Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jun 25, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #2,926 of 3,012
Hey everyone.

I'm wondering what are your thoughts on the Titan 3 VS Mee Pinnacle P1. Both are using a single dynamic driver. I have a feeling P1s will be top, but Titan 3 is a bit cheaper...
Opinions?

Also, do the Titans use a standard MMCX connection (like no locking mechanism or something)?

To answer the second part of you question, No, they cables are not standard MMCX. They are fixed. I haven't tried The P1's so can't answer part 1.

Jun 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #2,927 of 3,012
To answer the second part of you question, No, they cables are not standard MMCX. They are fixed. I haven't tried The P1's so can't answer part 1.
Thank you so much for the reply. The Titan 3 and Titan 5 do have detachable cables though. I think you have either the Titan 1 or 1es.

Jun 30, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,928 of 3,012
Thank you so much for the reply. The Titan 3 and Titan 5 do have detachable cables though. I think you have either the Titan 1 or 1es.

I stand corrected and I am so sorry for the misinformation! I actually took a look at my 5s befor answering your question. I own the 1000, 2000j, Titan 1 and Titan 5s. I also own several MMCX headphones/IEMSs. I didn't kno or try to detach the able from the 5s until you corrected me. I haven't used them for some time but wore them daily for several months. I had thought it was a swivel. In any case I do own two models of Shure SE series, Triplefi 10s and Oppo PM-3s all with MMCX connections. I have tried the MMCX cable with the 2000J and it did not work

I have learned a lesson and it's to be absolutley 100% positive before I reply or try to help. I have a large collection of IEMs and headphones and I am more of a hobbiest and lover of great sound than a technical person.

Wikipedia and Webster says "An audiophile is a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction" I am ceryainly an enthusiast and feel badly about incorrect info but my intention was to help. Living is learning.

I have spent some time searching out quality MMCX connections, as I think the system is excellent and has worked great for me. I have also gtrwon through several Dunu IEMs.

I hope I can be of better help the next time.

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #2,929 of 3,012
It's a pity that not released titan 6. bm.gif

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2,930 of 3,012
The other day I bought some cheap Sony replacement buds from Amazon UK to try with couple other IEMs. They fitted really well, so i tried them with some other sets including the Titan 1, a set i gave up on a while back for being too aggressive up top and lacking in bass. They have worked wonders and it's like I'm listening to a new set. Being a lot cheaper the silicon isn't as soft or flexible, it's actually quite stiff and hard. They fit great and have no movement when in. Really smoothed the sound out and the bass has a bit more weight that they really need IMO.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005VRPELW/

I wear the Medium.

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #2,931 of 3,012
I have not kept up with this thread, but thought I would add to what I have said before about the Titan 1.

I started on a journey to find a DAP, and along that journey, I plugged my Titan's back into my Magni/Modi stack, and these things still amaze me. Clear as a bell, and I have yet to find anything too low for them. I enjoy checking out people's "test tracks" for bass, and these little things have been able to reach down to everything. I still think they are an amazing set of earphones, and a drop-dead bargain.

Check out Aerosmith's Livin' on the Edge, at about 3:30 into the song, turn the volume up! How can such a tiny driver on these earphones produce that? And they still deliver clarity on the top end.

May 20, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #2,933 of 3,012
The Titan 6 is slated to replace the Titan 3/5 this year.

The driver is now principally a 12.6 mm Beryllium (single-sided coating) diaphragm, which makes the 'TITAN' naming a total misnomer, but I assume that it's because the series was so successful for them that they wanted to keep the series name going.

Pricing seems to be unchanged, in the ~$150 territory. The Trump tariffs might make it more expensive, though.

It's only now going on sale in China, so expect a ~2 month delay in availability of sales channels for the rest of the world, if we look back on DUNU's past roll outs.

Titan_6_Intro.jpg
Titan_6_CNC.jpg
Titan_6_Driver.jpg
Titan_6_Cable.jpg
Titan_6_Case.jpg
Titan_6_Unboxed.jpg

Jun 9, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #2,935 of 3,012
Been a while :). Never believed that December in japan release stuff. Still longer than I though 6 months later. Look forward to hearing these at some point. have had and heard the previous 3 and like where they where going but hopefully they got the tuning down. A mix of all three as they all had their own standout traits whether it be the air and space and clarity of the 1, the midrange of the 3, and the bass/better low reach of the 5. Reminds me more of an AT with that new housing.

Jun 9, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #2,936 of 3,012
Been a while :). Never believed that December in japan release stuff. Still longer than I though 6 months later. Look forward to hearing these at some point. have had and heard the previous 3 and like where they where going but hopefully they got the tuning down. A mix of all three as they all had their own standout traits whether it be the air and space and clarity of the 1, the midrange of the 3, and the bass/better low reach of the 5. Reminds me more of an AT with that new housing.

Ever heard the dn2000 (non j)? The mids are less analytical sounding (still resolving with great timbre), and more controlled bass than the 5. At this point in the game I have "better" stuff, but dunu nailed one of the best tunings imo with that hybrid (still hoping to hear the dk3001 though my Oriolus says I'm done with hybrids lol)

Jun 13, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #2,937 of 3,012
Titan 6 now available on Penon. I'm so itching to get it but I already bought a Tfz No 3, a Flares Jet 3, another Final and a handfull of cheepos this month already. Can't wait for some impressions, looks promissing.

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #2,938 of 3,012
Titan 6 now available on Penon. I'm so itching to get it but I already bought a Tfz No 3, a Flares Jet 3, another Final and a handfull of cheepos this month already. Can't wait for some impressions, looks promissing.

Just pulled the trigger and ordered them—they're too close to what I was looking for in the CA Lyra II but with an affordable price tag.

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #2,939 of 3,012
I got these last week at e-earphone tried them out at the show in april at nakano.
I must say they are really nice I mean they sound is so clear. Bass and mids are at the right spot my friend tried them, and almost tried to borrow them without me knowing lol. Endup getting a pair for my mom as it was the kind of sound she was looking for.
However I'm like how is this a single driver IEM? like seriously these give the Billie jean and Michelle a run for their money. Even sounds better than the dunu falcons. For the price point and quality on these I'm probably gonna get a couple spears.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,940 of 3,012
@Hawaiibadboy's review of the Dunu's Titan 6 is up—they seem to have been a "hi-hat" short of being recommended :wink:

Will post a comparison with:
- Sony MDR-EX650AP / SE
- Campfire Audio Comet / SE
- Empire Ears Bravado / SE via Fiio LL-4.4M Adapter
- Campfire Audio Cascade / SE

Using the following sources:
- Spotify (max quality) on iPhone 7 with bundled Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Spotify (desktop quality) on MacBookPro14,1 (more power = more dynamics)
- Sony NW-ZX300

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back