DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #3,076 of 22,021
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/791531/dx200-details-features-and-specifications-1st-page-with-wifi-and-bluetooth-interchangeable-amps/3060#post_13204811 layout=inline]Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Player is hot btw

[/CONTENTEMBED]

I confirm it gets hot and not only while playing hi res but even in a pocket not playing for that matter...
I had an occurence of the player on android mode being turned on, idle, no Wifi, no bluetooth, no playing no charging and still be pretty hot... granted it was in a coat pocket (the coat not on me).

I am going to keep an eye on this...

Yes, im sure it affects battery, i hate to see the percentage going down fast..

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #3,077 of 22,021
My unit gets pretty warm when playing, I've found it depends how high the volume is, like I said pages back to a point some might think it's abnormal or an issue though considering its been consistent in doing so along with other reports I'm not worried. My battery is behaving fine even with the heat. Done about 2 hours last charge, and down to 80%.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #3,078 of 22,021

Player is hot btw

I confirm it gets hot and not only while playing hi res but even in a pocket not playing for that matter...
I had an occurence of the player on android mode being turned on, idle, no Wifi, no bluetooth, no playing no charging and still be pretty hot... granted it was in a coat pocket (the coat not on me).

I am going to keep an eye on this...

The DX200 will produce heat because of the current requirements of the system. If kept in a pocket or insulated against heat loss it will get warmer.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #3,079 of 22,021
I also always turn mine off when not in use, I treat it like a DAP not a smartphone you leave on otherwise most likely the amp section is still active. Boot ups in about 10 seconds I counted which is nothing in the scheme of things.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #3,080 of 22,021
On day 3 with the DX200, still familiarizing myself with everything. So far loving the full iBasso rig of this and the IT03. The sense of space around instruments is very nice, and the dynamics are a bit of a surprise to me. I feel the bass reaches lower than the ZX2 even, while being cleaner at the same time. Treble has a more tactile sensation, and is not strident at all. It's hyper detailed yet never forces the presentation. With how it sounds with just about 15 or so hours on it, I highly anticipate things improving even once it reaches 100-200 hours. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #3,081 of 22,021
Mine gets warm but never hot, in my opinion mojo can get hotter than dx200, so i think its normal.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #3,082 of 22,021
Mango is a pure music mode. The way it looks may change or may not. I don't control that but I do give my opinion. :smile: A factory reset doesn't erase music but I still take my card out. I am making up a list of everyone's problems and it will be worked on as soon as our software team returns.

Hi Paul...

Please add to the bug list that it is not possible to remove a browser bookmark shortcut that has been placed on one of the Android homepages except by a factory reset.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #3,084 of 22,021
Day 3 on the DX200, almost full time burning in approx 60 hours the words that come to mind are : on top of powerful, refined and "velvety". 
It's been mentioned but listening to DX200 balanced has a very "amp like" quality I guess this is the benefit of the headroom you get from the raw power. 

I initially found a commonality with DP-X1 sabre like sig but the more the DX200 burns in the more it's clear the amp module / dac implementation is not similar to DP-X1 or X7. I found Fiio X7 on the warm and smooth side and DP-X1 on the detailed and airy side (very simplified but...). DX200 is both smooth and detailed and airy which makes for an interesting combination. I wouldn't say it's neutral as to my ears it's a tad on the warm side but maybe that's the Vega and NightHawk talking I don't own reference IEMs or headphones.

Mine gets warm but never hot, in my opinion mojo can get hotter than dx200, so i think its normal.

Good point, Mojo can get a bit warm.
I am not worried, I was just puzzled when it got fairly warm not doing anything just being confined to a closed (but cool) space.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #3,085 of 22,021
  Day 3 on the DX200, almost full time burning in approx 60 hours the words that come to mind are : on top of powerful, refined and "velvety". 
It's been mentioned but listening to DX200 balanced has a very "amp like" quality I guess this is the benefit of the headroom you get from the raw power. 

I initially found a commonality with DP-X1 sabre like sig but the more the DX200 burns in the more it's clear the amp module / dac implementation is not similar to DP-X1 or X7. I found Fiio X7 on the warm and smooth side and DP-X1 on the detailed and airy side (very simplified but...). DX200 is both smooth and detailed and airy which makes for an interesting combination. I wouldn't say it's neutral as to my ears it's a tad on the warm side but maybe that's the Vega and NightHawk talking I don't own reference IEMs or headphones.

u need er4sr to pair with it to identify its true sound

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #3,086 of 22,021
Hi Paul...

Please add to the bug list that it is not possible to remove a browser bookmark shortcut that has been placed on one of the Android homepages except by a factory reset.

Yeah a few of us have mentioned that to him. It's on his list.

Well last night I listened to the unit with the 1Plus2's again and yes...it's sounding better with those particular IEM's. Before hitting the sack I tried my MrSpeakers Alpha Primes with it and it sounds great. Those can's need a lot of power...that's when they sound the best I mean. All the zones were hitting their marks....of note was how the depth and soundstage are definitely getting more refined with burn in. I don't think I've owned a DAP where the burn-in process has been so pronounced before. I've been running the unit as a DAC since last night and when I get home this afternoon I will pit it against the AK380 and start the real comparison using my "go to" testing playlist. 

Also...yes the unit gets warm...it's what happens when a lot of current is being used. Nothing out of the norm and nothing to worry about. Right now i can say with certainty that this DAP has the sound signature of the DX100...only better. Those of us who own or have owned DX100's will know what I mean. 

This unit is fighting way above its weight class. BTW the Cowon PD is not in the same league as the DX200...I've owned the CPD for a long time and while it's a good DAP, it's more along the lines of a Fiio X5, even with the JetEffect active.

More to follow... 

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #3,087 of 22,021
Is the battery life 7 hours when playing FLAC 24/192 in balanced mode or single ended mode?
Because balance use more power I expected the battery life to be shorter in this mode.
Paul, do you think it will be possible to improve the battery life with future firmware updates?
So far i like everything about this music player except the battery life.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #3,088 of 22,021
Is the battery life 7 hours when playing FLAC 24/192 in balanced mode or single ended mode?
Because balance use more power I expected the battery life to be shorter in this mode.
Paul, do you think it will be possible to improve the battery life with future firmware updates?
So far i like everything about this music player except the battery life.

I think the real battery improvement will come with IEM-type of amp module.  The default amp is very powerful, actually quite impressive for a portable DAP.  I hope iBasso will release another amp module with both SE and BAL outputs and scaled down power to keep background black with sensitive iems.  For anybody who is curious, Zeus XRA hissing w/DX200 is still strong.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #3,089 of 22,021
Regardig the temperature of the DX200, I don't believe it reaches as high as my DX100 when playing .wav files over a period of about 4 hours. Nothing abnormal, certainly.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #3,090 of 22,021
Rsgardig the temperature of the DX200, I don't believe it reaches as high as my DX100 when playing .wav files over a period of about 4 hours. Nothing abnormal, certainly.

I can confirm that it definitely does not get as hot as the DX100. I'm testing them side by side and have owned a few DX100's. It's not that hot guys...yeah it gets warmer than a Fiio and an AK...but it's also pushing more current...As HiFlight said...nothing to be concerned about. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back