DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 9, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #9,316 of 22,021
OK this music hobby can really take all my normal good financial sense away from me .:grin:
Thanks for all of the previous posts on here. I am now just considering taking the plunge and ordering the DX200, despite not really needing the feature I am wanting it for till June next year. I have the AK300 which has totally changed my music listening habits. After trying out streaming services in the past I am now doing 95% of my listening through Tidal, even on my home Hifi set up too.
So now I NEED a DAP that does Tidal offline, The AK300 will be sold.
I am at present reading through this thread and I am at page 350 :astonished: so a fair way to go, but god it just makes me want to take the plunge now.
A few little questions I have though as still a few things unclear.
1 There is talk of a google play app in a firmware update i seem to recall. This I presume has not been done yet? So is it still a case of all the loading of apk files etc. The DAP I think will be used exclusively with Tidal and I may not even download any of my music on to it.
2 Does Tidal playback have the same quality as the normal DAP playback? There are a few threads on here which confuse me slightly.
3 I have the CA Lyra 2 , will these be a good match for the IBasso?
4 Would it be worth me getting the Balanced cable from Campfire to use this output ? If so are there other cable makers here in UK who coukd do a better job ?
5 The AK 300 is 7 months old and in good condition, but it has been used quite a lot. I will use this forum to sell it I think , how much will I lose on this deal, just a guide would be useful
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Also it looks like that here in the UK it is only Amazon and AMP3 who stock it so not much chance of getting a deal here.

So here I am 7 months after spending for me what is a lot of money on my endgame:laughing: portable set up........well I am looking again.

I have been listening exlusively to Tidal for the last 3 days with my DX200 both online (5G wireless) and offline HiFi downloads and I must say it has been exceptional. For example I have had Tidal for a couple years and hadn't used it much, but now with the DX200 excellent.

Oct 9, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #9,317 of 22,021
You can contact me at paul@ibasso.com and we can get this fixed for you with a screen replacement.

Regarding the touchscreen problem I mentioned:

Thanks Paul, but I prefer handling this through the dutch dealer I bought the DX200 from. It's still in warranty so I expect them to handle this.

Kind regards,
Herman

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #9,318 of 22,021
Regarding the touchscreen problem I mentioned:

Thanks Paul, but I prefer handling this through the dutch dealer I bought the DX200 from. It's still in warranty so I expect them to handle this.

Kind regards,
Herman
l would work directly with Paul @ iBasso. They are really quick turnaround, and you can be sure the replacement won't have the same problem.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #9,320 of 22,021
So... Soon I might be in the market for over-ear open headphones. Utopia is out of my budget. I was thinking of a second hand HE1K v1, but I am not sure if DX200 can properly drive it. What are your experiences with Dx200+HE1K combo? Or any other recommendation? I mostly listen to acoustic music ranging from 70's Shakti like music, to solo piano, to heavy jazz fusion (for example Mahavishnu Orchestra). I also like to listen to bass player centered music, and I was happy with my TH900 in the past, but I wanted to have something a bit flatter on the highs.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #9,321 of 22,021
So... Soon I might be in the market for over-ear open headphones. Utopia is out of my budget. I was thinking of a second hand HE1K v1, but I am not sure if DX200 can properly drive it. What are your experiences with Dx200+HE1K combo? Or any other recommendation? I mostly listen to acoustic music ranging from 70's Shakti like music, to solo piano, to heavy jazz fusion (for example Mahavishnu Orchestra). I also like to listen to bass player centered music, and I was happy with my TH900 in the past, but I wanted to have something a bit flatter on the highs.
I'm using Oppo PM3's with Surfside Balanced Cables (Closed option), and Oppo PM2's with Surfside Balanced Cables (Open option) love the sound/synergy with DX200. jmo. I listen to Mahavisunu also and Return to Forever as well as a lot of Progressive (King Crimson,Yes, Moody Blues)

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #9,322 of 22,021

I vaguely remember that there is a high power AMP module in the making, but I have not heard HEK to say how easy it is to drive...

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #9,323 of 22,021
I vaguely remember that there is a high power AMP module in the making, but I have not heard HEK to say how easy it is to drive...
Isn't that what AMP2 is for? It powers my LCD2's/HD600's quite well, although it is not a balanced output, SE only.

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #9,324 of 22,021
I run my DX200 with the amp on my iFi iDSD Micro BL for these type of situations. Of course this is for portable use. For desktop use at home I use a Woo WA5. The AMP2 may work for your needs. I've not used the HE1K with the DX200 though. I do have some HE6s and they aren't driven to their potential with the DX200 with AMP1 or AMP3.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #9,325 of 22,021
I am strongly against the lack of headphone output, but it's a work mandated phone, so I don't get a choice. One thing though is that since I started using iBasso DAPs, I never use my phone as a music source anymore, the only time I plug in headphones is to hear a Facebook or Youtube video at the gym. This is especially true now that the DX200 is Android and I can get my Pandora and other streaming sources on it.

Would never buy a phone without HP Jack. jm2c.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #9,326 of 22,021
I posted earlier saying i was tempted to just go for the DX200. Now on page 481 of this thread and it appears a lot of issues have not been sorted.
Ghost screen wipe for example.
Also as primarily will be used with Tidal i would have to install a lot of stuff I dont understand. Did not think it would be this complex.....ok for me it is I am not really up on technology etc.
It is looking like a lot of initial effort to just get the Tidal offline facility. It would appear that the sound quality will be better than my AK300 i guess but this is not the main reason i am looking to change.
Not as enthusiastic as I was .....but I will keep reading :L3000:

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #9,327 of 22,021
I posted earlier saying i was tempted to just go for the DX200. Now on page 481 of this thread and it appears a lot of issues have not been sorted.
Also as primarily will be used with Tidal i would have to install a lot of stuff I dont understand. Did not think it would be this complex.....ok for me it is I am not really up on technology etc.
It is looking like a lot of initial effort to just get the Tidal offline facility. It would appear that the sound quality will be better than my AK300 i guess but this is not the main reason i am looking to change.

Who said that ? Ghosting screen was the original issue and solved with later batches of productions. My dx200 has no issues.

Tidal ? Easy, just download Tidal APK, and install it

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #9,328 of 22,021
The screen was only on some of the 1st batch. I have one of the 1st and have no issue and I don't have any issues with the software and use the DX200 every day along with the WM1Z just to change off. Neither give me any issue except you can do more with the DX200 and the sound of both are different but both top of the line.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #9,329 of 22,021

Who said that ? Ghosting screen was the original issue and solved with later batches of productions. My dx200 has no issues.

Tidal ? Easy, just download Tidal APK, and install it

My understanding is also that ghost swiping has been solved

As for installing Tidal, we can provide the file, you just download it, copy on the mSD file, then go with folder browser, select it and it should install without issues XD

From there, it should be the old Tidal you are used to :darthsmile:

Here is the simplest link to download it, it will download an APK file that is like an install file for windows

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tidal...y-music-streaming-2-0-2-android-apk-download/

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #9,330 of 22,021
Thanks for the updates guys......dont hate on me :grinning:
I will keep reading but I guess I am not great with technology and yeah it scares me a little. Zip files, Batch tools , ROM updates.....hey to a novice this is a little off putting.
I love the fact that IBasso contribute on here though so I will keep reading. I think I am up to around July 2017 in the posts and there are a lot of unresolved issues it would appear.
Love the forum and the help though as believe me I think i would need a lot of guidance at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back