Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Feb 17, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #2,626 of 3,012
just pulled the trigger on the fiio titan 1's, was on the edge about the gr07be, but since i own the vsd3s I thought I'd try something different (and half the price). Can't wait, they come thursday! thanks for the video review tom, it helped out a lot. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #2,627 of 3,012
  just pulled the trigger on the fiio titan 1's, was on the edge about the gr07be, but since i own the vsd3s I thought I'd try something different (and half the price). Can't wait, they come thursday! thanks for the video review tom, it helped out a lot. 

Titan 1. Congrats on the buy.
Big pros: Treble, soundstage. You won't hear anything like it in this price range.
Cons: Sound leak. Was a deal-breaker for me.

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #2,628 of 3,012

i assume ur referring to me? if so thanks

i compared them to the gr07be s i think in one my reviews

if not....awkward... :p

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #2,630 of 3,012
My Titan 3 arrived. Very early impressions: Better, fuller bass than Titan 1, similar treble, not as airy but still very good, but man those upper mids are sharp! Off to the burner you go.

Will update again after 100 hours of cookin'.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #2,631 of 3,012
got my fiio ex1's today, played a few albums through. short impressions vs the vsd3s - added clarity and larger sound stage, less bass than the, less sibilance, something in the treble makes them more fatiguing. i took the dog on a run today and they stayed in my ears wonderfully. I love the cable and strain reliefs, and I'm back to an L jack! If I had to compare them to a full size can it would be the dt880. Now I just need a warm and smooth iem and i'll have the trifecta. 

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #2,632 of 3,012
Just an Update on my TITAN5 Cable issue, Everything seem to work perfectly fine after cleaning & reinserting the cable. 
beyersmile.png
 I have a year warranty if anything goes wrong 

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #2,634 of 3,012
Just got the Fiio Ex1 delivered the other day. I absolutely love them! I was worried about sibilance from the reviews but for the most part I don't have a problem with that using the Sony Hybrid like tips. The highs to me are about as hot as they can be without being fatiguing and are very satisfying. Mids are very clean and airy. The bass is just perfect. I love the imaging and separation of instruments. Well recorded live music sounds amazing. Add to that they looks awesome, great build quality, are comfy, come with a great case, well integrated chin slider and a cable organizer on the end and you can't beat it for $69 on Amazon. The only thing it doesn't really excel at is isolation obviously because of the design.
Probably the best bank for the buck of any IEM/headphone I've ever purchased. 

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #2,635 of 3,012
  Just got the Fiio Ex1 delivered the other day. I absolutely love them! I was worried about sibilance from the reviews but for the most part I don't have a problem with that using the Sony Hybrid like tips. The highs to me are about as hot as they can be without being fatiguing and are very satisfying. Mids are very clean and airy. The bass is just perfect. I love the imaging and separation of instruments. Well recorded live music sounds amazing. Add to that they looks awesome, great build quality, are comfy, come with a great case, well integrated chin slider and a cable organizer on the end and you can't beat it for $69 on Amazon. The only thing it doesn't really excel at is isolation obviously because of the design.
Probably the best bank for the buck of any IEM/headphone I've ever purchased. 

How would you compare it to your Thinksound ms01's?

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #2,639 of 3,012
It's less about what suits a particular genre, and more about what sonic traits you particularly like.

Perhaps start with listing any IEMs you've tried and liked, and any you've tried and didn't like.  Also maybe list any traits you prefer (extra bass, less bass, enhanced mid-range, bright, dark, etc)

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #2,640 of 3,012
  It's less about what suits a particular genre, and more about what sonic traits you particularly like.

Perhaps start with listing any IEMs you've tried and liked, and any you've tried and didn't like.  Also maybe list any traits you prefer (extra bass, less bass, enhanced mid-range, bright, dark, etc)

HI Brooko,

I normally like a bit of warm for my headphone, just a bit though (currently using oppo pm-3 but it proves to be unsuitable at work), although with that said I'm not quite sure about the neutrality of the titan 3, and I feel like although v-shaped the titan 5 will suit me better, since I like metal, problem is I can't audition them atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back