DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 14, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #20,706 of 22,021
Really really enjoying Amp8...

51847287_2220690901339819_4465924075465736192_n.jpg

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #20,707 of 22,021
Do you guys have the AMP4 randomly powering off your DX200? Yes the DAP is fully charged. It's happened in in both Android mode (Lurker0-ed) and Mango mode. I've just switched back to AMP8 to see if I've regained stability in the DX200.

Edit: Scratch that. It's just happened to AMP8 too. Will try another amp module but suspect it'll happen to that too.

Does it drain the battery completely, or you the same after the shut down? I've had similar issues, and had to RMA for a new battery.

BTW, is anyone still having issues with the next song button? It used to just rewind the song, before clicking again to finally go to the next song, but now it rewinds, then goes to previous song... This is the only thing that never got fixed with the firmware updates. Is it a hardware problem?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #20,708 of 22,021
Does it drain the battery completely, or you the same after the shut down? I've had similar issues, and had to RMA for a new battery.

BTW, is anyone still having issues with the next song button? It used to just rewind the song, before clicking again to finally go to the next song, but now it rewinds, then goes to previous song... This is the only thing that never got fixed with the firmware updates. Is it a hardware problem?
It doesn't drain the battery. It just shuts down. Then I have to power it up again and the battery is like 95%+ (or whatever it was before it shut down). I don't think it's a battery problem. Just hope some circuits haven't blown. Mind you though since this happened yesterday, I've not tried it. I decided to just fully charge up the DX200 again.

About FF button, never seen that behaviour. FF has always just gone to the next song for me.

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #20,709 of 22,021
It doesn't drain the battery. It just shuts down. Then I have to power it up again and the battery is like 95%+ (or whatever it was before it shut down). I don't think it's a battery problem. Just hope some circuits haven't blown. Mind you though since this happened yesterday, I've not tried it. I decided to just fully charge up the DX200 again.

About FF button, never seen that behaviour. FF has always just gone to the next song for me.
That's what was happening to me. I'd fully charge it, then after 3 tracks or so it would just shut down. Turn it back on and battery meter showed being near full. If I fully charged it and played it while keeping it charging, it wouldn't shut down.

Replaced the battery for $15 plus shipping and all is well in the world again.

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #20,710 of 22,021
I just realized that with my Tidal, I can use the MQA and do it offline but I can figure out how to use it offline in MQA with the DX200. Does anyone have some good advice, directions for doing this? I contacted Tidal but they haven't helped much but gave me a page for downloads but it doesn't help either. I can stream MQA via the USB to the DX200 no problem, from my Mac but I want offline content in MQA. Ideas? Thank you.

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #20,711 of 22,021
I just realized that with my Tidal, I can use the MQA and do it offline but I can figure out how to use it offline in MQA with the DX200. Does anyone have some good advice, directions for doing this? I contacted Tidal but they haven't helped much but gave me a page for downloads but it doesn't help either. I can stream MQA via the USB to the DX200 no problem, from my Mac but I want offline content in MQA. Ideas? Thank you.

Not sure i understand 100% what you mean. But you can only play Tidal offline through the Tidal app. If you can stream from the Tidal app you can also play it offline. You can't play Tidal offline anywhere else!

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #20,712 of 22,021
Not sure i understand 100% what you mean. But you can only play Tidal offline through the Tidal app. If you can stream from the Tidal app you can also play it offline. You can't play Tidal offline anywhere else!
I mean to download an app for the DX200 (which I haven't been able to do) and play music you download from Tidal to play on the device offline. I haven't figured out how to get the software on the DX200 so I can then play music from Tidal on it while not hooked up to the internet.

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #20,713 of 22,021
I mean to download an app for the DX200 (which I haven't been able to do) and play music you download from Tidal to play on the device offline. I haven't figured out how to get the software on the DX200 so I can then play music from Tidal on it while not hooked up to the internet.
It's not possible to play Tidal offline using an app or software other than Tidal due to licensing restrictions

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #20,714 of 22,021
It's not possible to play Tidal offline using an app or software other than Tidal due to licensing restrictions
I guess I don't understand the concept yet. On a dap, how do you play Tidal offline? I have tried figuring out where the Tidal software is to do this and how to use this with an Android dap.

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #20,715 of 22,021
I guess I don't understand the concept yet. On a dap, how do you play Tidal offline? I have tried figuring out where the Tidal software is to do this and how to use this with an Android dap.
If you are using stock firmware, you'll have to sideload the app. Download the standalone Tidal Android app apk file via a link such as the one below to your computer:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BBAB&usg=AOvVaw1NHQvsHOM_H9AlLf0YSuye&ampcf=1

Then move that file to a folder on your SD card, open that file with your DX200 and it should install.

Afterwards you can use the app as you do on your phone and set whatever albums/tracks you want to be offline.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back