Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
May 13, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #2,731 of 3,012
I use Comply T-500 Small sized and they are great on the Titan 1s. They smooth the treble and make the bass nice and punchy. They just improve the sound all over IMO. Fit wise they are a little larger but just manage to fit without becoming loose. i got nice red ones for my TA Deltas, but I use the medium size on them. i was using INΛIRS AIR1 (s) which were ok but they were a little too long and seemed to effect that wonderful soundstage a bit.

I tried the Spinfits and disliked them. They made the T1s too bright and treble focused. Don't get me wrong, it was interesting hearing a bump in treble on some songs and it did sound more accurate, but it was detrimental to bass quantity and increased sibilance. those wanting more upper mids and treble focus will like them though.

May 27, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #2,732 of 3,012
If anyone is in the UK there's 2 pairs of DUNU Titan 3s available as open box on advancedmp3players for around £68, or £62 if you get cashback from topcashback too. But the cashback will only be available till tomorrow. free delivery code is: SHIPFREE

Just a heads up.

Anyone recommend some tips for Titan 5s?

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #2,733 of 3,012
I just bought the Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC XS for my laptop. Teamed together with the Titan 1 is a match made in heaven. These two were made to pair up!!! The main bonus is the sub bass... it is flawless. I never knew the Titan could go this low. It's not all about mid bass any more. The space and air between vocals and instruments is wonderful without sounding bright. The highs are more realistic and less artificial sounding too. I gave up on my HD650s today because i couldn't better the sound coming from these two together. I thought I was getting a good sound from my Xduoo X3... but that doesn't come close to how good this little DAC is. Only £49 too. It's meant to be direct competitor of the Dragonfly.

If you have the dough... try this out.

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #2,735 of 3,012
[COLOR=111111]I regret that I sold my Titan 1![/COLOR]

I gave mine to my sons girlfriend...she really enjoys them now. I do miss their clarity, but have enough others, that I can enjoy. They were just so clear of sound.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #2,736 of 3,012
  I just bought the Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC XS for my laptop. Teamed together with the Titan 1 is a match made in heaven. These two were made to pair up!!! The main bonus is the sub bass... it is flawless. I never knew the Titan could go this low. It's not all about mid bass any more. The space and air between vocals and instruments is wonderful without sounding bright. The highs are more realistic and less artificial sounding too. I gave up on my HD650s today because i couldn't better the sound coming from these two together. I thought I was getting a good sound from my Xduoo X3... but that doesn't come close to how good this little DAC is. Only £49 too. It's meant to be direct competitor of the Dragonfly.

If you have the dough... try this out.

As much as I love my Titan 1 but to be honest, it's no where near my HD600 
wink.gif
 The only thing that the Titan 1 is good at is it's fun sound signature which is more acceptable by the general public.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #2,737 of 3,012
  As much as I love my Titan 1 but to be honest, it's no where near my HD600 
wink.gif
 The only thing that the Titan 1 is good at is it's fun sound signature which is more acceptable by the general public.

I never liked the hd650s at all. maybe the 600s would have been different but i never got the WOW factor I was expecting sadly. Even bought a powerful dac/amp for them.

You can't really compare them, but at the end of the day we're all after a set-up that suits us individually, so if i get it with a small DAC with IEM then all the better (and cheaper).

As i said though, I think i just struck gold partnering the Titan 1s with the Cambridge Audio DM V2. They really do compliment each other so well.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #2,740 of 3,012
[COLOR=111111]on the street, they were audible to other people who passed me![/COLOR]

To be fair, even with the Comply's, isolation wasn't the best. IMO, that added to the brilliant airiness of the sound. Just fabulous.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #2,741 of 3,012
To be fair, even with the Comply's, isolation wasn't the best. IMO, that added to the brilliant airiness of the sound. Just fabulous.

Comply tips never add airiness, they're known to smooth out the high peaks. It does not add more airiness to any high frequencies....Comply tips just smooth out all the high frequencies that is already there in the first place and make it less peaky that's all....not add airiness.

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #2,742 of 3,012
Comply tips never add airiness, they're known to smooth out the high peaks. It does not add more airiness to any high frequencies....Comply tips just smooth out all the high frequencies that is already there in the first place and make it less peaky that's all....not add airiness.

I was referring to the overall airiness of the Titan's themselves, due to the lack of isolation, not the Comply's....and yes the Comply's helped settle the treble. I am overly sensitive to the highs, and the Comply's helped control that, allowing me to not only tolerate, but enjoy the Titan's.

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,743 of 3,012

It's obvious he was referring to the airiness in the sound of the Titans themselves, not the comply tips.

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #2,744 of 3,012
Yes, I totally agree that the Comply smooths out the treble peaks on the Titan 1. The stock silicone tips makes it very peaky at the top end almost fatiguing to listen to, however I've discovered that the Comply S sounds more airy than the Comply T version. The Comply T version attenuates too much of the highs for me. The Comply S version sounds better with better airiness compared to the T version.

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #2,745 of 3,012
Yes, I totally agree that the Comply smooths out the treble peaks on the Titan 1. The stock silicone tips makes it very peaky at the top end almost fatiguing to listen to, however I've discovered that the Comply S sounds more airy than the Comply T version. The Comply T version attenuates too much of the highs for me. The Comply S version sounds better with better airiness compared to the T version.

I really liked what the Comply Sport did for the sound. Smoothed the highs to make them very tolerable. They are really good IEM's, which I may regret giving away at some point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back