plug size: 3.5 TRS gold plated
    Stock cable length: 1.2m
    Connection: MMCX
    Weight: 8.0g without cable

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  7. musicday
    When you are ready please let us know when will be available and price for both copper and titanium models, and IT04 IEM Paul. Many thanks.

Glasha likes this.
  8. gonzfi
    I now have a lovely AMP3 attached to my DX200 and it's brilliant. Thanks for all the reviews and impressions. Money well spent. But... please could someone point me in the right direction of a cable or adaptor so I can use the line out to my Naim Muso. Previously I used a standard line out cable to great effect and I want to be careful I don't blow it up.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  9. DarginMahkum
    Did any of you try DX200 with Sony Z1R? I saw some criticisms about Z1R but I am looking for something that I can enjoy the music rather than doing micro analysis of what I hear. Can Dx200 properly drive it?

Cheers

10. jerick70
    You won't be able to connect with the TRS analogue input on your Muso with the AMP3. But you most likely can connect to the optical connection. You would just need an optical cable. There's already an adapter that comes with the DX200. You may even be able to connect via the Muso's USB input.

11. mrmoto050
    I have the MDRZ7's and it drives them just fine with the AM1,AMP2,AMP3

Dobrescu George and DarginMahkum like this.
  12. Womaz
    Well my DX200 arrives tomorrow and I am all prepared :ksc75smile:
    I was considering buying a balanced cable for my Lyra 2s to take advantage of the balanced output. A lot of other threads on this forum not entirely convinced balanced is always better.
    Can anyone offer their opinion on whether it is worth it. I will only have AMP1 as a new purchase. I am keen to hear others views

Dobrescu George likes this.
  13. jamato8 Contributor
    I only use balanced now. A little better dynamics, headroom and bass response. I will be curious to see what AMP5, which is singled ended, will be like.

Glasha and Dobrescu George like this.
  14. DarginMahkum
    Cool. One more option added to the list. :)

15. Dobrescu George
    Balanced is really good if you're going with AMP3. With AMP1, it provides a little smoother top end, a little better dynamics and a little more impact, but I don't know how large those differences are. Well, it is something you can do and it doesn't cost a fortune and might improve your experience

I am also quite excited for AMP5. I wonder what the battery life will be like with more power :smile_phones:

So far, I am pretty much happy with the battery life with both AMP1 and AMP3!

Glasha likes this.
First

Back
615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624
626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635
Next

Last