Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jan 26, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #2,596 of 3,012
  Attack of the (Dunu) Titans 1,3,5 with comparisons with VSONIC GR07BE, Phonak Audeo, Hifiman Re400s!

Great video, thanks!

(Loved the part where you tried to get your tongue round the MEElectronics A151.
wink.gif
)

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #2,598 of 3,012
Great reviews thanks!

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #2,599 of 3,012

Great video, thanks!

(Loved the part where you tried to get your tongue round the MEElectronics A151.
wink.gif
)

thanks very much!

this is one of the reasons i prefer mainstream companies at times, the names are easier to remember and not just jumbled #s and letters!

That's why they changed from MEElectronics to MEEaudio
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #2,601 of 3,012
posted this in the other thread!

if you saw this already ignore my post!

looks like tyll has uploaded his quick thoughts and measurements of the titan 3 and 5
Dunu Titan 5 - Little bit of ringing here, but otherwise the Titan 5 looks damned good. I only gave it a quick listen as they belong to ljokerl, but after seeing these and the Titan 3 (the channel balance is most likely a seal issue) and the Titan 1, I've determined I need to be on these guys list for product.
Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-update-january-2016#w8GH23kEyUOuIpUR.99

I think tyll is a fan!

here are the links with the titan 1 for reference

titan 1:http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DunuTitan1.pdf

titan 3:http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DunuTitan3.pdf

titan 5:http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DunuTitan5.pdf

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #2,602 of 3,012
Funny is how Tyll's plots look quite like I described the IEMs in the lows and mids (Titan 3's red line) (except for the treble which I hear as being more present when listening to noise signals and sine sweeps).
Imho proves that ear anatomy and the amount of how close the vent sits to the concha are even more important for the perception of the Titan series (which have more correct mids in my ears than the DN-2000J by the way).
In my measurement coupler without any artificial ear, the plots did not match my perception and looked way different. Simulating an artificial ear by placing tape close to the vent then showed about the same results as on Tyll's plots and the mids were correct in contrast to when I did get a good seal but fit wasn't perfect yet.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #2,604 of 3,012
  Unless I'm misinterpreting, T3's low end looks respectable in Tyll's graphs which I also found in my listening tests. Whereas some found it lacking in low end response, I quite enjoyed T3 with electronic music which needs good bass response.

yup it does look mighty nice to my eyes as well

I'm just a sucker for a bit more warmth!

my favorite is the gr07be afterall.

the titan 3s are close! and even though I said this already, after few small tweaks I'm enjoying my t3s so much right now!

I think for me its the more so the 3k region, the gr07 has a peak around 5-6k similar to the titan 3s, and it didn't really bother me all that much.... hm...

but the titan 5 seems a come back to life around 10, 15k, hm... otherwise pretty marginal differences

in terms of the distortion! whoot that looks pretty darn sweet!

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #2,607 of 3,012
From Tyll's graphs of the Titan 1,3 and 5, the Titan 1 looks like the best performer but honestly, I personally haven't tried the Titan 3 and 5 yet so please don't take my words for this account. Tyll's graphs certainly speaks a lot 
wink.gif
 I recently discovered that the Comply Comfort 200 is currently my favourite tips for the Titan 1/FiiO EX1. As much as I love the Comply T200, the Comfort 200 does not smooth out the highs as much as the T200 although the Comfort 200 does indeed smooth out the high peaks in a subtle manner. Insertion and comfort level of the Comfort 200 is also better than the T200. For those who needs smoother highs then the T200 will be the better choice. I've tried various silicone tips including the stock, SpinFit, JVC Spiral Dots and third party single, double and triple flange tips but it just doesn't smooth out the high peaks like the Comply tips, some of them even affects the bass frequencies in a bad way unlike the Comply tips. All in all, I prefer the sound of the Titan 1/FiiO EX1 paired with the Comply Comfort 200 than my Vsonic GR07 Classic. The only advantage of the GR07 Classic is it's slightly tighter bass and warmer mids, otherwise the Titan 1/FiiO EX1 with the Comfort 200 tips trumps it in other aspects especially the sound stage and the highs extension that never fail to grab my attention. I hope my humble opinion may help all Titan 1/FiiO EX1 users out there.

