DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 28, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #3,301 of 22,021
Using Dx200 in pure music more yield more battery life. after crossing 4 hours + of continuous the battery level is still at 52%. This is still using the balanced output.

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #3,302 of 22,021
is there a adaptor from sony zx2 trrs (female end) to ak trrs (male end) ?

so i can use my zx2 trrs balanced cables with the dx200 ?

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #3,303 of 22,021
Anyone know how to search for a song? Driving me crazy right now!!

In the days of cassette tapes we used a pencil to rewind them.

I don't think the iBasso app has this feature yet, but considering you're on Android you can download several alternative players that can?

More importabtly, have you tried any of your Tralucent lineup with DX200 yet? Ref.1 Too for example?

Any word on when Australian retailers such as MiniDisc will be selling the DX200?

I spoke to them about a month ago, they said they're definitely stocking it but had no ETA.

I would try emailing them directly.

where can i buy this one in the us ?

The first batch completely sold out to my understanding.

I have seen (from google) one store mentioning around 20th February, but it could very well be sooner?

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #3,304 of 22,021
  Using Dx200 in pure music more yield more battery life. after crossing 4 hours + of continuous the battery level is still at 52%. This is still using the balanced output.

Makes sense since in pure music mode a lot of background android processes should be disabled, so it's optimized for the performance.  And yes, I agree, the lag is only when you are swiping left/right to get to settings or music sorting/list menus.

Btw, in either Mango app or pure music, I would have loved to see a more fluid operation of fast fwd/back bar to scrub through the song.  I guess I'm spoiled with a typical smartphone operation where you just swipe through the bar with a light touch or tap it anywhere to jump to a new position.  Here in Mango, you have to tap'n'hold the time marker first and drag it to a new position, exactly the same as in DX80.  Of course, nothing wrong with that, just a matter of a personal preference.

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #3,305 of 22,021
proedros said:
.is there a adaptor from sony zx2 trrs (female end) to ak trrs (male end) ?

so i can use my zx2 trrs balanced cables with the dx200 ?

A simple 2.5 to 3.5 trrs adapter will not work as sony and ibasso are wired differently.

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #3,306 of 22,021

Makes sense since in pure music mode a lot of background android processes should be disabled, so it's optimized for the performance.  And yes, I agree, the lag is only when you are swiping left/right to get to settings or music sorting/list menus.

Btw, in either Mango app or pure music, I would have loved to see a more fluid operation of fast fwd/back bar to scrub through the song.  I guess I'm spoiled with a typical smartphone operation where you just swipe through the bar with a light touch or tap it anywhere to jump to a new position.  Here in Mango, you have to tap'n'hold the time marker first and drag it to a new position, exactly the same as in DX80.  Of course, nothing wrong with that, just a matter of a personal preference.

We like DX200 to be perfect which I think iBasso would oblige. But lets not forget how the previous iBasso DAP was at on initial release. It feels like in DX200 iBasso made a huge effort to make DX200 avoid the previous DAP's giving early adaptors misery. There is still a lot to do but, but DX200 to me has a good start.  

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #3,307 of 22,021
My DX200 still below 100 hours burns in, but WOW....I am not good at giving impression, all I can say is that the sound is really good, the detail retrieval and resolution, soundstage, imaging and separation yet it still give fuller sound with good bass texsture and slam with authority is just that I never thought that source can be this good.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,308 of 22,021
When we open we will be working on the firmware. I continue to file your requests and the bugs that have been found so we can rapidly take care of any problems.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 28, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,310 of 22,021
H20Fidelity Good point bro, I'll download Neutron. I was even thinking about a different player. I haven't tried The Ref 1 on it yet, believe it or not.

I was telling Mimouille earlier today about DX200 / Tralucent Ref.1 with one of Queens songs 'Headlong'. It's mastered with a very rich dose of clarity and resolution, the sound DX200 makes with Ref.1 and this track is golden supreme. :D

Repeat mode was activated.

Give it a try if you have it.

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #3,312 of 22,021
How does dx200 compare to mojo guys?

The DX200 has a little larger soundstage, better dynamics and transparency. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #3,314 of 22,021
How does dx200 compare to mojo guys?

The funny thing is, I remember one year ago, I just bought brand new iBasso DX80 when a friend came to me and show me his brand new Chord Mojo, after a couple of listening and comparing between the two, I sold my DX80 and get Mojo. And now here I am a year later, planning to sold my Chord Mojo after getting iBasso DX200 :laughing:.

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #3,315 of 22,021
Hi paul,
I have a problem with the side buttons play and stop, they work without problems with the screen turned on, but occasionally, when it is turned off, the buttons work and other times not. I have to relight the screen so that they return to work.
I think that with the previous update that was not me.

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back