DUNU Q-Lock PLUS Quick-Switch Modular Plug Cables - Discussion Thread
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #226 of 404
Anyone with vision ears ve8 got experience with the dunu cable lineup?
Is there any sonic difference between the cables or is it just flexibility and material mostly?
Mostly wondering if it’s worth it to look at the other cables when the duw-02 is so cheap compared to the rest?
what does the rest of the cables bring that the duw-02 can’t?
(don’t want to get into a cable debate but I thought a cable technically made very little to no changes to the way a piece of gear sounds)

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #227 of 404
Anyone with vision ears ve8 got experience with the dunu cable lineup?
Is there any sonic difference between the cables or is it just flexibility and material mostly?
Mostly wondering if it’s worth it to look at the other cables when the duw-02 is so cheap compared to the rest?
what does the rest of the cables bring that the duw-02 can’t?
(don’t want to get into a cable debate but I thought a cable technically made very little to no changes to the way a piece of gear sounds)

Best cable from Dunu line up is Hulk (I own DUW-02, Lyre and also Viridian). I'm not a cable believer but with VE8, you will improve impact, separation and more detail on upper mid (this cable can be a bit heavy and remain flexible)

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #228 of 404
This is interesting:

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #229 of 404
This is interesting:

I liked his ending recaps. The trick is how to effectively convince your brain that your stock cable is now a hand crafted work of art and you are now allowed to approach your music in a very different way. When you learn how to do that convincingly, you’ll likely get little auditory benefit from a cable upgrade. But you may have to learn how to alter reality.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #231 of 404
I just got the Dunu Blanche today and it’s my first higher end cable for IEM’s and first convertible plug cable.

Im not a huge believer in the cable making worlds of difference sonically and although I have only used them for about an hour, I do feel the imaging is at least slightly improved.

Besides that the cable looks and feels really good. I’ve had some nice custom cables for my headphones which are nice but these are very elegant looking and feel like they are very nicely constructed. They are soft and pliable with a very nice and consistent weave. The plugs are also nice and attaching them to the cable feels sturdy.

I did spend like 15 extra minutes trying to get those plastic film/tape pieces off of everything and that was getting kind of frustrating honestly. Also if I had to list a gripe, while the chrome bead is really nice aesthetically, it doesn’t hold super strong. Super minor gripe for me but might be more significant for others.

Overall super impressed with the cable. I was looking at the Fiio cable but I hate ordering from AliExpress and they couldn’t even give me an idea when they’d be back in stock on Amazon in the US. Someone here told me the Blanche was a step above and I have to say, while they’re more expensive and fairly pricy in general, they feel very high quality.

May 7, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #232 of 404
The blanche is splendid. The ear hooks are absolutely perfect.

May 11, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #234 of 404
Do the Dunu cables come with just one plug? I got the Duw 02 today and it came with only the 3.5mm plug. Where can I buy the 2.5 mm from?

May 11, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #235 of 404
Do the Dunu cables come with just one plug? I got the Duw 02 today and it came with only the 3.5mm plug. Where can I buy the 2.5 mm from?
Hey there. I think that the Noble, Hulk and Blanche come with a set of plugs. Less expensive cables come with your 1 choice of plug. You can buy from DUNU direct or most authorized retailers. They have some dealers in Europe and some that will ship international too like Linsoul and Penon and so on.

May 11, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #236 of 404
Hey there. I think that the Noble, Hulk and Blanche come with a set of plugs. Less expensive cables come with your 1 choice of plug. You can buy from DUNU direct or most authorized retailers. They have some dealers in Europe and some that will ship international too like Linsoul and Penon and so on.
Hi. Thank you, I already got my answer. I bought it from Amazon and it didn't mention anything. It's a bit weird for a swappable plug to come like this. But otherwise I like it and went ahead and ordered another plus extra plugs from Hifigo. You can actually select 2 plugs of your choice when ordering the cable there. That is how should be done everywhere IMO.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #237 of 404
Hi. Thank you, I already got my answer. I bought it from Amazon and it didn't mention anything. It's a bit weird for a swappable plug to come like this. But otherwise I like it and went ahead and ordered another plus extra plugs from Hifigo. You can actually select 2 plugs of your choice when ordering the cable there. That is how should be done everywhere IMO.
Yeah sorry I didn't see your earlier post. This was something I was curious about too but yes the Blanche did come with all the plugs.

May 22, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #238 of 404
Please refer to this table as the most accurate information. We made mistakes with the gauge specs in that post that you and @rantng bookmarked.
One more thing, which is correct for the Blanche, 26 or 27 AWG? Website says 8 x 27 AWG but table says 26 AWG?

zbn9uqAzBD.png
bZf7ROgjd9.png

May 22, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #239 of 404
One more thing, which is correct for the Blanche, 26 or 27 AWG? Website says 8 x 27 AWG but table says 26 AWG?

zbn9uqAzBD.png bZf7ROgjd9.png

It is 26 AWG. We made a typo during the localization process. Here's the original specs image:

1621741260584.png

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back