Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Apr 30, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #2,701 of 3,012
I don't know about the 5, but the 3 are some of the easiest pairs to drive that I have ever owned, and can get pretty loud pretty easily.

Are you coming to the Portland meet next Saturday? Thanks to Vivian, I'll be able to offer a listen to DN-2002 and engineering samples of DK-3001 and DK-4001. This is a great opportunity to get an early listen and provide feedback.
:beerchug:

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #2,702 of 3,012
Are you coming to the Portland meet next Saturday? Thanks to Vivian, I'll be able to offer a listen to DN-2002 and engineering samples of DK-3001 and DK-4001. This is a great opportunity to get an early listen and provide feedback.
:beerchug:

Where will the meeting be held at? It'll depend on how I feel, I had a few medical issues this last month.

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #2,703 of 3,012
Where will the meeting be held at? It'll depend on how I feel, I had a few medical issues this last month.

It'll be at Mt. Scott Community Center from 9-4. Hopefully you'll be feeling better and will make it over. I'll have a lot of very nice portable gear to try!

May 2, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #2,704 of 3,012
Really dig the Titan 5's. They became my main driver even over my other Over-Ear headphones. I just like them that much.

One thing worries me a bit though.. there are already alot of scratches on the housing and i really hope they won't make them uncomfortable some day because maybe the scratches may get kind of sharp? Anyone else with alot of scratches on the Titan 5 oder Titan 3? Always carry them in dedicated little bag but they always seem to crush on each other when i take them out thus creating scratches. :'D

May 2, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #2,705 of 3,012
Really dig the Titan 5's. They became my main driver even over my other Over-Ear headphones. I just like them that much.

One thing worries me a bit though.. there are already alot of scratches on the housing and i really hope they won't make them uncomfortable some day because maybe the scratches may get kind of sharp? Anyone else with alot of scratches on the Titan 5 oder Titan 3? Always carry them in dedicated little bag but they always seem to crush on each other when i take them out thus creating scratches. :'D

All the Dunus that I have owned always ended up with a lot of scratches, seems something common with them no matter what care you take. My Titans 3 are without scratches until now (knocks on wood), one of the things I did was replace the case that came with them (bought a metallic one from bigbargainonline), since it seems it was designed for the original Titan and tends to crush the 3 and 5.

May 3, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #2,706 of 3,012
Hey guys,

It's that time of the year again for me when I am in need of headphones and now i am back to browsing head-fi. This time around i understand that i need an iem since ill be commuting in my country (Philippines) via jeeps,mrt,lrt and buses , and im pretty sure that my over ear headphones would be soaking wet if i chose to use them.

I have made my decision, sound-wise, that i want to purchase the Dunu titan 3s when i tried it in the store together with the titan 5s. For me, the bass was overall better and more noticeable with the t5s compared to the t3s. However, t3s got my vote because of the clearer mids and a more balanced sound without losing much of the quality of the bass. The voices of Passenger and Nate Ruess really shined as i played their songs.:)

The dilemna for me now, and why my wallet still has money in it: i want to use the iems i will purchase in the gym when i workout. A quick search in the thread gave me mixed results. There were some anecdotes that said they use them when working out and on the other hand there are people who say that the vents at the back may cause problems when you sweat.

Can anybody help me with this dilemna? Anyone who has owned the t3s and have used them in the gym or in working out found any problems?

I just really want them to last since, for me, they are an expensive pair. It would also give me comfort knowing that i can safely use it when i workout. Or else, ill be resorting to the popular jaybird x2s or jbl reflect mini bts.

May 6, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #2,710 of 3,012
[COLOR=111111]a good pair of headphones, in some cases, requires external amp![/COLOR]

No they don't - the T5 is easy to drive, no amp required

May 7, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #2,712 of 3,012
T5s aren't headphones technically...not sure what he meant by that. Lol

Well, they're also called in-ear headphones
wink.gif

But I agree with Brooko, unless one's listening at really high levels or has a source with bad output that doesn't have a good enough output (e.g. distortion with low impedance headphones or a roll-off in the bass with a low impedance load), there is no real need for an additional headphone amplifier regarding sensitivity - the Titan series in-ears are in fact sensitive enough to reveal hiss with some hissy sources, where many other dynamic driver in-ears have a black background.

May 7, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #2,713 of 3,012
Well, they're also called in-ear headphones:wink:

But I agree with Brooko, unless one's listening at really high levels or has a source with bad output that doesn't have a good enough output (e.g. distortion with low impedance headphones or a roll-off in the bass with a low impedance load), there is no real need for an additional headphone amplifier regarding sensitivity - the Titan series in-ears are in fact sensitive enough to reveal hiss with some hissy sources, where many other dynamic driver in-ears have a black background.

Aie...without talking anyone's side, we can agree upon in-ear monitors for iems. For the rest of the world, they can even pass as ear buds or whatever. Going back to my statement, I was curious on Gosod's post about amping headphones.

What I'm curious about is the difference in the impedance and sensitivity of the titan 3 vs 5...

May 9, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #2,714 of 3,012
Titan 5s came. Love them =D Work great with my LG G4. Bass and treble are really clear and punchy. Soundstage is large and airy.

I wanted to get a more expensive pair of DUNUs, but I'll save that for when I get a better source. Happy for now!

May 9, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #2,715 of 3,012
Titan 5s came. Love them =D Work great with my LG G4. Bass and treble are really clear and punchy. Soundstage is large and airy.

I wanted to get a more expensive pair of DUNUs, but I'll save that for when I get a better source. Happy for now!

No shame in that. I own the dn2000 and have heard the j version and the flc8s hybrids, the Dunu titan 5 and 3 are probably something I'll try and buy later after having tried them out.

The hybrids are superb from end to end with fantastic separation. The titan 5 are one of the best vocals I've heard. So it's rather crazy to hear that especially at this price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back