DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 17, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #7,051 of 22,021
Saw in another thread that the DX200 sounds worse than an iPod. More like just talk to see what kind of response they could get. And it is pure silly to suggest such a thing since the 200 is way above that in SQ. Also many still do not understand the use of two dacs vs one in separation, power supply benefits to each chip and general dual design. I would say to just listen to the music and enjoy the sound and for me, compared to some other very good daps and dacs, the 200 continues to do great, especially with the latest FW.

Right on the money, Amy :wink: After this weekend's announcement of X7ii, I also received quite a number of questions asking about the use of one vs two es9028pros. People are too quick to argue about the sound based on the spec rather than actual listening experience. So, just enjoy the music and find what sounds and pairs up better with your favorite headphones. And, yes indeed, the latest fw update sounds fantastic, and I'm still on amp2, enjoying it a lot!

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #7,052 of 22,021
Right on the money, Amy :wink: After this weekend's announcement of X7ii, I also received quite a number of questions asking about the use of one vs two es9028pros. People are too quick to argue about the sound based on the spec rather than actual listening experience. So, just enjoy the music and find what sounds and pairs up better with your favorite headphones. And, yes indeed, the latest fw update sounds fantastic, and I'm still on amp2, enjoying it a lot!
Totally agreed with you. FiiO X7ii firmware will never bring as same sound as iBasso DX200 firmware. Why? Because among iBasso DX200 firmwares, they do different. lol. and they use different AMP modules as well.

Jul 17, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #7,053 of 22,021
I had a brief listen with the fostex on my DX200 on Saturday at CanJam just after the HD800s,Utopia and the Elears all through the amps they were partnered with. I found the Fostex pretty amazing, personally I would take the Fostex over the HD800s. I would prefer the Utopia, but given they are £2000 more, I'd buy the Fostex. I'm pretty new to all these high end toys so not really the best person to describe in detail how I found the sound. If you can find somewhere you can try them, definitely give them a try. They are on my list now for sure, sorry I couldn't be more helpful and I hope you get to try them, good luck
Thanks you
Someone want to give his opinion too?
i am very interested on this headphone but i can't test

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #7,055 of 22,021
Someone have the Fostex th900 MK2? how is the pairing with the Dx200?

I own a pair of Fostex TH900 MK2s. I've listened a little on the DX200 with them. I use the DX200 more for portable use with my IEMs though. I prefer the TH900s with an external amp. I've used the Fostex HP-V1 and the ALO CDM with the DX200 as a source. Both of these amps are superb with the TH900. The CDM being more refined. I haven't listened to the TH900s since iBasso changed the sound signature on the DX200. They may be a bit better together now with the change. I find the TH900 needs a lot of power to really shine so take that for what you want. They are not a bad pairing just not optimal in my listening with more powerful amps.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #7,056 of 22,021
I have a burn in question. What volume are people leaving the DX200 for the 200hr burn in? Does volume make a difference in the amount of time required?

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #7,057 of 22,021
Burn in for dx200 It's very simple.sound smooth ,and The device body does not heat up.about 200 hours It will take time.about volume I did not feel much difference to my ear.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #7,058 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso

What are the price range and release date of the SR1 (and PG1)?

Of course only if you are already allowed to tell us. :beyersmile:

I'm wondering if they will be in the HD 6x0, HD 700, LCD-2, HD 800, LCD-X, LCD-4 or Utopia league (price- and performance-wise).

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #7,059 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso

What are the price range and release date of the SR1 (and PG1)?

Of course only if you are already allowed to tell us. :beyersmile:

I'm wondering if they will be in the HD 6x0, HD 700, LCD-2, HD 800, LCD-X, LCD-4 or Utopia league (price- and performance-wise).

Me too, I want more info about these full size iBasso cans :D

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #7,060 of 22,021

Really easy test, the difference is definitely noticeable: without decent speakers or good headphones (otherwise it's pretty pointless) and good and average audio cables.

changing average aux/lineout cables (mediabridge) to good aux/lineout cables (dragon cables from moon audio) makes the sound cleaner and crisper.
changing audio source from iphone to dx200 separates the bass and vocal (separates the foreground and background).

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #7,061 of 22,021
The DX200 is quickly becoming my daily DAP-in-my-satchel especially after their recent 2.3.125 F/W version. Aside from the DX200 being lighter than my Sony NW-WM1Z, it's lineout capability also makes it easier for me to use it as a source for testing other amps at the shows. It's somewhat more neutral than the NW-WM1Z so having it as a reference/ear palate cleansing baseline is great when comparing against other DAPs/components.

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #7,062 of 22,021
The DX200 is quickly becoming my daily DAP-in-my-satchel especially after their recent 2.3.125 F/W version. Aside from the DX200 being lighter than my Sony NW-WM1Z, it's lineout capability also makes it easier for me to use it as a source for testing other amps at the shows. It's somewhat more neutral than the NW-WM1Z so having it as a reference/ear palate cleansing baseline is great when comparing against other DAPs/components.

Are you using it with amp1 or amp2, just curious?

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #7,064 of 22,021
AMP1, don't have AMP2.

I kind of figured, probably amp1 after you mentioned "more neutral", since amp2 adds more body to the sound, but you do loose balanced output (if you need higher output power). Perhaps a good idea to wait what amp3 and amp4 going to bring to the table in terms of sound coloring/tonality, before making a decision about which way to upgrade :wink:

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #7,065 of 22,021
I kind of figured, probably amp1 after you mentioned "more neutral", since amp2 adds more body to the sound, but you do loose balanced output (if you need higher output power). Perhaps a good idea to wait what amp3 and amp4 going to bring to the table in terms of sound coloring/tonality, before making a decision about which way to upgrade :wink:
Now that's curious about your comment about the Amp2. Do you have the NW-WM1Z? If so, how does the NW-WM1Z compare to the AMP2 - tonally speaking??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back