Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jul 7, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #2,776 of 3,012
Probably explains why some hear the T5 as very V shaped and quite bassy.  I don't.  Neither did the DUNU engineers.

Jul 11, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #2,778 of 3,012
They don't have a lot of bass - so they are cold and clear - opposite of lush and warm. What is your budget?

It's $150. I am looking for a smooth mid centric iem that does female vocals really well. I don't mind more upper mids as long as they are smooth. I didn't find the T1's upper mids smooth enough. If the T3's mids are also the same as the T1's( no emotion), then I might not buy it.

Jul 11, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,779 of 3,012
or else I am totally tempted to get the T3. Also, I am not looking for the warm and lush signature anymore.

Jul 11, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,780 of 3,012
It's $150. I am looking for a smooth mid centric iem that does female vocals really well. I don't mind more upper mids as long as they are smooth. I didn't find the T1's upper mids smooth enough. If the T3's mids are also the same as the T1's( no emotion), then I might not buy it.

It sounds like u might need to look elsewhere. The upper midd i find is somewhat peaky. Nice but peaky.

Maybe the hifiman re400 or brainwavz r3 or the klipsch x7 would do better for u.

I love how liquid the x7s sound in the midrange. Very enveloping.

The re400 and r3 is on the drier ens but still very smooth and linesr from the midrange to the treble

Jul 11, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #2,782 of 3,012
T3 didn't sound peaky in my experience, though by then I did replace the stock tips with spinfits. I felt that the T5 sounded closer to the dn2k, although the T5 provided a warmer V shaped sound and sounded spectacular with vocalists (female in particular). Overall I ended singing along more subconsciously upon hearing the T5s. Dn2000 is spectacular if you enjoy a faster realistic decay with your jazz instrumentals. T3 can out do both of them in regards to timbre and resolution (with Dn2kj at the very summit because it's that good!).

Jul 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #2,783 of 3,012
Titan 3 or MEE P1?

Had the T1 (which I liked quite a bit), never had the T3, but most say it sounds good; have currently the P1 and REALLY like it.

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #2,784 of 3,012
After those two comments - I'd suggest getting T5 instead of T3 - it'll give you a bit more bass.

Quote:

or else I am totally tempted to get the T3. Also, I am not looking for the warm and lush signature anymore.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #2,786 of 3,012
Got my Titan 3 . I agree with brooko's review totally. I am hearing the same sound.
Vocals on these sound crystal clear and realistic, female vocals sound very euphonic, but are on the thinner side. I dont hear any sibilance, but I hear a small lower treble peak. It doesnt bother me much though. The bass is neutral and very detailed. I am very impressed with it so far. Also, does burn in help ?
I can't wait for my T5 to arrive.

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #2,787 of 3,012
  Got my Titan 3 . I agree with brooko's review totally. I am hearing the same sound.
Vocals on these sound crystal clear and realistic, female vocals sound very euphonic, but are on the thinner side. I dont hear any sibilance, but I hear a small lower treble peak. It doesnt bother me much though. The bass is neutral and very detailed. I am very impressed with it so far. Also, does burn in help ?
I can't wait for my T5 to arrive.

I'll get in before you get the outlandish claims.  DUNU claims that burn-in should help.  Nowadays I measure most IEMs within a day of getting them.  And then I measure before I review - usually after 100 or so hours.  I haven't had a measurement yet where anything has changed to an audible level.

So if it makes you feel better - go for it.  But IME it changes nothing.  And unlike others, I don't rely on anecdotal evidence - I rely on measurements.  I know how unreliable my ears are - especially when you take out fleeting auditory memory into account.

What you will find though is that over time you brain will adjust to the sound - and that is the real change.  Its just you getting used to how the T3 sounds.

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #2,788 of 3,012

I'll get in before you get the outlandish claims.  DUNU claims that burn-in should help.  Nowadays I measure most IEMs within a day of getting them.  And then I measure before I review - usually after 100 or so hours.  I haven't had a measurement yet where anything has changed to an audible level.

So if it makes you feel better - go for it.  But IME it changes nothing.  And unlike others, I don't rely on anecdotal evidence - I rely on measurements.  I know how unreliable my ears are - especially when you take out fleeting auditory memory into account.

What you will find though is that over time you brain will adjust to the sound - and that is the real change.  Its just you getting used to how the T3 sounds.

That makes sense.
BTW, did you find the T3 a bit edgy in the upper mids?Some female vocal songs sound a bit edgy with the T3. It is not really a smooth sounding iem as I thought it would be. People here called them a bit warm and fuller sounding. That is not what I am hearing. I let my friend try them and he told me that they do sound a bit fuller and warm. It surprised me. I think it has something to do with your ears shape.

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #2,789 of 3,012
That makes sense.
BTW, did you find the T3 a bit edgy in the upper mids?Some female vocal songs sound a bit edgy with the T3. It is not really a smooth sounding iem as I thought it would be. People here called them a bit warm and fuller sounding. That is not what I am hearing. I let my friend try them and he told me that they do sound a bit fuller and warm. It surprised me. I think it has something to do with your ears shape.

Im not quite sure what to think then... the t5s and the t3s are identical as far as the physical dimensions.

So that maybe why some found the t5s very bassy, and the t3s just slighly warm

Whereaa me and @brooko seems ro find the t5s appropriately balanced slightly warm, and the t3s a bit on the thinner side.

I remember trying to find some tips amongst the sea of them in my drawer. Trying to add some warmth. But at this point i accepted it and just use em with the sony hybrids. Their the most comfortable.

I find myself using the t5s more and more. They've a permanent home next to my computer

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #2,790 of 3,012
  That makes sense.

I love my upper mid-range, so probably as not of an issue for me personally - but I can see how it would be for some. There is also a port or vent on the internal face which can control bass response. So if this is blocked by your ear, you will get varying degrees of bass / warmth compared to if it has more room to breathe.  This is why there are varying reports about the T series. If you are hearing ti the same as I am - then pretty sure bet you will enjoy the T5 more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back