Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jul 1, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #2,941 of 3,012
No offense to HBB but sounds like a guy who has a lot on his plate. I would hope for more run in(for a Be) and not to have seen the review that soon but he has to get on with it. The tips, having had the three previous Titans, could be a cause or accentuate that treble oddity. Some time and testing could double check that.

I used to do that with Mike(Joker). He just did with the stock tips and move on to the next one due to time constraints but he would send to me as we traded to get more models out there but I gave all the testing and tweaks so I or he could chime in with a fix or improvement.

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #2,942 of 3,012
No offense to HBB but sounds like a guy who has a lot on his plate. I would hope for more run in(for a Be) and not to have seen the review that soon but he has to get on with it. The tips, having had the three previous Titans, could be a cause or accentuate that treble oddity. Some time and testing could double check that.

I used to do that with Mike(Joker). He just did with the stock tips and move on to the next one due to time constraints but he would send to me as we traded to get more models out there but I gave all the testing and tweaks so I or he could chime in with a fix or improvement.

Fair.

I sometimes re-visit and because of an influx of DD IEM I will be using/showing in vids coming. I am a big fan of the bery drivers

Jul 6, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #2,943 of 3,012
@Hawaiibadboy's review of the Dunu's Titan 6 is up—they seem to have been a "hi-hat" short of being recommended :wink:

Will post a comparison with:
- Sony MDR-EX650AP / SE
- Campfire Audio Comet / SE
- Empire Ears Bravado / SE via Fiio LL-4.4M Adapter
- Campfire Audio Cascade / SE

Using the following sources:
- Spotify (max quality) on iPhone 7 with bundled Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Spotify (desktop quality) on MacBookPro14,1 (more power = more dynamics)
- Sony NW-ZX300

Right, so… here we go!

TL;DR — To my ears, the Dunu Titan-6 are the best IEMs I ever had—period. How good are they? Well, I'm selling Empire Ears Bravado (sold). Yes, to my ears, they're that good. EDIT: I finally kept my Cascade but, yes, the Dunu Titan-6 are the closest I found the Cascade's in an IEM format. I mean, I find them to be ridiculously close if not similar though the Cascade might be just a bit better here and there (but that's probably due to them being my first Beryllium's ear/headphone).

Comparison summary — Here's the gist:
  • Compared to the Cascade they're very very very similar but more comfortable. I want the Cascade with the Meze Audio headphones headband;
  • Compared to the Bravado, I find them better because they have the excellent level of detail which I found in the Bravado though without being annoying all the while sounding more forward. The details are clearly there if you listen for them but they won't be in your face to the extend that it starts to be annoying—and they're more comfortable;
  • Compared to the MDR-EX650AP, the Sony's sound congested, like you're listening through a door or wall;
  • Compared to the Comet, they have more detail, presence, umph, etc.;
  • Compared to the all of them, the Sony's aside, they're cheaper, way cheaper or way way cheaper… so if you loose them, you're more likely to buy another pair and less likely to take a loan.
Last but not least, the tips (balanced/blue and vocal/red) make a difference so try them out. The cable's great and you can change/upgrade it should you want to aaannd… there's a useful pouch: cool :sunglasses:

Source used – So far, I mainly carried-out my tests using my Sony NW-ZX300 with the following sound settings (my impressions were the same listening via the MBP and I still need to test them via the iPhone):
- DC Phase Linearizer (Type B Standard);
- Vinyl Processor (Standard).

Song / Artist / Album / Quality used

- Forget the Flowers / Wilco / Being There / 24-Bit – 88.20 kHz
- Boat On The River / Styx / Cornerstone / CD 16-Bit – 44.10 kHz
- Eternity / Benjamin Clementine / Eternity / 24-Bit – 44.10 kHz
- Truth / Faada Freddy / Gospel Journey / 24-Bit – 44.10 kHz
- Hallelujah / Jeff Buckley / Grace / 24-Bit – 96.00 kHz
- The Needle And The Damage Done / Neil Young / Harvest / 24-Bit – 96.00 kHz
- What You Don’t Know / Caroline Spence / Mint Condition / 24-Bit – 96.00 kHz
- Sinnerman (Live In New York/1965) / Nina Simone / Pastel Blues / 24-Bit – 192.00 kHz
- Metamorphosis One / Philip Glass / Philip Glass : Solo Piano / CD 16-Bit – 44.10 kHz
- Never Going Back Again / Fleetwood Mac / Rumours / 24-Bit – 96.00 kHz
- Big City Life / Mattafix / Signs Of A Struggle / CD 16-Bit – 44.10 kHz
- Annabelle / Macy Gray / Stripped / 24-Bit – 192.00 kHz
- Sunny / Bobby Hebb / Sunny / CD 16-Bit – 44.10 kHz
- Superstition / Stevie Wonder / Talking Book / 24-Bit – 192.00 kHz
- Across the Lines (LP Version) / Tracy Chapman / Tracy Chapman / CD 16-Bit – 44.10 kHz
- The Three Of Us / Ben Harper / Welcome To The Cruel World / 24-Bit – 192.00 kHz
- Time In a Bottle / Jim Croce / You Don't Mess Around With Jim / CD 16-Bit – 44.10 kHz

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #2,949 of 3,012
Incoming Titan 6! Have only heard the Titan 1 awhile back but found it mostly impressive. Hope this one proves worthy and is a little more comfortable. Stay tuned..

Owned the dunu titan 1, and heard and wrote about the wonderful titan 3 and 5 which I thought were pretty solid. I've fallen away from Dunu since they lost my rma'd dn2000. Still curious as to how this titan does compare to its siblings.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #2,950 of 3,012
Whilst I'm interested in the Titan 6, I see the DK-3001 Pro has just been released. Looks like I shall have some serious decisions to make :)

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #2,951 of 3,012
Just got a pair of Titan 6 in - initial impressions are promising. Nice full sound and decent clarity for the price. Also nice to have an IEM that you can wear down the days!

Seen to have settled on the red / vocal tips - any other tip suggestions from period who've heard them?

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #2,953 of 3,012
Just got a pair of Titan 6 in - initial impressions are promising. Nice full sound and decent clarity for the price. Also nice to have an IEM that you can wear down the days!

Seen to have settled on the red / vocal tips - any other tip suggestions from period who've heard them?

Surely you've heard the other titans; how'd they compare to this in terms of signature?

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #2,954 of 3,012
Surely you've heard the other titans; how'd they compare to this in terms of signature?

Never heard the Titan range before - this is my first. Only Dunu IEMs I've spent time with so far are the DN-2002 and the DK-4001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back