Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Feb 9, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #2,612 of 3,012
Another DUNU cable.  As I stated in my review - they are proprietary (other standard MMCX don't fit).  What is the issue, and have you tried talking to DUNU about it?

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #2,613 of 3,012
  Another DUNU cable.  As I stated in my review - they are proprietary (other standard MMCX don't fit).  What is the issue, and have you tried talking to DUNU about it?

Or if you lucky enough to get your hands on VSonic VSD3/3s cables (the same proprietary mmcx connector) before those IEMs were redesigned with a fixed cable.  Penon used to carry replacement, but it has been out of stock for quite awhile...

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #2,614 of 3,012

My sound occasionally cuts off here and there. I have to twist / spin the cable around & shake my head like I'm on drugs to see if the sound get cuts off again. Now I understand why some people prefer to have Fix cable. I have not talk to DUNU yet, but since I imported the TITAN5 from Penon to USA, I doubt they would send me a new cable. It took nearly a month to get my Titan5, Shipping it back would be a pain.

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #2,615 of 3,012

My sound occasionally cuts off here and there. I have to twist the cable around & shake my head like I'm on drugs to see if the sound get cuts off again. Now I understand why some people prefer to have Fix cable. I have not talk to DUNU yet, but since I imported the TITAN5 from Panon to USA, I doubt they would send me a new cable. It took nearly a month to get my Titan5, Shipping it back would be a pain.

Do you mean Penon Audio?  If yes - then contact them, and tell them the issue. DUNU are excellent with customer service, and Penon is supposed to be pretty good to from all I've heard.

If you want it fixed - send them an email, and see what they say.

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #2,616 of 3,012
^ +1.  Just keep in mind right now they are celebrating Chinese New Year (CNY) until Feb 15th, and I'm certain the responses will be delayed.

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2,617 of 3,012
It is my turn on the T3/T5 on the tour.
bigsmile_face.gif
I am the first stop on the U.S. leg of the tour.

Obviously they arrived :)

Just getting a feel for the two of them with the tips that came on them. T3 came with the large size Sony style hybrids and the T5 with the medium on them. Makes sense to have the larger on the T3 to bring a bit more bass.

As has been stated the T3 is the more vocal/mid-centric one but the T5 is not too different. A more forward and bigger bass but the mid-range is less V and more sweet than what I remember the Titan 1 being. Surprised that I like the T5 as much as the T3 and find it is not as big as the more open Titan 1 but better tuned it seems. T3 has less bass but more treble presence than the T5 even with larger tips attempting to seal in more bass. I hear the T5 being a bit bigger or less intimate, a bit further back than the T3 is.

T5 seems to have the mid-bass backed off vs. what I remember of the Titan 1 giving them more of a low-bass focus. Shame after I was done with my sample Titan 1, I passed it on for a friend to use and won't be able to A/B. Though I remember them fairly well and especially why I didn't mind passing them on. Pretty early but easy to hear I like the T5 better and don't mind the smaller stage in exchange for some of the slight changes in the tuning that I hear. 

Gonna listen to them and get more acclimated and do some tip rolling. Some comparing to my two most used current phones, the JVC FXT200 and Macaw RT-10. That will be interesting. The Macaw is the hardest to drive of all these. Seems the JVC is still the largest sounding in terms of stage size. T3 is brightest and T5 has the most bass. Those few things stand out from a cursory first listen among the four of them.

This will be quite fun!
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #2,618 of 3,012
I'm due to post a review of these babies but I honesty think that these titans are really something, and not to be overlooked at their price range.

I was a big fan of the T3, but the T5s can even add more magic to vocals than than say the T3, DN2000 & DN2000J...

Anyhow enough teasers ;p these titans are really that good!

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #2,619 of 3,012
  Thanks for your laborious effort Brooko. Though when I first got my Titan 1, I actually dislike the sound with the stock large tips. The sound improved a bit with the SpinFit but no go with the Spiral Dot tips due to high peaks and accentuated lows. Just when I was about to give up on the Titan 1, I gave it a last chance by pairing it with the Comply T200 and BAM....it sounds like heaven and now I have to eat my own words and it has been my favorite on-the-go IEM. What a difference a pair of tips can make, I literally surprised myself. Now, I really need to audition the Titan 3, 5 and DN2KJ and see how much better they are against the Titan 1 sound 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the "tip". I followed you advise and got a Comply T200 and it does sound better now. I paired with Cozoy Astrapi DAC and Iphone 5s. It is now my favourite most compact power free apart from the phone player now.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #2,625 of 3,012
Actually Penon is selling it for 4 dollars cheaper.

Cld be, but I was just sayin in common for all the products.......for ex:: havi,vsonic etc are bit pricier. Ya if you get cheaper with either of these sellers, its a good buying experience overall I wld say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back