DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 20, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #15,361 of 22,021
All the titanium posts...am super envy although local dealer in Hong Kong might still have stock I won't take the bite.

I recently bought the HD 660s and try them with amp 8 and they sound good, there is a difference playing them with my Oppo 105d using the 6.1 cable but I can't tell if one is better or not yet. Will report back once the headphones have properly burn in.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #15,363 of 22,021
So are all the current Ti owners stocking with the Ti AMP 1 or changing it? I haven’t bothered putting my AMP 4 back in so debating whether I should sell it or just hang on to it.

Interesting, before AMP8 the 4 was my all time favorite so that’s a strong statement can’t wait to hear that upgraded AMP1 :)

Personally I would keep it unless the tuning is very similar, pure performance is not the only thing, pairing and synergy with gear is key as well you never know what you’ll get next so...

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #15,364 of 22,021
Interesting, before AMP8 the 4 was my all time favorite so that’s a strong statement can’t wait to hear that upgraded AMP1 :)

Personally I would keep it unless the tuning is very similar, pure performance is not the only thing, pairing and synergy with gear is key as well you never know what you’ll get next so...

Absolutely , when it gets to upper tier, synergies will be more than just a thing

Jul 20, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #15,366 of 22,021
Or those of us that couldn't go Ti can't take the pain of being around you guys :deadhorse::deadhorse::beyersmile:
TBH though, I, like all? of us couldn't be happier for Ibasso!! $1700 and probably stomps every other DAP out there when playing D512 and just to put it in perspective the titanium chassis is the majority of the cost so they can give us this much performance for even cheaper:astonished:

Such a swift kick in the pants to all, but especially A&whatevertheyare

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #15,368 of 22,021
Or those of us that couldn't go Ti can't take the pain of being around you guys :deadhorse::deadhorse::beyersmile:
TBH though, I, like all? of us couldn't be happier for Ibasso!! $1700 and probably stomps every other DAP out there when playing D512 and just to put it in perspective the titanium chassis is the majority of the cost so they can give us this much performance for even cheaper:astonished:

Such a swift kick in the pants to all, but especially A&whatevertheyare

Listen, competition is good for everyone. Without A-whatever, we probably would not have a DX200...

Plus, DAPs and headphones have different sound characteristics; they are tools to use as needed...that's why people have different headphones and DAPs...

Waiting patiently for my Ti...

:L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #15,369 of 22,021
I'm happy enough with the bog standard DX200. And a few other daps, would rather spend extra or earphones and headphones

Jul 20, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #15,371 of 22,021
Alea jacta est/ Had a mail fron headphoniaks earlier. They received the Ti units earlier and mine's has been already shipped. Had to delay dhl delivery cuz of canjamthe haha

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #15,372 of 22,021
Alea jacta est/ Had a mail fron headphoniaks earlier. They received the Ti units earlier and mine's has been already shipped. Had to delay dhl delivery cuz of canjamthe haha

"The die is cast"; kind of a pun on the Ti unit itself too, haha :wink:

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #15,373 of 22,021
Listen, completion is good for everyone. Without A-whatever, we probably would not have a DX200...
Plus, DAPs and headphones have different sound characteristics; they are tools to use as needed...that's why people have different headphones and DAPs...
Waiting patiently for my Ti...:L3000:
Cool, by your comment you're either:
  • not listening to D512 on your DX208
  • just butthurt that I made silly jokes about your avatar : } JK and I hope not
  • butthurt that your SP1000 isn't worth over 3x a DX208 I hope not too, but come on, we all know : }
I'm all for three things on here:
  1. Never speaking in absolutes unless it is without a doubt warranted and in this it case it truly is
  2. Having fun with others here; education plus entertainment
  3. Speaking out against AK because, unfortunately, I have an inside scoop of what their margins are compared to their competition as well as who they chose to align themselves with in my country
You're right about one thing, competition is GREAT for dap mfrs but how does a company find any positive when they've never had any competition to begin with? The look that they go for, the price that they ask, the demographic they cover was all strategically designed to tell consumers, "We are the premium brand", and it's true, they are. In their own little niche of the market, competitor free in the way they see daps. BTW this all came from from the Canadian distributor, not me. We are not a AK dealer, thank gawd, but unfortunately, we have to deal with this dist just like everyone else in Canada. Brands that align with them are only in it for one thing. Can you guess what it might be?

But hey, you can't beat them on GUI and design ('cept for slanty). They have their place among dappers, but SQ/$ is not it.
I politely disagree with this statement for two reasons:
  1. While daps do have different sound characteristics, it's no where on the same level as transducers
  2. Some dacs, daps, spk are just flat out better than others at presenting music with a truer sense of realism and that's the goal here. Your H2 (source dependent) is better in every way than your SP1000Cu, it's an absolute, it brings you closer to the music. To say it's merely different is to say you would rather listen to music veiled than not. At some point here we have to start being objective instead of always copping out on subjectivity.
I don't think I'm out of line in saying DX208Ti/D512 > all daps BUT the SP1000's do have a very relaxed and musical delivery to them plus excellent timbre and resolve so I will agree that some could pick them for their flavors but at their MSRP?? Cayin N8 looks promising but once again $$$$. Opus #2? Nope. LPG/T? No as well $$$$. QP2R? I think we're done here : )

D512 + Amp8 has changed daps SQ/$ wise - plus Ti version* - and it is now up to the competition to chase them. So you were right all along :D

*I realize only 66 but that doesn't mean they can't do it again : )
Waiting patiently for my Ti...:L3000:
Just so you know, I'm both jealous and butthurt of your inbound Ti......
But mostly just jelly of how well you pull off that grass skirt :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back