DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 12, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #2,356 of 22,021
  Ok, I'll bite... so just how good is it? 

Let me play with it if you do get ur hands on it 
etysmile.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #2,357 of 22,021
Sorry I can't compare with other high-end DAP, but compare with DX90 the sound signature is very close, there are a LOT details and power than DX90. BTW I only have 3.5mm cable to test with my CIEM. I think it is worth for this price, I will compare with 300R later.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #2,358 of 22,021
Jan 12, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #2,359 of 22,021

Using dx200 now, feel free to ask me question. I only have dx90 before. But i brough xdp 300r and can compare to it.

Thank you and congrats! I am interested to find out your views between the two please, i.e. DX200 vs XDP-300R. How's the sound quality and how big a difference do you feel (assuming all else being equal, i.e. listening on single ended / balance on the same songs/source etc). If you use streaming services Tidal / Spotify, how do you find the performance from DAP so far with these?

If you can only keep one of them, which will you keep?

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #2,360 of 22,021

Thank you and congrats! I am interested to find out your views between the two please, i.e. DX200 vs XDP-300R. How's the sound quality and how big a difference do you feel (assuming all else being equal, i.e. listening on single ended / balance on the same songs/source etc). If you use streaming services Tidal / Spotify, how do you find the performance from DAP so far with these?

If you can only keep one of them, which will you keep?

I haven't heard 300R yet, will give it a try later.
DX200 is slightly bigger than 300R.
Sorry i didn't use streaming services and on DX200 I only use mango for the comparison, for comparing the best of the both players. I can only test on 3.5mm so the result is not accuray, but can give you some idea for the both players.

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #2,362 of 22,021
kevindiu
So tell us please, what do yo hear with dx200?

Overal sound signature
HF
Mids
Bass
Please give him some time to run in first.
After >30 hrs of run in the sound sig changes quite a lot.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #2,365 of 22,021
Some people in China said it needs 200 hrs++ to run in.
I wont say the sq would change a lot after 50hrs
But the first 10~20hours are improving quite obviously.
Mid is claener, hf extends better, bass is tighter

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #2,366 of 22,021

I tend to only move in Hires / vinyl rip circles so perhaps I am a little unrealistic in appreciating the needs and wishes of the general populace?

Man I am  amazed you even come here to talk to us general populace, what with the smell and noise we make.

people here are usually very nice, helpful and mature - of course there are always exceptions . . . like your post for example where you take a general post
completely out of context and make a personal 'attack'
Unfortunately, that you took my comments in such a negative way is only indicative of your own mental state
I would report this but it takes children a while to understand the moral conventions of society and what constitutes a healthy exchange of ideas and so forth
Bad boy . . .bad boy

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #2,368 of 22,021
people here are usually very nice, helpful and mature - of course there are always exceptions . . . like your post for example where you take a general post
completely out of context and make a personal 'attack'
Unfortunately, that you took my comments in such a negative way is only indicative of your own mental state
I would report this but it takes children a while to understand the moral conventions of society and what constitutes a healthy exchange of ideas and so forth
Bad boy . . .bad boy
Is it unimaginable that your post could be seen as pretentious? Maybe in the circles where you roam it is. I went pretty soft but hey, like you said, children need time.

Besides I would add that I am one of the only ones so far who contributed to this thread, so please do report me.

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #2,370 of 22,021
no need to get tensed over a device

anyway, more people will have the dx200 and more impressions will come soon, also thanks for @Mimouille for his early impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back