DUNU releases EST 112, a triple hybrid in-ear with dual electrostatic tweeters
Apr 25, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #226 of 296
@DUNU-Topsound looking at these impressions, I can't stop myself think about the next generation of the DK-series....

Is there any update on any details available yet?😉

They released the (really good) DK 3001 Pro (that really are an actual upgrade and totally different from the more gimmicky, w-shaped DK-3001 (that however have more of that "dynamic driver bass magic" (texture and body while at the same time still really good speed and control) compared to the Pro that have traded this for a more technical bass presentation (tightness and speed more similar to a large or vented BA woofer))) not too long ago - why should they release anything new (DK) just now? Greed like many other audio, electronics and car manufacturers who release a follow-up generation or refreshed model of a currently existing product every few months but focus more on profit than actual, logical improvements (or any changes/improvements at all - some just release a v2 with either worse (cough, cough, Brainwavz B200 v2) or identical tuning (supposedly Audiofly AF1120 MK2, and most Shure and Westone models) but slight cosmetic updates, just to charge a higher price ("newer is better" and "more expensive means automatically better" nonsense thinking))? That doesn't sound very DUNU-esque to me. So far, their releases and follow-up models (think Titan series, DN series, DK series) have always had products that were quite different from each other, and actual new releases/complete redesigns instead of just slight updates/cosmetic changes, and developing a new product logically takes more time than just renaming something that already exists, designing a different cardboard packaging, increasing the price and calling it a day.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #227 of 296
They released the (really good) DK 3001 Pro (that really are an upgrade and totally different from the more gimmicky DK-3001) not too long ago - why should they release anything new (DK) just now? Greed like many other audio, electronics and car manufacturers who release a follow-up generation or refreshed model of a currently existing product every few months but focus more on profit than actual, logical improvements (or any changes/improvements at all - some just release a v2 with either worse (cough, cough, Brainwavz B200 v2) or identical tuning (supposedly Audiofly AF1120 MK2, and most Shure and Westone models) but slight cosmetic updates, just to charge a higher price ("newer is better" and "more expensive means automatically better" nonsense thinking))? That doesn't sound very DUNU-esque to me. So far, their releases and follow-up models (think Titan series, DN series, DK series) have always had products that were quite different from each other, and actual new releases/complete redesigns instead of just slight updates/cosmetic changes, and developing a new product logically takes more time than just renaming something that already exists, designing a different cardboard packaging, increasing the price and calling it a day.
Yes definitely, I can't remember a time Dumu rushed a release. Like ever. I personally have the Dumu DK-3001 Pro, but feel that their more recent (SA6 and Est112) might be more agreeable tonality-wise for me personally. I'm extremely tempted to buy either, but at the same time I absolutely love the DK series size and for factor. Plus I would be willing to spend a bit more (for maybe the DK-5001?)

I can't find the post now, but I think Dumu was taking about updating the DK series sometime soon, possibly this year, although probably not, with the new eclipse dynamic driver from the zen. That driver in a tribrid combination with BAs and ESTs is something I can't wait for : )

Apr 25, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #228 of 296
Can you compare the soundstage of RSV and EST112 also?

@gadgetgod look at this.
Yeah just checked. Man, I feel like I was giving too much time to FD5. The energy of that was out of this world, though the refinement in EST's instrument is excellent. I am looking for something that offers both to me like the separation and detailing of EST112 and the energy of FD5. But then again without breaking the bank :)

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #229 of 296
Yes definitely, I can't remember a time Dumu rushed a release. Like ever. I personally have the Dumu DK-3001 Pro, but feel that their more recent (SA6 and Est112) might be more agreeable tonality-wise for me personally. I'm extremely tempted to buy either, but at the same time I absolutely love the DK series size and for factor. Plus I would be willing to spend a bit more (for maybe the DK-5001?)

