Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jun 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #2,761 of 3,012
From my experience, the Titan 5 has one of the best vocal presentations out there - you get the warmth and sweetness that will make you want to sing. The titan 3 is a bit of a niche tuning but it does deliver resolution in spades especially at the price level.

The higher priced Dunus have better speed and dynamics (to say the least) but one can't go wrong at all with the titan line up if you know what you're looking for.

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #2,762 of 3,012
From my experience, the Titan 5 has one of the best vocal presentations out there - you get the warmth and sweetness that will make you want to sing. The titan 3 is a bit of a niche tuning but it does deliver resolution in spades especially at the price level.

The higher priced Dunus have better speed and dynamics (to say the least) but one can't go wrong at all with the titan line up if you know what you're looking for.

good to hear it...a great age we're in for portable audio .... so many companies coming out this yr with more refined products
...dunu...trinity phantom....fidue sirius...mee pinnacle 1....orvietti primacy....flc 8s...etc etc....

i really enjoyed that roadshow you guys did, too, on the tital 1,3 and 5 series...that thread clarified a lot.

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #2,763 of 3,012
I own Titan 1. I like its airyness, but hate its mids. I am looking for something with more mids. My preference is sweet and warm tonality. I am confused between titan 3 and 5. I would go with T5 if It didn't have a u shaped sound signature. I am only left with T3. A few comments above, someone commented that T5 has sweet mids, that again made me interested in T5. how recessed are the mids on T5?

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #2,764 of 3,012
  I own Titan 1. I like its airyness, but hate its mids. I am looking for something with more mids. My preference is sweet and warm tonality. I am confused between titan 3 and 5. I would go with T5 if It didn't have a u shaped sound signature. I am only left with T3. A few comments above, someone commented that T5 has sweet mids, that again made me interested in T5. how recessed are the mids on T5?

They aren't recessed.  I find it interesting that so many people call the T5 V shaped and the T3 more balanced.  DUNU described the T5 as the more balanced of the two (I happen to agree with them as well).  The T3 on the other hand was tuned more for vocal lovers.

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2,766 of 3,012
  I wonder what is different about the Titan 1, Titan 2?

There is no Titan 2, only the DN2000(J) or DN2002. 

That said, i really liked the open airy sound of the Titan 1, and would love to try the Titan 3/5 or DN200(J) or the DN2002.

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #2,768 of 3,012

They aren't recessed.  I find it interesting that so many people call the T5 V shaped and the T3 more balanced.  DUNU described the T5 as the more balanced of the two (I happen to agree with them as well).  The T3 on the other hand was tuned more for vocal lovers.

I am a vocal lover. I love the mids of my DT 150 ( closed HD 650). Lush, textured and warm. Also, I find Titan 1's mids lifeless and distant . What titan would you suggest me?

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #2,769 of 3,012
  I am a vocal lover. I love the mids of my DT 150 ( closed HD 650). Lush, textured and warm. Also, I find Titan 1's mids lifeless and distant . What titan would you suggest me?

If you're looking for lush and warm - none of the Titans will suit.  If you want to buy DUNU, then you're looking more at the DN-2000 IEM.

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #2,770 of 3,012

If you're looking for lush and warm - none of the Titans will suit.  If you want to buy DUNU, then you're looking more at the DN-2000 IEM.

Thank you for your suggestion. DN 2000 is out of my budget ATM.
I think I will give T3 a try. I have always been a fan of midforward signature. T3 shouldn't disappoint me I guess.
One last question - how bright is the T3? also, Do their mids have more body and texture compared to the T1?

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #2,771 of 3,012
They don't have a lot of bass - so they are cold and clear - opposite of lush and warm. What is your budget?

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #2,772 of 3,012
They don't have a lot of bass - so they are cold and clear - opposite of lush and warm. What is your budget?

How does the T3 compare to the regular KC06 and Aurisonics Rockets? I currently have the Aurisonics Rockets, but I'm selling them because I can't keep a good seal with them for more than a few seconds.

I'm thinking of buying either the KC06 (loved the KC06a, and I remembered them fitting great) or Dunu Titan T3.

I'm looking for good timbre, clarity with least amount of harshness and upfront mids. I like the bass to be around neutral level.

Basically the Aurisonics Rockets with Comply T-500 tips in reverse has the perfect sound for me as a reference.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #2,773 of 3,012
Unfortunately I don't have either the KC06 or the Rockets to compare (I've heard and reviewed both though).  From memory (which is never reliable
wink.gif
), the KC06 were mid-forward, but didn't have a big boost in the upper-mids.  The Rockets were also mid-forward but quite smooth (rolled lower treble).  The T3 have comparatively a lot lighter bass than both, and more accentuated upper mid-range than both.  The T3 are quite clean, cool and clear. Bass is probably a little below neutral (to me anyway).  What is there though is clean and quick.

For you they may be worth looking into.

How does the T3 compare to the regular KC06 and Aurisonics Rockets? I currently have the Aurisonics Rockets, but I'm selling them because I can't keep a good seal with them for more than a few seconds.

I'm thinking of buying either the KC06 (loved the KC06a, and I remembered them fitting great) or Dunu Titan T3.

I'm looking for good timbre, clarity with least amount of harshness and upfront mids. I like the bass to be around neutral level.

Basically the Aurisonics Rockets with Comply T-500 tips in reverse has the perfect sound for me as a reference.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #2,774 of 3,012
The Titan 3 is extremely critically reacting to fit, more precisely the ear anatomy and how close the vents come to the Conchas.
With a rather shallow fit, the lows can be thin and slightly below neutral levels, with bright, somewhat squeaky and up-front mids. Depending on one's ears however, they can be on the balanced, somewhat warmer or even bassier side. For most people though, it seems that the Titan 3 sounds rather upper-mid-focused than balanced due to ear anatomy and vent positioning.

In my ears, the vents seem to be relatively closely sitting to my Conchas, so the sound is quite balanced and even very moderately warmed-up in the bass and root. Once I inserted the Titan 3 IEMs so that the vents were very freely sitting, just to experience what many members in the German community were hearing. And whoops, the balance was gone and the sound was thin, lean, bass-shy and somewhat squeaky/honky in the upper mids. So yeah, the Titan 3's sound is highly fit dependent and its tonal balance can change pretty quickly, depending on individual ear anatomy and how close the vents come to the ears. (Also see this post where I did some measurements to get an idea of why the sound was different in a completely free coupler than it was in my ears.)

IIrc, Nik (@nmatheis) also didn't perceive the Titan 3 as thin, lean or bass-shy at all, so it seems like in my ears, the Titan 3's vents were rather closely sitting to his Conchas. The problem though is that as a consequence, it is rather difficult to predict how especially the Titan 3 (that reacts the most critical out of the Titan series depending on vent proximity to one's ears) will sound for one individual.

I remember that some people (mainly in Germany iIrc) pointed out that a different vent placement would probably be more beneficial in order to that everybody could experience about the same tonality (with the Titan 3, as the Titan 1 and 5 are comparatively much less sensitive to vent proximity to the ears) despite different ear anatomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back