1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
Next

Last
  1. icefalkon

WOW those are some crazy IEM's Twister...very nice! 

2. HiFlight

I am not sure that one can directly relate hissing to the power capability of the amplifier section as output power is directly related to the voltage selected by the volume control. Output power varies from zero to max as reqested by turning the volume from min to max. I believe hiss is likely the result of other circuit design elements.

3. twister6 Contributor

I agree and don't consider myself to be an expert in amplifier design/filtering [​IMG]  There is some noise floor I hear with other sensitive IEMs such as Andromeda, ES60, the background is not pitch black with sensitive IEMs.  And as you amplify the signal, in theory you raise both ends (signal and noise), lifting the noise floor as well, right?  So perhaps a more IEM-friendly amp module without output power overkill to give more dynamic volume range for sensitive iems while keeping the noise floor down and drawing less current to extend battery life would be a good idea [​IMG]  Of course, you can consider this as a biased request since I'm mostly vested into IEMs, including a number of sensitive ones.

4. davidmolliere
    Can't hissing be related to output impedance?

Although DX200 is rated at 0.8ohm if I remember the info posted by Paul correctly, which would be a good thing for low impedance IEMs

5. ahossam

I don't own zeus but I can tell that my katana is dead silent on dx200. I can hear hiss on fiio x7, cayin i5 and very faint almost unnoticeable on mojo, but on dx200 I cannot notice it.

6. Jobbing

Thanks for confirming. Too bad for now. ADEL EE is at the top of my shortlist.

7. jamato8 Contributor
    I have some cheap but really sensitive IEMs but I don't hear any hiss. Odd. 

Anyway I have been burning in the Sony WM1A and the DX200 and the WM1A has more hours. I thought at first they would be even or the 1A would be a little better and then they pretty much pulled even but now the DX200 is more rounded and better in all areas to my ears. I love the battery life of the 1A though it drops with higher resolution files but for sound it can't keep up with the DX200 when regular headphones are used at higher volumes. For soundstage depth and width and imaging the DX200 is just a little better but especially in the larger soundstage from the DX200. As mentioned in the past I am using the Utopia and the IT03 but also the HE1000 v2. The headphones have Whiplash Twau cable and I mostly use the balanced mode. 

8. twister6 Contributor

As I'm getting more into burn in now, I will go through a number of my IEMs and will post a short list (getting too many questions about it).

I can only imagine that it will be a challenge to design one amp module to make everybody happy, from people with sensitive low impedance IEMs to those with lower sensitivity and higher impedance monitors and people with full size high impedance demanding cans or cans with exotic planar magnetic drivers.  That is a beauty of DAP design with interchangeable amp modules - you pick one that suites your needs the best.

davidmolliere likes this.
  9. jamato8 Contributor
    I just did another comparison of the Sony 1A and 200 on Michael Jackson's, Thriller, Beat It, on DSD. Before comparing I again matched the volume with a sound level meter. Using the Utopia I was surprised that when I matched not using the meter but by ear, I was playing the 1A a little louder. After matching I realized why, the DX200 is more dynamic and in order to match the subjective loudness, I turn the 1A up more. When matched it is apparent how the DX200 is more dynamic and presents details and imaging in a cleaner manner. Even when I turned the 1A up in volume, it still didn't have the dynamic contrasts of sound. I am going to continue burning them both in as this is interesting. 

Fabi likes this.
  10. obileye obiyemi
    Th
    Thank you!!   I have been waiting to hear a comparison between these two!  so please it coming          i m all ears           Thanks again

11. Cherubian
    I'm surprised nobody has asked this yet but does DX200 supports Aptx?

12. musicday
    Paul- can you please add to the features list for the future: double tap to wake up screen, double tap to turn it off,so we use the mechanical buttons as little as possible.This will be a very useful feature of DX200.Thank you.

13. ahossam

And please add the option to turn off the screen lock when mango player is active in android mode.

14. Olchon
    Managed to get hold of a DX200 on AMP3 before they went out of stock, seemed like a bargain I couldn't turn down, especially with 10% discount code! Was hoping it would arrive today, I suppose I've just got to be patient.....
    Has anyone tried any streaming apps other than Tidal or Spotify, I really want to use this player to stream from my NAS. Ideally I would love to stick Roon Control app on it at some point, does anyone have any idea whether this will work on dx200 version of android?
    Thanks

15. icefalkon
    Do a search at the top of the page for tidal and spotify

First

Back
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
Next

Last