DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 27, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #3,286 of 22,021

I am getting around 8 hours but normally I don't run the battery all the way down. The more cycles the shorter the life of the battery of any battery. I play it for how ever long I want to use it but if I am done I recharge it. I have a Anker battery pack that isn't all that large that has 20,100mA of storage so when I go somewhere for long, I have that if I need to charge. If walking around I normally do that for a couple of hours and the battery life is fine. I have the Sony WM1A and it has a fantastic battery life but I never need all of it but nice it is there. The sound quality is good but now that the DX200 has pretty well burned in, the DX200 is better in all areas. It has better timbre, soundstage and dynamics. I am even preferring the DX200 over my well used and very much liked Hugo, which surprises me as I figured no DAP would outdo it. This is in balanced mode. 

I have not done a proper test yet but for sure DX200 has the Hugo beat when I tried the HD800. When I played Daft Punk's Get Lucky, DX200 had no problem nor hint of buckling down and it clearly can handle HD800 with enough headroom to spare. On Hugo I can only listen at moderate volume as it starts to sound harsh if I push the volume all the way up.

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #3,287 of 22,021
  Crossed the 100h mark, very noticeable change is soundstage and imaging (I had a ahah moment where I was confused if the sound came from outside or in the music and that's with the Vega), the DX200 is so addictive! I am not sure it can get better but we'll see. I'd also say timbre is spot on and layering is getting better and better.

iBasso has struck a balance of incredible detail (low level detail is pretty amazing) with a smooth sound signature 

This is my overall impression so far. The sound stage, imaging and details especially in the low end so so addicting. I have filter #5 (slow roll, min phase) and DX200 can't seem to sound harsh even with very complicated/busy passage of a song or a not so good mastered/recorded song. With a very comfortable iem like T8ieMKII  I feel like I can listen all day at a moderate volume level without feeling fatigue.

I'm just thankful that iBasso brings most of what DX100 can do SQ-wise and fixed the most annoying issues in software with the beautiful and more pocketable body. I have been wanting to get another DX100/R10 after my R10 broke. But I can hardly see anyone selling the older iBasso player. Until now that DX200 is available, I can see a couple of DX100 turning up on my local classified forum. lol

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #3,289 of 22,021
Mine just got about 60 hours burn in, at this point I am pretty sure that I like DX200 way more than Mojo. I have never spend more than $1000 on a DAP or DAC/AMP so Chord Mojo is becoming my standard for a good sounding portable audio gear. But now things have change, I have found a better one and its way more simple, I don't need to stack it up, just one device and I can get all of my needs, I couldn't be more happier right now in this hobby:sunglasses:

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #3,290 of 22,021
Mine just got about 60 hours burn in, at this point I am pretty sure that I like DX200 way more than Mojo. I have never spend more than $1000 on a DAP or DAC/AMP so Chord Mojo is becoming my standard for a good sounding portable audio gear. But now things have change, I have found a better one and its way more simple, I don't need to stack it up, just one device and I can get all of my needs, I couldn't be more happier right now in this hobby:sunglasses:

Good for you, already sold my Mojo. LPG and DX200 will make I sure I won't miss it. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #3,292 of 22,021
I have not done a proper test yet but for sure DX200 has the Hugo beat when I tried the HD800. When I played Daft Punk's Get Lucky, DX200 had no problem nor hint of buckling down and it clearly can handle HD800 with enough headroom to spare. On Hugo I can only listen at moderate volume as it starts to sound harsh if I push the volume all the way up.
Here you go use Hugos crossfeed. No way the 200 beats Hugo.

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #3,295 of 22,021
A few quick test notes:
-----------------------------

- Gapless works great.

- Handles DSD256 with ease (playing iFi QuadDSD sampler).

- Testing dx200 with Vega.  Unlike other DAPs, here I didn't have to switch to high gain.  But in comparison to LPG in high gain, Vega's bass is a little more under control with LPG while with DX200 the mid-bass punch is a bit more aggressive, but not exactly night'n'day difference.

- Quick comparison between DX200 and Opus#2, very similar resolution and retrieval of details, but #2 is a little smoother, especially in upper mids/treble.  I hear DX200 sound a little crisper, with more sparkle and airiness.  Tested each from 2.5mm balanced, both have a wide soundstage but dx200 reaches a little wider.  DX200 soundstage expansion is very impressive.

- Tested wireless connection with B&W P7W, works in open space up to 60ft away from DX200.  I was able to control volume up/down, and skip tracks forward/back (double/triple click), but surprisingly can't Play/Pause with a single click.  Also tried with LG HB730 bluetooth headset - rather limited volume range, too sensitive, and also track skip works but not Play/Pause.  BT/wireless works but play/pause control needs to be fixed.

- Some quick test notes with full size cans (all 3.5mm output):

* Oppo PM3 (planar) - in low gain (97/150) - clear smooth detailed, wide staging, with many daps PM3 can get veiled - here the clarity surprisingly good,

* ATH-R70x (open back, 470 ohm) - in low gain (123/150) - smooth natural detailed, a little on a warmer side but very clear, didn't even have to switch to high gain.

* Beyer T5p 2nd gen w/Alpha pads (tesla driver) - in low gain (96/150) - clear smooth detailed, a little smoother and more organic in comparison to other daps, and still with plenty of headroom in low gain.

* Audeze EL8C (planar) - in low gain (108/150) - clear detailed punchy, not even a hint of metallic harshness like I hear with many other daps, but soundstage not as wide.

Overall, with the cans above I noticed a common trend with sound being smoother, more organic and natural in comparison to other DAPs like LPG and Opus#2.

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #3,296 of 22,021
I know we've seen plenty of unboxing photos though not sure if this video has been posted.

it will give people an idea on the effort gone into DX200 packaging. 

Was uploaded about 7-days ago. (not by me)

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #3,298 of 22,021
just spent the last 2 days using DX200 in pure music mode. I think the lag as reported only happens when swiping left or right. I believe it's not a lag but a delay seems since the response time is always consistent. If you are not swiping left or right, the GUI is very usuable (i.e. toggling buttons on or of, going to a submenu and back)

I believe iBasso can quickly fix it. I actually like pure music mode as it is very simple. Potentially, better in saving battery life. The Android mode doesn't offer more functionality relevant to me yet anyway.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #3,299 of 22,021
ALO Audio SXC 8 mini to mini cable with ALO Audio Continental V5 portable tube amplifier, Campfire Audio Nova IEM and iBasso DX200 Dap.

5dce7e62d0350ba79c6ca20485622d86.jpg

Having some fun trying out the different outputs.

100+ hours on the DX200 now.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #3,300 of 22,021
e672592537f6b209cab7d0cf370e93d0.jpg

DX200 to Litz balanced cable with Campfire Audio Vegas.

Trying out. Different cables and IEMs this past week. And also finding out more about the single and balanced ports.

2cda2e70ec7efcf489347bfd04e084d1.jpg

JOMO6R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back