DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #15,349 of 22,021
Jul 19, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #15,353 of 22,021
Heat. If the DX needs a charge that will generate some heat. If you are playing regular resolution files that isn't a problem. But if you are charging the battery and using higher resolution files, there will be much more heat generated. This has to be taken into account. There is a lot going on inside of the DX200. If you have a full battery charge and are using the charger then heat will be less of an issue since the battery is already charged. But charging and using high resolution music can be an issue. Surrounding ambient air temperature and air circulation around the DX needs to be taken into account.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 19, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #15,354 of 22,021
Heat. If the DX needs a charge that will generate some heat. If you are playing regular resolution files that isn't a problem. But if you are charging the battery and using higher resolution files, there will be much more heat generated. This has to be taken into account. There is a lot going on inside of the DX200. If you have a full battery charge and are using the charger then heat will be less of an issue since the battery is already charged. But charging and using high resolution music can be an issue. Surrounding ambient air temperature and air circulation around the DX needs to be taken into account.

Excellent ! Thanks for the “clarification”. This means

1/ Do not use DSD512 and charge simultaneously, especially Dx200Ti

2/ Best to use DSD512 running on battery only and or charge only. Also, take it out of the Case!

No problem! 4 hours of playing back DSD512 on the Dx200 driving HD800s is already too good to complain

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #15,355 of 22,021
Excellent ! Thanks for the “clarification”. This means

1/ Do not use DSD512 and charge simultaneously, especially Dx200Ti

2/ Best to use DSD512 running on battery only and or charge only. Also, take it out of the Case!

No problem! 4 hours of playing back DSD512 on the Dx200 driving HD800s is already too good to complain
If you get a phone cooler the heat will be a moot point. Laptop coolers work well too.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #15,359 of 22,021
So are all the current Ti owners stocking with the Ti AMP 1 or changing it? I haven’t bothered putting my AMP 4 back in so debating whether I should sell it or just hang on to it.

I have heard someone said the amp1 Ti sounds much better than amp4 because it has a better components built in.
I do not have DX200 Ti yet and will get one soon and can test to compare with amp4s. Will see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back