DUNU releases EST 112, a triple hybrid in-ear with dual electrostatic tweeters
Mar 27, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #16 of 296
Have you ever used an Electret Electrostatic Driver before? They are a different kind of deal. I’ve only heard one, not the EST 112.
They look great, but I fear these will sound a bit too bright for my taste. I have EQed the ZEN slightly and they really became totl for me now. I wish Dunu comes with a somewhat « dark-warmism » set a some point.

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #17 of 296
Does your H1 pairing with the ZEN give best results?
Yes, the best results from my modest collection. I admit that the xDuoo X10T II helps with the slight EQ. Once more, subjective opinion from a listener loving a full sound signature with great separation and sufficient detail retrieval.

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #18 of 296
Have you ever used an Electret Electrostatic Driver before? They are a different kind of deal. I’ve only heard one, not the EST 112.
I had the Bqeyz Spring 1, it sports an e-stat module if not mistaken. Was ok.

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #19 of 296
Yes, my only other is the Spring 2. But those (both) are piezoelectric not electrostatic, I wonder what the difference is?
I had the Bqeyz Spring 1, it sports an e-stat module if not mistaken. Was ok.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #20 of 296
Yes, my only other is the Spring 2. But those (both) are piezoelectric not electrostatic, I wonder what the difference is?
Not much I guess (in total honesty) I will let the experts tell us the difference

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #21 of 296
Not much I guess (in total honesty) I will let the experts tell us the difference
Quite a bit. Totally different driver. Different family and totally different setup (piezos are sort of like a planar layout). Piezoelectric is much cheaper than the SONION electret. I'm just glad to see someone is finally honestly presenting the Sonion electret as an ELECTRET rather than pure electrostatic.

Piezos are all over the map in how they sound. The Sonion Electret is very good when implemented well. Treble is very 3D and sort of floats in the air.

The only hesitation I have on this set is the mids. Tuning on the graph looks good, but the knowles is custom, new and could be bad or good. I don't want another set with mediocre mids.

Mar 27, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #22 of 296
Quite a bit. Totally different driver. Different family and totally different setup (piezos are sort of like a planar layout). Piezoelectric is much cheaper than the SONION electret. I'm just glad to see someone is finally honestly presenting the Sonion electret as an ELECTRET rather than pure electrostatic.

Piezos are all over the map in how they sound. The Sonion Electret is very good when implemented well. Treble is very 3D and sort of floats in the air.

The only hesitation I have on this set is the mids. Tuning on the graph looks good, but the knowles is custom, new and could be bad or good. I don't want another set with mediocre mids.
Thank you sir for this detailed explanation.

Mar 27, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #23 of 296
Good timing, I am about to buy iem with est, and along comes this est112.
the best thing I like about items from Dunu is the fit, best of all items I have.
However, bass seems tend to weak side, i wonder how the bass on this est112.

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #26 of 296
I'm likewise interested in the cable.

Wondering whether a full range ECLIPSE dd + est setup would be both feasible and highly resolving. That's the kind of set I'm hoping DUNU gives us over the next 12 months or so.

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #27 of 296
Well , well....
IMG_20210327_204212.jpg

Mar 27, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #29 of 296
I thought the bass was fairly thumpy and I didn’t feel it was lacking. It wasn’t like that with the initial tips I used. I ended up using my own CP145 tips which got me a fantastic seal and I then had no issues with the bass.
I will try cp145 which I have in hand.
@Audio Fun also comment on EST112 bass as : The bass is on the light side.
For EST112, I will be focus on its EST driver performance, but if it can raise bass a bit, it would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back