DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 10, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #10,636 of 22,021
Having not used my dx200 for some time I have recently been reminded that it still suffers from a touch screen problem that wouldn't go away even with different firmware choices. Having done some research it appears the first batch of the dx200 apparently had a problem which needs the screen replacing. I bought mine in Feb/mar 17. Could anyone advise on the best course of action. I've been off the forum for a while so sorry if it has been covered.
The screen seems to think it's been touched at the top quite a lot. Causing menus to appear.

Thanks

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #10,637 of 22,021
Having not used my dx200 for some time I have recently been reminded that it still suffers from a touch screen problem that wouldn't go away even with different firmware choices. Having done some research it appears the first batch of the dx200 apparently had a problem which needs the screen replacing. I bought mine in Feb/mar 17. Could anyone advise on the best course of action. I've been off the forum for a while so sorry if it has been covered.
The screen seems to think it's been touched at the top quite a lot. Causing menus to appear.

Thanks

Contact Paul@ibasso.com to send it back for replacement.

Jan 10, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #10,639 of 22,021
hi ibasso, can i use this "2.5 TRRS to RCA" cable to connect my DX200 amp3 to a headphone amplifier?

photo_2018-01-10_15-19-01.jpg

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #10,640 of 22,021
hi ibasso, can i use this "2.5 TRRS to RCA" cable to connect my DX200 amp3 to a headphone amplifier?

I would not use a cable with balance plug and RCA.

The balance output has 2 grounds (left and right) while the RCA share the ground, therefore you will risk to damage the player.

If your headphone amp has only RCA input than you have to use a cable with a 3.5mm plug.

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #10,641 of 22,021
I would not use a cable with balance plug and RCA.

The balance output has 2 grounds (left and right) while the RCA share the ground, therefore you will risk to damage the player.

If your headphone amp has only RCA input than you have to use a cable with a 3.5mm plug.
That is correct. This can not be used with a balanced output. The negative side of the balanced output will be grounded and very possibly damage will occur to the amp section of the DX200. A 3.5 TRS to RCA from the line out of the AMP1 can be used and we have had very good reports from customers using the DX200 as a dac.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #10,642 of 22,021
Paul, is this issue with USB C cables supplied with the DX200 one you recognise? My vendor is replacing mine but I believe it will be another braided one. My “knocked out” ports are functioning again but not normally.....
We have 1000s that have gone with the DX200 that are working normally. We did see that there was a problem with some with the connection internally coming apart but not shorting. The cable would charge but not work to transfer information. For this reason we have changed manufacture.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #10,643 of 22,021
What is everyone's experience with the battery drain on the new firmware?

I seem to be having faster to drain than usual. Typically, it would last a little longer when I get home from work after constant use, but now they hit below 10% before I even leave from work...

Edit: Fixed wording.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #10,644 of 22,021

I seem to be having faster to drain than usual. Typically, it would last a little longer when I get home from work after constant use, but now they hit below 10% before I even leave for work...

I installed the new FW only 2 days ago and I'm using mango for 99% of the time, I don't see any significance difference.

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #10,645 of 22,021

I seem to be having faster to drain than usual. Typically, it would last a little longer when I get home from work after constant use, but now they hit below 10% before I even leave from work...

Edit: Fixed wording.
I don't seem to be having any issues with the battery. Will watch it though. Sound is great!

I am getting around 10% decrease in battery per hour on 16/44.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #10,646 of 22,021
Just tried to connect DX200 to MacBook directly using usb-c usb-c. It works as a USB-DAC.
By the way - I had troubles connecting DX200 with stock cable as USB-DAC via USB-A. I fixed this using some cheap third party USB-A->USB-C cable by PowerPlant

Please what cable were you using? Perhaps my weak point is the cable connection.

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #10,647 of 22,021
Hey @Lurker0 , so I downloaded your newest firmware, but now the USB DAC function has stopped working for me. I normally am able to run it with Audirvana, and the software is picking it up, and when I play music it is showing that it is playing, but I hear nothing. All other avenues of non DAC (Tidal App, UAPP) playback works and I am able to hear the music. What shall I do to rectify the issue please?

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #10,648 of 22,021
I downloaded your newest firmware, but now the USB DAC function has stopped working for me
I've had some problems with USB DAC in my previous firmware builds, but this time it should work exactly as in the previous release! I just had attached my DX200 to PC and I'm listening music via it right now. I don't know what can be wrong at our side.

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #10,650 of 22,021
Yesterday took off amp1, and put on Amp 4.

Today put on Amp 3, and then changed to Amp 5.

Still trying to decide on a favorite.

Somewhere in the 1, 4, 5 region I think.

[Snip!]

Dinner after the change to Amp 5.

Where does 3 lie in the above? U free some time to meet up? Wanna try your 4/5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back