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #2,608 of 3,012
Funny is how Tyll's plots look quite like I described the IEMs in the lows and mids (Titan 3's red line) (except for the treble which I hear as being more present when listening to noise signals and sine sweeps).
Imho proves that ear anatomy and the amount of how close the vent sits to the concha are even more important for the perception of the Titan series (which have more correct mids in my ears than the DN-2000J by the way).
In my measurement coupler without any artificial ear, the plots did not match my perception and looked way different. Simulating an artificial ear by placing tape close to the vent then showed about the same results as on Tyll's plots and the mids were correct in contrast to when I did get a good seal but fit wasn't perfect yet.

I think Tyll is probably putting the Titan's all the way to the reference plane, which is impossible in real live usage without triple flange tips. Normal wear position is at least 6mm away from the reference plane, which is going to make treble peaks higher in amplitude and lower on the frequency response scale. If you do try trips on the Titan 1, it will tame the treble a lot but then, IMO, defeats the purpose of the wear design of shallow and comfortable 

Jan 31, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #2,609 of 3,012

I think Tyll is probably putting the Titan's all the way to the reference plane, which is impossible in real live usage without triple flange tips. Normal wear position is at least 6mm away from the reference plane, which is going to make treble peaks higher in amplitude and lower on the frequency response scale. If you do try trips on the Titan 1, it will tame the treble a lot but then, IMO, defeats the purpose of the wear design of shallow and comfortable 

Yeah, this (ant the amount of how much the vents are covered, I did some measurements a few pages ago) likely explains it.
I have quite wide ear canals and large conchas, so there is no way for me to wear them too shallowly. My perception in the mids and bass is quite spot-on with Tyll's plot (guess my ears and his artificial ears on the coupler cover the bores identically).

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #2,610 of 3,012
I have been away and occupied with pressing real life matters, but I am extremely anxious and excited to very, very soon share my in-depth evaluation of the TITAN 5 in the next week. I will be giving primary focus on the key areas of the TITAN 5 including packaging presentation, overall design and build quality, sound signature, and soundstage and imaging.  In my most critical portion of the review, the sound evaluation process, I will have approximately thirty carefully handpicked tracks which will be used to qualitatively determine its specific sound signature and imaging characteristics. The tracks themselves will be of various genres and artists spanning a hopefully very wide gamut of listening preferences that should appeal to many users here, which are listed in the table directly below. I cannot wait to spread my excitement and enthusiasm with the rest of the Head-Fi community for what I seriously believe to be DUNU's strongest contender yet for the world's best universal IEM!

AlbumArtistTrack Title
20th Century Masters :The Millennium Collection: Best of Burl IvesBurl IvesPearly Shells (Popo O Ewa)
A Single ManElton JohnSong for Guy
Best of the DoobiesThe Doobie BrothersListen to the Music
Boa Sorte Pra VocêVictor e LeoRios de Amor
EvidemmentFrance GallMusique
FrozenFrozen CastFixer Upper
Greatest HitsFleetwood MacRhiannon
Greatest HitsThe Guess WhoAmerican Woman
Greatest HitsHeartMagic Man
Lindsey StirlingLindsey StirlingTranscendence (Orchestral Version)
Multi-Dimensional: Sonic Adventure 2Jun Senoue, Johnny GioeliLive & Learn (Main Theme of Sonic Adventure 2)
NonstopBYU Vocal PointSuper Mario (a cappella tribute - medley)
Not Your Mother's LDS Music 3Jenny Jordan FrogleyNever Be Another
Paula Fernandes Ao VivoPaula FernandesNão precisa
Something Big: The Complete A&M Years...And MoreBurt BacharachNew York Lady
Sonic Adventure: Songs With AttitudeKaren Blake (Misattributed as Karen Brake)Believe In Myself (THEME OF MILES)
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (American Soundtrack)PasticheSonic Boom
Swing TimeThe Glenn Miller OrchestraTuxedo Junction
The Best of KansasKansasCarry on Wayward Son
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the WardrobeHarry Gregson-WilliamsThe Battle
The Essential HeartHeartThese Dreams
The Essential Janis IanJanis IanAt Seventeen
The Essential REO SpeedwagonREO SpeedwagonRoll With The Changes
The Essential TotoTotoI'll Supply the Love
The Partridge Family Sound MagazineThe Partridge FamilyLooking Through the Eyes of Look
The Phantom of the Opera (Original Motion Picture)Andrew Lloyd WebberThink of Me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back