DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 5, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #21,436 of 22,021
You unzip just one time and then use that zip file placed directly on the card to do the update.

Edit. Disregard, it started working just now for some reason

20190705_102415.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #21,437 of 22,021
Hello guys, I have the possibility to buy a second hand DX200 for 600 Euros and I wonder what are the differences between DX200 and DX220. Is it reasonable to spend more for a brand new DX220 or should I take this occasion for the DX200? Since I have already some balanced 4.4mm cables, I am also planning to buy the AMP8 module.
Is there some audio quality differences between the two products considering the AMP8? Thanks

I have most cables with 4.4 (Angie II/PW05, Phantom/Eros II 8wire, Spartan/Ares II 8wire) and DX200TI and DX220 (will be sent back to ibasso soon) and amp9. So my chance is only listening to DX200TI and amp9 and it is a fabulous combination I gave impressions back in this thread.

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #21,439 of 22,021
Edit. Disregard, it started working just now for some reason

Exact same thing happened to me updating a DX150. Make sure the correct zip file (might have the word 'full' in filename) is on the root of your sd card and not in a folder.

Also try restarting the player. You may still have to press 'Upgrade' a few times but it worked for me after rebooting.

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #21,440 of 22,021
Am just listening to AMP9 now.

Initial impressions within the first hour.

1. Sounds glorious, Very mellifluous. Bass is so strong, but the vocals (mids & trebles) are also lovely. Analogue sounding yes, but no mudiness.
2. No issues with volume playing into Sennheiser HD600, Mezes 99 (wow the bass is very pervasive) and my Shure SE846. The Amp9 plays all of these plenty loud enough on low gain.
3. No hiss heard on any of the above head phones

Very very happy. I was expecting to be like the sound from other reviews but the Amp exceeds all expectations.

Just want to keep on listening.........

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #21,441 of 22,021
After unboxing and fitting the AMP9, I got a shock as I didn’t hear any sound coming from it to begin with. I think I must have kept my DX200 on by mistake and I assume it needs to be rebooted to recognise the new AMP9.

I had a horrible thought that maybe it was broken but all well now though.

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #21,442 of 22,021
I haven't done an update in like forever but my DX200 will not start. I get a DX200 sign and then the screen just goes black/off. When plugged in with USB-C, a quick push of the power button will show that it is half charged. Holding the power button down will get me to the DX200 sign and then it turns off again and repeats if I hold it down.

The last time I used it as a DAC only. Then the above happened the next time I tried to turn it on. In one of the attempts, I did manage to get it to stay on and so I switched it back to pure Mango mode and it has only turned off every time since.

Any help appreciated.

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #21,443 of 22,021
I haven't done an update in like forever but my DX200 will not start. I get a DX200 sign and then the screen just goes black/off. When plugged in with USB-C, a quick push of the power button will show that it is half charged. Holding the power button down will get me to the DX200 sign and then it turns off again and repeats if I hold it down.

The last time I used it as a DAC only. Then the above happened the next time I tried to turn it on. In one of the attempts, I did manage to get it to stay on and so I switched it back to pure Mango mode and it has only turned off every time since.

Any help appreciated.
It happened the same to me when I first tried to install the firmware. You have to install the first version of the Android 8.0, and only after that you install the latest version of the firmware. Good luck!

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #21,444 of 22,021

Any help appreciated.
If you haven't updated to Android 8.1 Oreo, you will need to use the Android Tool and load the USB/DAC driver from our download site to your computer. The Android Tool Beta download will work fine as it has the tool and a .img firmware you will need. The instructions are with the download. Once you have updated to 8.1, you can then update directly to the latest firmware.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 6, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #21,446 of 22,021
Hi @Paul - iBasso,

Can you clarify the situation about the DX220 and the installation of third parties applications as the Neutron music player? Thanks
With our software you will need to side load/use an APK. I know that Lurker0 has an app that will allow use of other ways to load apps.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 6, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #21,447 of 22,021
With our software you will need to side load/use an APK. I know that Lurker0 has an app that will allow use of other ways to load apps.

To sideload an APK file is not a problem. I wonder if the Neutron app requires the google account manager on the Android system in order to recognize the license because I use Neutron on my smartphone without problems (smartphone with Google services).

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #21,448 of 22,021
If you haven't updated to Android 8.1 Oreo, you will need to use the Android Tool and load the USB/DAC driver from our download site to your computer. The Android Tool Beta download will work fine as it has the tool and a .img firmware you will need. The instructions are with the download. Once you have updated to 8.1, you can then update directly to the latest firmware.
Thanks for the reply Paul. Just to confirm, I can do this even though I can't get the DX200 to start? So the first thing I need to do is update to Android 8.1 Oreo even though I am on a very old version?

Thanks.

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #21,449 of 22,021
Thanks for the reply Paul. Just to confirm, I can do this even though I can't get the DX200 to start? So the first thing I need to do is update to Android 8.1 Oreo even though I am on a very old version?

Thanks.
You can definitely do this even if the DX200 doesn’t start, you will have to follow the instructions in the download though. Not difficult just A it different.

Jul 6, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #21,450 of 22,021
To sideload an APK file is not a problem. I wonder if the Neutron app requires the google account manager on the Android system in order to recognize the license because I use Neutron on my smartphone without problems (smartphone with Google services).
You'll need to install the Lurker add-on which enables Google Play Services (and hence license verification - I use it to verify my UAPP license).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back