DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 12, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #2,371 of 22,021
Maturity

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #2,373 of 22,021
I haven't heard 300R yet, will give it a try later.
DX200 is slightly bigger than 300R.
Sorry i didn't use streaming services and on DX200 I only use mango for the comparison, for comparing the best of the both players. I can only test on 3.5mm so the result is not accuray, but can give you some idea for the both players.

Please do give a comparison. Thank you.

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #2,374 of 22,021

people here are usually very nice, helpful and mature - of course there are always exceptions . . . like your post for example where you take a general post
completely out of context and make a personal 'attack'
Unfortunately, that you took my comments in such a negative way is only indicative of your own mental state
I would report this but it takes children a while to understand the moral conventions of society and what constitutes a healthy exchange of ideas and so forth
Bad boy . . .bad boy

Is it unimaginable that your post could be seen as pretentious? Maybe in the circles where you roam it is. I went pretty soft but hey, like you said, children need time.

Besides I would add that I am one of the only ones so far who contributed to this thread, so please do report me.

You are absolutely right, it could have easily been read in that way. That's the problem with trying to communicate without a face :)
I apologise, I didn't mean it in that way at all
- Im just genuinely surprised at [what seems] would be the majority of people who would buy & use a DAP of this quality wouldn't be 
using Hi res as the norm. 
Nothing personal about them I just assumed with this level & quality of hardware . . . :/
If anything Im revealing my ignorance at the modern day music listening market place!

Please do continue to contribute to this thread . . . perhaps in a slightly less personal way?

You have the good fortune to be one of the rare few who have this unit and as such you are to some degree representing iBasso so may i humbly suggest you act in a manner more befitting such a role

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #2,379 of 22,021
You are absolutely right, it could have easily been read in that way. That's the problem with trying to communicate without a face :)
I apologise, I didn't mean it in that way at all
- Im just genuinely surprised at [what seems] would be the majority of people who would buy & use a DAP of this quality wouldn't be 
using Hi res as the norm. 
Nothing personal about them I just assumed with this level & quality of hardware . . . :/
If anything Im revealing my ignorance at the modern day music listening market place!

Please do continue to contribute to this thread . . . perhaps in a slightly less personal way?

You have the good fortune to be one of the rare few who have this unit and as such you are to some degree representing iBasso so may i humbly suggest you act in a manner more befitting such a role
Thank you but no need for that much apology, I was not overly pissed either, mostly sarcastic.

Actually I have a lot of very good gear and not so much hires. I buy albums in high resolution when available, but it is not a condition. I buy music that I like, maybe 150-200 albums a year, and only maybe 20% are available in high-res. Besides, I find that quality of the mastering is often more important than the resolution. For instance Agnès Obel in Redbook sounds "better" than Fleetwood Mac Rumours in high resolution.

Finally, I wouldn't take headfi as the modern music market place. Most people here care about sound, so wouldn't go below 320 mp3 and generally prefer at least Redbook quality. The general market place couldn't care less lists in to 128 mp3 on headphones with bloated bass.

What cable is that?

The cable is a DHC Symbiote V3 pure silver cable with titanium barrel (I know, I know...) reterminated by Beat Audio in 2.5mm. The reason I use Beat Audio and not DHC is because they are close to where I live and it's easy to ship, plus I like their 2.5 jack.

If you close your eyes and listen do you feel like tapping your foot?

I know this may seem pointless but there's a reason...

With the S-EM9 yes. With the Prophile-8 also, because this player has great dynamics, but with the P8 the overall sound was a bit too dry / analytical. The earsonics house sound on the other hand works very well with the DX200.

I also tried the KSE1500...wonderful pairing as well.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #2,382 of 22,021
Better than WM1Z ?
biggrin.gif

Say yes Mimouille, make Whitigir start worrying. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back