1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221
223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232
Next

Last
  1. soundblast75
    I kinda complained a lot, nicely :grinning:

2. cn11
    Yes, agreed that in Mango mode the touch interface is quite laggy. A couple seconds here as well to just swipe screens. UI-wise this device is far from perfect... for sure. Between the battery life, length of charge, and laggy UI, it's making me really appreciate the ease of use with my ZX2. I had planned on selling the ZX2 once I picked up the DX200 but now I'm not so sure I want to. The DX200 is definitely sonically superior though. 

3. jamato8 Contributor
    Pretty much all I use is Mango. I find it fast and efficient so I am confused by the talk of laggy. How are you finding it laggy, when? I ask this in all sincerity because for me it is fast and I wonder what is different. I just went through some DSD and regular files. No bugs and fast back and forth. I am using a Sandisk 256gb card that is full except for about 2gb with 16/44, 24/96 and 192 and a lot of DSD. What I do find laggy is the Sony WM1A. I enjoy it but I hope they update the FW so response to album changes etc are faster. 

davidmolliere likes this.
  4. odevans

Transitioning from screen to screen takes up to two seconds.

5. cn11

For me it's when I do almost anything (in Mango)... swipe sideways between screens, press play/pause, FF, etc. Everything takes a full second or longer to happen after the button is pressed or screen swiped. It's even when I use the physical side buttons to change tracks or play/pause. Volume changes are pretty instantaneous though. Apparently there's variation from unit to unit in this regard. 

6. jamato8 Contributor

Which screen? Doing a swipe side to side for the menus takes about .5 second on mine. Going to different albums is fast. It is much faster than the WM1A. I am really curious what is going on while enjoying INX, Kick. I have always liked this album. Kicking it with the Utopia and also the line out to the micro Zotl 2. 

7. jamato8 Contributor

Wow, mine is normal, like other daps, I mean not slow. Have you done a factory reset? I always do that now when updating or there is a problem. Got used to it with the DX80 and since the DX200 uses Mango, reseting seems to clear up any problems. This would have to be FW based. 

8. odevans

All screens so far. To be honest, I've not thoroughly inspected it, I've only gone through the main panels and the settings buttons. Lost patients and went back into android, as the mango app within android is superb.

You have the focal utopia? Not jealous at all... not one bit. Very nice.

9. cn11

Yeah, good suggestion. I will give that a try. Don't have to bother loading music again since I'm just using a micro SD card... I'm currently running the most recent firmware. 

10. odevans
    Resetting and flashing hasn't helped me at all. All four times.

11. HiFlight

You can't download Neutron as it is a paid app, unless someone knows of a workaround. There is no connection to google to make payment. You can perhaps get the 5 day evaluation version, but that won't do much good. Lack of Play Store is a definite drawback if one wants to install non-free apps.

12. jamato8 Contributor

I hope someone has some ideas because I am at a loss for this. It has to be fw based but you have done a factory reset and are on the latest FW 1.3.6? 

13. jamato8 Contributor
    Yeah, a bit of money but I am glad Focal came out with these. They just do everything right, when the music is well recorded. I have them single ended and balanced, using some Whiplash Twau v2 cable. I didn't like the stock cable at all because it is heavy and clunky.  The DX200 drives them with ease and they stay open sounding like my desktop amp, which is surprising from a dap. 

14. HiFlight

I have also done a factory reset with the latest firmware and can confirm the delay in user inputs when using the Mango OS. It does seem constant at about a second or maybe just a bit longer. I haven't noticed much battery life difference between Android and Mango. I haven't yet compared battery life when streaming Tidal with playing music files stored on board my DX200.

15. cn11
    I just wanted to be clear that the lag is not a deal breaker for me, just mildly annoying, and it keeps the device from being damn near perfect. 

First

Back
212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221
223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232
Next

Last