DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 9, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #10,606 of 22,021
2.8.198L0 is available for downloading. Unfortunately, I didn't finish the work under deep sleep mode... probably, next time...

In this version I've restored built-in screenshot functionality: the option in the Android Settings to show the button in the statusbar (actually, in the bottom bar) works as it should. Here is an example:

Many thanks Lurker :) Updated mine to your rom :)

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #10,607 of 22,021
will the DX200 only work as a DAC with a usb-c to usb-a cable? Or can it still work with a usb-c to usb-c cable?
Just tried to connect DX200 to MacBook directly using usb-c usb-c. It works as a USB-DAC.
By the way - I had troubles connecting DX200 with stock cable as USB-DAC via USB-A. I fixed this using some cheap third party USB-A->USB-C cable by PowerPlant

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #10,608 of 22,021
Finally, Mango player can scan my massive database without crash, if the scanning time improves then it would be perfect...

Good news! What size card are you using? I'm using a 200GB SanDisk micro-SD (plus the internal drive now too), and it's always scanned the lot in a minute or two, depending on how many new files I've added..

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #10,610 of 22,021
i also have never had problem when scanning.. i read before that damaged card could cause crash / slowness, or sometimes, some brand of microsd are not so compatible with many devices. I used 256gb sandisk before and now 400gb sandisk. Zero problem.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #10,612 of 22,021
Are you getting a loss of sound for 1 second or a 1 second gap along with the gapless mode?
Hi @Paul - iBasso
I've recorded short 6-sec video that reproduces this issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/brrKqAJQlle2whXj1
If I remove cue file - the switch between tracks becomes really gapless
here's the cue sheet start for this album, jfyi:
Code:
REM GENRE Electronic
REM DATE 1998
REM DISCID 6B105808
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb4"
PERFORMER "Galaxy"
TITLE "Angel"
FILE "Galaxy - Angel.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Musication Celebration"
    PERFORMER "Galaxy"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Cosmonautical"
    PERFORMER "Galaxy"
    INDEX 01 04:44:17

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #10,613 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso
Wanted to let you know... I've been using Neutron exclusively for the past few months. There's still a problem with popping noises when using Neutron. It almost seems to happen more when listening to tracks with the same sample rate. It happens when stopping or pausing play between tracks. For instance... I play an album. At some point within the albums tracks, I press stop or pause... often there's a popping noise or two just after pressing pause. Oddly enough, it happens much less often when using higher sample rates. It happens most of the time when playing a sequence of tracks that are typical 44.1kHz FLAC.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #10,614 of 22,021
It happens when stopping or pausing play between tracks.
From my tests, I'm almost confident that the cause is turning off the analog amplifier's power supply. It depends on a particular amplifier, its output (single ended or balanced), headphones impedance and sensitivity. If I'm right, it can't be avoided due to the hardware design (no relays at the HF output).

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #10,615 of 22,021
2.8.198L0 is available for downloading. Unfortunately, I didn't finish the work under deep sleep mode... probably, next time...

In this version I've restored built-in screenshot functionality: the option in the Android Settings to show the button in the statusbar (actually, in the bottom bar) works as it should. Here is an example:

Installed yesterday night, amazing improvement compared to the previous FW, the OS is so much responsive!!!

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #10,616 of 22,021
Has anyone paired their DX200 with the Beyerdynamic DT1770s?

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #10,617 of 22,021
Hi @Paul - iBasso
I've recorded short 6-sec video that reproduces this issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/brrKqAJQlle2whXj1
If I remove cue file - the switch between tracks becomes really gapless
here's the cue sheet start for this album, jfyi:
Code:
REM GENRE Electronic
REM DATE 1998
REM DISCID 6B105808
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb4"
PERFORMER "Galaxy"
TITLE "Angel"
FILE "Galaxy - Angel.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Musication Celebration"
    PERFORMER "Galaxy"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Cosmonautical"
    PERFORMER "Galaxy"
    INDEX 01 04:44:17
Thank you. I can't see a problem in the video. I am not sure what to make of the code you have shown here.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #10,618 of 22,021
Thank you. I can't see a problem in the video. I am not sure what to make of the code you have shown here.
Sorry for not being clear. In order not to flood this thread I've sent you an email.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #10,619 of 22,021
Hi All

Thoroughly enjoying my new DX200, even though the supplied USB C cable temporarily knocked out a pair of USB 3 ports on My Win10 'puter! Replacement on the way....

A quick question - would Amp5 represent an improvement using my my over ears, B&W P7's, HiFiman 400s and NAD Visio HP50? These are all around 30 ohm and are easily driven by AMP 1 SE. (I have a balanced cable for the 400s's and they sound fantastic balanced).

Loudness is obviously not a problem for these phones SE using Amp 1, so any improvements to be expected with Amp5 (SQ, bass tightness, Sound stage etc)?

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #10,620 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso
Wanted to let you know... I've been using Neutron exclusively for the past few months. There's still a problem with popping noises when using Neutron. It almost seems to happen more when listening to tracks with the same sample rate. It happens when stopping or pausing play between tracks. For instance... I play an album. At some point within the albums tracks, I press stop or pause... often there's a popping noise or two just after pressing pause. Oddly enough, it happens much less often when using higher sample rates. It happens most of the time when playing a sequence of tracks that are typical 44.1kHz FLAC.

Make sure you have 64bit and follow source frequency on

Can you provide your settings in Sound & Notification - Gain and Auto-Mute?

I had the same problem when I change the Gain to High. You can try the following, but I'm not sure if this would help you.

When changing gain, you need to close neutron, make sure it's not running. Then load Mango, change the gain/filters there then close Mango. Then load Neutron again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back