I can't find the post now, but I think Dumu was taking about updating the DK series sometime soon, possibly this year, although probably not, with the new eclipse dynamic driver from the zen. That driver in a tribrid combination with BAs and ESTs is something I can't wait for : )

The plan is to create a 'tribute' model that combines the major features and sound characteristics of all our past DK models. Our goal is to release it by the second half of the year, but we're still trying to decide between various different driver configurations. We've made a number of prototypes of each, and now it's about determining the one that makes the most sense, i.e. gives people the best value for money.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Apr 26, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #231 of 296
The plan is to create a 'tribute' model that combines the major features and sound characteristics of all our past DK models. Our goal is to release it by the second half of the year, but we're still trying to decide between various different driver configurations. We've made a number of prototypes of each, and now it's about determining the one that makes the most sense, i.e. gives people the best value for money.
That sounds great. I have previously owned your DK3001 Pro it was fantastic, now EST112. Loving it too <3 I might plan for Zen next!!

May 4, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #232 of 296
Despite the number of drivers in DUNU EST 112, can they be compared to ThieAudio Monarch, or ThieAudio Monarch headphones are higher level and much more interesting configured? I want to click on the " Buy " button and try Dunu EST. I've never listened to music through Dunu headphones.
Last earphone I bought this year was Dunu DK2001....
Was absolutely blown away by its performance.....
I consider it now the best in ear up to 300$
That and only that reason triggered my curiosity to purchase the next in line dunu earphone.
If EST112 is by any definition an upgrade in DK2001s sound I actually cannot imagine how that will sound!!!!!!
In a couple of days EST112 wiil arrive and my excitement cannot be described.......!!!
For me it can only be DUNU for now on....

May 4, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #233 of 296
Last earphone I bought this year was Dunu DK2001....
Was absolutely blown away by its performance.....
I consider it now the best in ear up to 300$
That and only that reason triggered my curiosity to purchase the next in line dunu earphone.
If EST112 is by any definition an upgrade in DK2001s sound I actually cannot imagine how that will sound!!!!!!
In a couple of days EST112 wiil arrive and my excitement cannot be described.......!!!
For me it can only be DUNU for now on....
@gadgetgod bro, can you describe, from memory, if the EST 112 is as good as, or better than your past DK3001 Pro?

May 7, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #234 of 296
Hey guys, here is my take on the DUNU EST112: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-est-112.25063/reviews#review-25827
Overall it is smooth and clear sounding IEMS with a silky top end. It is definitely the deal breaker for the EST drivers IEMS and strong competitors in the sub $500 dollars price range. Apart from that, I have to say l really love the design on the EST112, it looks so cool and futuristic.

thumbnail_B7484FA4-28D6-48FD-9705-F06B7DE8D253.jpg

May 8, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #235 of 296
IMG_20210508_095252.jpg
IMG_20210508_095337.jpg

This just in.....
Feeling happy now......

May 11, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #236 of 296
The EST112 really opens up after some burnin! Even that bass impact went up a few notches. My initial impressions on them were: moderate soundstage and a bit bass-light. After around 200 hours or so, I can’t call them bass light anymore, the impact is there. The soundstage no longer feels limited.

Can’t always say that burnin works for me but for EST112, it did make quite a significant difference.

May 11, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #238 of 296
@gadgetgod bro, can you describe, from memory, if the EST 112 is as good as, or better than your past DK3001 Pro?
As long as i remember the DK3001 Pro, the EST112 bass performance is more or less similar, treble is better in EST112 with very refined texture. But DK3001 Pro had a slight neutral-warm signature while the EST112 has a bright tonality.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #239 of 296
The EST112 really opens up after some burnin! Even that bass impact went up a few notches. My initial impressions on them were: moderate soundstage and a bit bass-light. After around 200 hours or so, I can’t call them bass light anymore, the impact is there. The soundstage no longer feels limited.

Can’t always say that burnin works for me but for EST112, it did make quite a significant difference.
I agree! I am far from how I felt about the EST 112 upon first listen (I felt I got had...lol). While it's still not as quite 3-D and holographic in sound to my ears as the 3DT, it still has a nice soundstage (gets wider depending on the source) and has great amounts of clarity and details. And it's comfortable. This was a good purchase. The sound signature is addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back